Australia!!!! FTW

Ah HAH! I found an Aussie thread - thanks to Peachii - so I'm indulging in thread necromancy.

Rural Qld. here (when I'm home).

The Oi! Oi! thing is NOT good. Let's speak 'strine.

I suggest 'On yer mate!' or 'Ave a go yer mug!'

Anyway, she'll be right fellers (or, as the case may be, fellerettes, i.e. grouse sheilas)
Did you try and fit as many aussie stereotypes as possible into one post?
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
ciknay wrote:
Did you try and fit as many aussie stereotypes as possible into one post?

Actually, no. I'd welcome your assistance though. Perhaps you could add a few more?
How about we all just post pictures of steve irwin. That's what australians look like to americans anyway due to him.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
It occurs to me that trying to squeeze as many Australianisms into one post as possible would likely result in an instant probation.

Bugger that.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Oh dear Charan. You have descended to the vernacular!

The Australian stereotype I would endorse would be a mature individual, concerned with the wider world and with at least some level of academic interest. He/She/It would be a cultured individual, able to toss together a Shakespearean sonnet at the drop of a pentameter, familiar with the works of Bach, Beethoven and Dvorak and have a lively interest in sculpture and the graphic arts

Woddaya reckon mate? Any chance?

Pull up a sheep an' make yerself comfy while I do yer up a 'rooburger an' a cuppa billy tea with a bit o' damper whiles yer nut it out.

Catch yer later cobs!

* Translation is available on request for those unfamiliar with the higher forms of verbal communication.
*raises hand* :3

P.S. Girl gamers FTW
"
Riley_Andro wrote:
*raises hand* :3

But of course dear sir (or mayhap madam). Pray permit me to elucidate...

Translation:-

'Please recline on this elegant chaise longue which is upholstered with a material of organic and environmentally friendly origin. Meanwhile I shall busy myself preparing a delighttful repast consisting of a wine marinated portion of low fat meat barbecued to perfection and served with vegetables de jour. May I then tempt you with a herbal infusion of ancient and exotic origin, to whit Orange Pekoe tea, that beverage which the renowned essayist Charles Lamb has eulogised in his own immortal words? Might I also tempt you with a small portion of this fragrant Antipodean cuisine which is called by those domiciled under the Southern Cross "Damper'

When suitably refreshed you may then wish to consider the small matter which I have laid before you.

I await your response with considerable eagerness'

That do yer matey?. It's in reel Pommie English an' all!
Last edited by Eggy on Feb 8, 2013, 3:15:12 PM
I feel a cultural cringe coming on.
“I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while.”

― Charles Fort
*Bumps with rains of Tim Tams and Cherry Ripes* just to keep with the theme of the thread
The Templar kills for Faith - The Shadow kills for Money - The Duelist kills for Fame -
The Marauder kills for Pride - The Ranger kills for Survival - The Scion kills for Attention (Emo much?) ...
and the witch...
She kills for Revenge ... tbc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info