Triggerbots + Summon Reaper is bugged

Currently if you try to use triggerbots to trigger summon reaper, it is beyond a little janky.

Here's what I've gathered.

1. It definitely costs double the mana when triggering summon reaper with triggerbots

2. (Summon reaper still dashes to a target location and not to the triggerbots)

3. If reaper is not Summoned when triggered, the reaper will first be summoned, and then triggerbots causes it to immediately use its dashattack, which is overriding the 4 second cooldown. Which is working as you would expect it to work.

4. This is where it gets weird. If reaper is already summoned when triggered, they will dash to the targeted location and use its dash-attack. And that's it. You still pay double the mana. Reaper doesn't take a damage penalty. But It also doesn't hit twice. It doesn't immediately use the dash attack again, either. There's literally 0 benefits too it, you simply pay the mana cost twice.

I tested for a little over an hour (on Xbox). I used this setup to test: Summon Reaper (+CwC +Snipe). I tested against A3 General Gravicius. I took screenshots right before Reaper hit Gravicius with his dash attack and immediately after. I gathered the difference in his health from before and after the damage. I repeated this event with and without triggering/triggerbots. The result was that reaper with and without triggerbots resulted in roughly the same average damage per dashattack. I can provide the screenshots if requested

Anyway that's it. Just wanted to report the issue and write this is as a word of warning. Don't bother trying trifgerbots and summon reaper... it's currently bugged
Last edited by Luke KB on Apr 17, 2023, 9:16:32 PM
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2023, 1:42:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Triggerbots only work with things you trigger yourself. They don't work with things your minions trigger.
Well that's why summon reaper is in a weird spot. It's a a skill that you cast, and that skill triggers the resper to use it's attack.

If summon reaper truly fell into the holy-relic type category of "a minion triggered skill" that is incompatible with triggerbots, then it wouldn't make sense that triggerbots does indeed work properly when the reaper is unbuttoned.

Triggerbots will cause the reaper to be summoned, and then instantly use its dash attack (bypassing the 4 second cooldown). This is because triggerbots is triggering the player skill, which targets where the reaper is summoned and then also triggers the player skill which tells the reaper "use your dash attack here".
Last edited by Luke KB on Apr 17, 2023, 11:04:58 PM
This is technically correct - the reaper is told "do this dash attack" and then immediately told "do this dash attack". It can't do two actions at once, only one, so one of these "inputs" is wasted.
It's the same case as if you click once to use a skill, then immediately click a second time while starting that skill, you'l do the skill once.
I'm pretty disappointed to hear this, as I'm fairly sure my build is bricked now, but I really appreciate the response. Thank you for taking the time to clarify this.

Edit- aside from this setback, I'm thoroughly enjoying this league. Thank you for the great content!
Last edited by Luke KB on Apr 18, 2023, 1:42:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info