Choir of the Storm Lightning Bolt not interacting with Trigger Bots

The damage of lightning bolt does not get reduced and does not repeat a second time despite being a spell. I think this should work with trigger bots no?
Last edited by Ridiem on Apr 16, 2023, 7:23:54 PM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2023, 3:43:33 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump
bump
Thanks for your report, I had a look at this and it looks like it is triggering twice, the damage isn't being reduced however.

I'll pass this on.
holy shit this was brutal
You learned a valuable lesson today, Exile. Never, ever, for any reason, in any circumstance, attempt snitch to GGG, because they will always end up breaking your build with a midleague nerf even if it's not even good to begin with, rather than doing the sensible approach of letting the non-gamebreaking bug stay and only fixing it on the next version of the game.

Edit: Also, just something I thought about. It would be quite abnormal for the Lightning Bolts to be correctly triggered twice by the triggerbots but without being affected by the damage penalty from the bots, because in this case I would expect for the bots to be bugged with every single triggered spell, not just Lightning Bolt. Jatin_GGG, are you sure that when you tested the interaction you diddn't forget to consider that when a Lightning Bolt is triggered by the triggerbots, the first bolt will usually be a critical strike which will apply a strong shock effect to the enemy and this could interefere with the values you observed?

If we set the damage of a single Lightning Bolt to 100%, then the normal behavior of the triggerbots would be to trigger two 65% damage bolts (totalling 130% damage). Since people who play with this Choir of the Storm build usually have high critical strike chance, then the first bolt will also shock the enemy (easily by 50% shock effect), so the damage of the bolts would be 65% + 97.5% (totalling 162.5% damage). Now if I consider that the enemy is always under a 50% shock (which is a reality with this build), then the total damage of the triggered Lightning Bolts would be at 195% of the base value, which could wrongly make it look like the bolts are triggering twice but without being affected by the damage penalty from the triggerbots.
Last edited by Synchrotron on Apr 17, 2023, 1:38:58 PM
No good deed goes unpunished.
This was Ruthless.
All my energy goes to farm DW Daggers! BUFF MELEE!!1!1
"
Synchrotron wrote:
You learned a valuable lesson today, Exile. Never, ever, for any reason, in any circumstance, attempt snitch to GGG, because they will always end up breaking your build with a midleague nerf even if it's not even good to begin with, rather than doing the sensible approach of letting the non-gamebreaking bug stay and only fixing it on the next version of the game.

Edit: Also, just something I thought about. It would be quite abnormal for the Lightning Bolts to be correctly triggered twice by the triggerbots but without being affected by the damage penalty from the bots, because in this case I would expect for the bots to be bugged with every single triggered spell, not just Lightning Bolt. Jatin_GGG, are you sure that when you tested the interaction you diddn't forget to consider that when a Lightning Bolt is triggered by the triggerbots, the first bolt will usually be a critical strike which will apply a strong shock effect to the enemy and this could interefere with the values you observed?

If we set the damage of a single Lightning Bolt to 100%, then the normal behavior of the triggerbots would be to trigger two 65% damage bolts (totalling 130% damage). Since people who play with this Choir of the Storm build usually have high critical strike chance, then the first bolt will also shock the enemy (easily by 50% shock effect), so the damage of the bolts would be 65% + 97.5% (totalling 162.5% damage). Now if I consider that the enemy is always under a 50% shock (which is a reality with this build), then the total damage of the triggered Lightning Bolts would be at 195% of the base value, which could wrongly make it look like the bolts are triggering twice but without being affected by the damage penalty from the triggerbots.

Amen.

Snitches get nerfbats.
"
Synchrotron wrote:

You sound more upset about this than I am. Balance is restored. The neck wasn't even good for my build lol.
Last edited by Ridiem on Apr 18, 2023, 4:26:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info