Crucible bosses in maps, why ??

Dear GGG,

First off i love this league, having tons of fun..

Sadly there is a BUT - what is the meaning of having the bosses from Crucible show up in maps and drop nothing, i repeat nothing of worth!

I enjoy the challenge they bring, but shouldnt we be rewarded with something when we kill them ?? We do with Legion, Breach and Beyond bosses if i am not mistaken.

Why not make them drop a couple of items with the tree already revealed, or something that sets them apart from the other Crucible mobs ?
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2023, 9:40:08 AM
"
Chairman_miau wrote:
Sadly there is a BUT...

Sadly, there's always a 'but' when it comes to GGG.

The only reason for bosses to come into your map, as far as I know, is to make the encounter more difficult while at the same time boost you a couple of millimeters of progress on your crucible bar. I think this is GGG's way of introducing a hint of "wow factor" into the mechanic, not understanding that a "wow factor" in PoE needs some kind of loot anticipation.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 23, 2023, 11:21:37 AM
IF I got it right, the bosses have a higher chance of dropping geode's. but with the overall low drop rate, it's not like it makes a noticeable difference.

Overall I agree with you. The crucible mobs (especially the bosses) doesn't need to drop like the normal mobs on the map (this would most likely be to rewarding, compared to other content) but there should be at least a little more reason to interact with the altar, if your used weapon/shield trees are already maxed out.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Yeah.. I would expect them to drop a guaranteed Geode.
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
Yeah.. I would expect them to drop a guaranteed Geode.

Maybe not a guranteed one, but at 100% on a juicy t16 map, I would at least expect one every 2-3 maps a normal and like every 10 maps a high lvl one.
Otherwise, a small (but reasonable) chance to get items with unlocked skill tree (following the normal drop rules for rarity) would also be a nice addition.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Chairman_miau wrote:
Sadly there is a BUT...

Sadly, there's always a 'but' when it comes to GGG.

The only reason for bosses to come into your map, as far as I know, is to make the encounter more difficult while at the same time boost you a couple of millimeters of progress on your crucible bar. I think this is GGG's way of introducing a hint of "wow factor" into the mechanic, not understanding that a "wow factor" in PoE needs some kind of loot anticipation.

That's because GGG is always showing us their butts:/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info