[Closed] OAuth redirect_uri

In Confidential Clients redirect_uri is an option in CODE request and Access Token request - not works it accept only registered URI but,
The request for CODE could be done from other paths like:
REGISTERED_URI/path but back receive redirect_uri set to REGISTERED_URI/path not works.
redirect_uri is an option for personalize requests and make code more clear.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on May 27, 2023, 3:52:40 AM
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2023, 12:10:07 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hard to follow what you write as i guess you aren't a native English speaker/writer(like myself).
Do you get any specific errors/error code back when you try using it?

Have you registered your program? I'm also looking into using oauth but GGG wants you to register even for using a public client which confuses me a bit especially because they haven't set up an automatic handling for registering.

My guess would be, that it might not work for you, because you haven't registered.

btw
Spoiler
interesting security concerns you had/have about logins on pathofexile dot com on other/public devices. Sad that GGG response didn't understand your concern which are legitimate in my view.
Last edited by Simondererste on Apr 19, 2023, 6:17:25 AM
My app is based on website and has secure server etc and is registered by GGG. All works perfect but not some features are correctly implemented by GGG OAuth team. One of option is redirect Uri which is an option in CODE request and Token request. I think that team understand my question.
In my client there is no errors because as I wrote all works, but in my opinion not all is smoothly implemented.
As You noticed GGG wants registration and in my opinion this is good security behavior, to control all external application.
Last edited by koszmarnica on May 13, 2023, 9:34:42 AM
I feel like you already had asked this question, or that it is at least connected with what you wrote here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362249?
Yes this is the same problem, but first I was not sure if this is bug.
Now I m sure this is a bug because of things I described above in theme post.
Shortly:
Redirection is an option in CODE request and Token reqest but not works if is used, and send an error, but request WORKS from other path in CODE request.
There is some inconsistency here for what they give such option if not works when works as path as first request ?
And finally for what They provide this option if not work ??
I have emailed with team because They prefer such way and I will press on Them to change this.
Last edited by koszmarnica on May 13, 2023, 9:39:45 AM
Ah i see(i think xD). I could only find 2 places, where you use the redirect_uri. For getting a "code" which you can than exchange for an access token(so the CODE and Token request you are talking about?).
As i understand it, GGG uses it as an option (&redirect_uri=...) for both but also explicit tells us, that it must match client's registered URI.

You now would like to have the option, to add '/"something else"' after your registered URI. As i understand you, the oauth rfcs(which i understand as being some kind of definition of a standard) would allow that but GGG hasn't implemented it like that?

Don't know if i would need this but i'm interested in this general topic and would like to see responses from GGG, because my curiosity(especially on the technical side of things).

Are errors you are getting back a specific error code like 404 for not being found?
Last edited by Simondererste on Apr 19, 2023, 6:57:58 AM
Generally You understand correct what I touch 😏🙄.
Last edited by koszmarnica on May 13, 2023, 9:48:31 AM
Closed because I think I misunderstood the rules.
"
redirect_uri is the URL that you want the result of the authorization request to be sent to. This must match your client's registered URI.
According to this sentence, it is a registered path to receive the CODE and Acces Token, where is sent on request, not the address of website client where is operating. Setting not registered URI, different path causes an error. This is correct. Other actions, such as queries using a token, can be performed from other URI.
Last edited by koszmarnica on May 29, 2023, 12:40:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info