Introducing the Crucible Mystery Box

I fully support funding the game through MTX. These boxes however push it too far, they are either full-on whale-food. Also, they prey on folks with poor impulse control and / or grasp of math, however unlikely this for the average PoE player.

If I want a copy of the Planetary Orb, I'm looking at a chance of 5,26% of getting one.

The marketing implies that your odds get better after buying boxes, but that rarely matters. The second box will improve my odds by about 0,10%, the third by 0,20%.

What they should have done is scrap the variations. I would probably spend a €100 for a full set, just to get the orbs. However, with the variations, you are looking at roughly €300 for a full set.

It sours me a bit that really cool and innovative MTX pieces are kept behind this very expensive gambling mechanism. If it works out for GGG (which it probably does), there is a high incentive to keep pushing the best MTX into this category.

Maybe I'm just bitter that I can't spend that kind of money without flinching, feel free to call me out on that. I just feel like it goes against the generally fair business model that GGG established.
"
mccready wrote:
I fully support funding the game through MTX. These boxes however push it too far, they are either full-on whale-food. Also, they prey on folks with poor impulse control and / or grasp of math, however unlikely this for the average PoE player.

If I want a copy of the Planetary Orb, I'm looking at a chance of 5,26% of getting one.

The marketing implies that your odds get better after buying boxes, but that rarely matters. The second box will improve my odds by about 0,10%, the third by 0,20%.

What they should have done is scrap the variations. I would probably spend a €100 for a full set, just to get the orbs. However, with the variations, you are looking at roughly €300 for a full set.

It sours me a bit that really cool and innovative MTX pieces are kept behind this very expensive gambling mechanism. If it works out for GGG (which it probably does), there is a high incentive to keep pushing the best MTX into this category.

Maybe I'm just bitter that I can't spend that kind of money without flinching, feel free to call me out on that. I just feel like it goes against the generally fair business model that GGG established.

You could always wait until it appears on the normal MTX shop, although I have to agree that MTX boxes, in general, make people spend more money on the game than they would want to.
swords falling from the sky look great
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
francorocco23 wrote:
why exactly can't the aura effects be equiped in all auras? cmon, did we got back in time? they used to be aura specific, then you made it so we could use any aura mtx on any aura, and now we are locked to use them with specific ones again, wtf

+

"
bvanharjr wrote:
One request. Any chance that the finishers can also affect minions' kills?

+

"
TheSaintRebel wrote:
GGG, please make this "visual behaviour that interacts with your gameplay" toggleable. I like the design of the armor sets. But I like it clean, with no forced visual effects that should be a separate "character effect".

+

Listen to the people, please dear GGG!
"Give up everything in pursuit of Greatness - even Life itself".

First Mirror Drop: 09/01/2023 - Defiled Cathedral - Sanctum League.
Fire
Those effects on rare dying are nice idea!
I bought 2 of those and got the Scourgestruck Boots and the Engineer's Bronze Gloves. Do these have any effects at all because it doesn't seem like it at all.

All of the items in recent mystery boxes had some special effect, but these have absolutely nothing special.

I feel I just wasted 10$ to get basic boots and gloves skins.
FYI, the set boots are very disappointing, and would have been disappointing in one of the old 30 point mystery boxes.

I'm very happy with the thunderstruck armour and hat, though.
Last edited by ScreenName on Apr 20, 2023, 2:50:18 PM
When will the transactions from the Crucible Mystery Box be available in the Store?

I thought they were going to be available outside of mystery boxes four weeks after the mystery box ends?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info