"Reduced Poison Duration on you" jewel mod does not apply to poisons reflected using Golden Rule

I've been trying to get my self poison(through golden rule) duration low enough so it's shorter than my self damage leeches for Tainted Pact. When I noticed that the poisons weren't ending as quickly as they should, I tried to self poison while using over 100% reduced poison duration on you, which should make the poisons not have any duration, but they lasted for their average duration. That's not what should be happening

https://i.imgur.com/vOzNDGY.jpg

In the screenshot you can see that I have 141% Poison Duration on Self reduction, but I have 55 active poisons on me. My guess is maybe the reduced poison duration on you mod is only affecting poisons from enemies and not self-reflected poisons like it should be.

Update: Tested some more things, the "Poisons on you expire 50% slower" from the Apep shields does affect self reflected poison duration, thought the Soul of Shakari less duration on poisons on you does not. The only other main way of reducing the time of a self-reflected poison that I haven't tested is using debuff expire faster mods, which I assume will work because poisons are a debuff and the wording is similar to the Apep shields. That being said, I'm pretty certain that all of the poison duration on you type mods are all not applying when it comes to reflected poisons

I did notice that on the known issues page there's currently a mention concerning Lethe shade not increasing the duration of ailments reflected back to you, which should be in the same category of ailment duration for both the increase/decrease and more/less modifiers that I've been testing. I really hope that when they fix that interaction, it will also fix the other similar ones so that I can finally use the jewels I bought to manage my self poison duration

Last edited by Beogen on Apr 13, 2023, 11:44:59 AM
Last bumped on May 6, 2023, 6:55:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This same issue extends to bleeds that the golden rule reflects. With 67% reduced bleed duration on my character, I still have my reflected bleeds last the full 5 seconds. Bleeds applied by monsters attacking me are correctly reduced.
Bump. Definitely an oversight that significantly hurts the design intent of the person/dev who put time into designing the amulet.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Thanks for your report, this is the correct behaviour.

The duration of the Poison reflected to you matches the duration of the Poison you applied and isn't reduced by Reduced Poison Duration on yourself.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:

The duration of the Poison reflected to you matches the duration of the Poison you applied and isn't reduced by Reduced Poison Duration on yourself.

...well that doesn't make much sense at all, especially with the Lethe Shade bug meaning more/less multipliers are still supposed to apply but increased/decreased don't? So much for optimizing my build and capping my chaos res I guess
Last edited by Beogen on Apr 26, 2023, 6:46:07 PM
"
Beogen wrote:

...well that doesn't make much sense at all, especially with the Lethe Shade bug meaning more/less multipliers are still supposed to apply but increased/decreased don't? So much for optimizing my build and capping my chaos res I guess
Lethe Shade bug is an illusion, exile.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:

Please at least say whether or not this is going to be fixed, because there is no way this is actually intended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info