[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Nabster wrote:
Thanks for your reply, I found some cheap 5% implicit ones for 30c, a lot cheaper than I expected, it will do for now.
I also rerolled my flask and have armour/evasion on them now.

Also swapped my ring to slightly more hp and a lot more chaos res, with the dex slot free.

Regarding the flask, although the phasing from the wand is mostly sufficient, I think ill try out a quartz and get a better crucible tree.
I'll try saving up for a skin of the lords, but a 1r1g4b seems to be very expensive right now. Offline offers seem decent with 6-10 div, but i've never seen any online under like 40 div.

Yeah in the later stages of the league, market liquidity can be an issue. I would have to come online during prime time (weekends/EU time) to buy certain items.

I know of friends who send PMs to offline players who listed their item recently but I have not done that before.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
I guess its a bit late to start wondering how dps is calcaulated but here goes.

In the build I see
3.21 Standard End-game (with items):
1. 13.2m DoT DPS, 85k EHP: https://pobb.in/W4TB8O8vUWxm
2. 19.2m DoT DPS, 83k EHP: https://pobb.in/jWaa0sxBti51

On the character page in the game my dps is 354.2
Does this mean that my damage is still way off? How do I calculate my actual dps and how do I get to 13.2m DoT , 85k EHP?

https://pobb.in/sKzrmIv8kkro

After setting up the configurations, set full DPS and flasks your DoT DPS is 9.3m and EHP 63.6k: https://pobb.in/u1WoA4TkzAld

For DPS, pick up Elemental Weakness as a second curse >> instant 22% boost in DoT DPS to 11.3m.

Empower level 4 will further raise your DoT DPS to 11.9m.

Your current amulet is not very helpful since you do not need the attributes. Get one that allows the non-damaging ailment craft. Non-damaging ailments will boost your shock, chill and scorch effect. If I put in the 13.2m DoT DPS amulet, another 8.5% DoT DPS boost is acquired, bringing the DoT DPS to 13.0m.

----------

For EHP, the biggest boost will be to get Skin of the Lords with a non-detrimental keystone. That alone will drive it up to 74.7k. SOTL can be expensive due to the low market liquidity. Have to wait for one of the cheaper sellers to come online.

A cheap life gain would be to get a Legacy of Fury with a % life corrupted implicit. You can fix the sockets using benchcraft.

The Fulgent Wound jewel is suboptimal since you do not need the DEX. You can increase your EHP and DPS with a simple 2 line jewel with 7% life and 7% Cdot multiplier. Any other lines will be a bonus.

Following the above, here is the updated POB with 77k EHP and 13.0m Dot DPS: https://pobb.in/gE5BV6I8S_bi

If you acquire more resistances on your other gear, you can switch one of your ring into Death Rush. That will allow you to gain Adrenaline which will boost your mapping DPS to 14.4m. You cannot switch now because you lack elemental resistances on your other gear.

Cheers~
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Thanks LkGGz, I appreciated the advice.

One other question. Will a better wand make a significant difference?

Last edited by OnrahTheMysterious on Jun 29, 2023, 4:18:09 PM
"
Thanks LkGGz, I appreciated the advice.

One other question. Will a better wand make a significant difference?

No problem! Not sure how "significant" is defined. You can try copy and pasting wands on the market into your POB and check the DoT DPS increase.
Thanks to all!! I got my first level 100!!!
"
Thanks to all!! I got my first level 100!!!

Congratulations! Glad to see fellow players breaking new records :)
Hi again

Needs some advice - got some of the items for the build, but even though I feel that I do better, I stille die alot - sometimes I go from full to dead in a blink of an eye.
Got any advice for a bad player? :(

anyway ty for a nice build guide and help :)
Last edited by Zirth87 on Jul 11, 2023, 1:18:48 PM
"
Zirth87 wrote:
Hi again

Needs some advice - got some of the items for the build, but even though I feel that I do better, I stille die alot - sometimes I go from full to dead in a blink of an eye.
Got any advice for a bad player? :(

anyway ty for a nice build guide and help :)

Hello!

Defense
What content are you running that you are dying to? Preventing deaths is mainly a combination of life, evasion and armour.

Your life is on the low side for non-SOTL (lower life on SOTL is okay because of the high evasion and armour). Looking at your gear, the easiest places to get life is shield, ring (the 17 life ring) and belt.

You can acquire a 6% corrupted implicit life roll on the boots. You do not need the correct sockets at inception. They can be benchcrafted.

As for flasks, you should try to get reduced curse effectiveness on your Quartz/Jade.

When you have enough currency you can purchase SOTL which will boost your armour and evasion.

DPS
For DPS, the lowest hanging fruits are acquiring lvl 21 Vortex and Creeping Frost for a ~14% DoT DPS boost. The lvl 21 gems should be quite cheap at this point of the league.

The next lowest hanging fruits for DPS are to consider a +4 skill gem level chest and lvl 5 awakened ele focus (+1 to skill gems at lvl 5).

Skill tree
You have two INT skill points allocated on the way to Eldritch Battery that could be re-allocated to better use. You need to add the Elemental Focus node on the right side of the tree. It is very powerful since it provides increased non-damaging ailment effect on top of 20% ele damage.

Cheers~
Last edited by LkGGz on Jul 12, 2023, 9:38:31 AM
Tried to do some upgrades. Still quite new, sorry - appreciate the help though (alot) =)

Do you think it's more "on track", so to speak?

Still dying alot in certain maps and bosses seems to pack a punch.

Ty for the help.

:)
"
Zirth87 wrote:
Tried to do some upgrades. Still quite new, sorry - appreciate the help though (alot) =)

Do you think it's more "on track", so to speak?

Still dying alot in certain maps and bosses seems to pack a punch.

Ty for the help.

:)

Yup, you are on track.

As for the dying a lot >>> what content are you doing? The more details the better.

Some quick fixes:
1. Purchase lvl 21 Vortex and Creeping Frost, it is an overall 14% DPS boost to those two skills for cheap (not comparable to "increased damage" because all forms of "increased" stack additively).
2. One of your flasks needs to have the increased armour suffix. The suffix looks like this (you do not need the effect on the granite flask, as the effect is global. Any flask will do.):

3. Your right ring has no life, get one with a T1 life roll.
4. 6% life implicit Legacy of Fury as mentioned previously

The biggest boost to defense is purchasing a Skin of the Lords with a non-detrimental keystone. It is a relatively expensive item though.

Btw it isn't necessary to cap chaos resistances.

For skill tree, I would personally drop the Instinct wheel for Tolerance to gain more chaos resistances. With the chaos resistances pressure relieved on gear, it will give me the freedom to stack more life on gear.

Cheers~
Last edited by LkGGz on Jul 27, 2023, 12:51:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info