Ruthless Game Mode in Path of Exile - A Frustrating and Unfair Experience

Dear GGG,

I would like to address my concerns regarding the Ruthless game mode in Path of Exile. As a player, I have found this game mode to be frustrating and poorly designed, which has detracted from my overall enjoyment of the game.

The Ruthless game mode is notorious for its sudden and unexpected power spikes, which can be difficult to counteract without prior knowledge or preparation. It feels like an artificial difficulty mechanic that adds little to the game's strategic depth, and instead creates arbitrary and unfair battles that can be demotivating to players.

Furthermore, there have been instances where GGG has gone back on promises regarding the use of Ruthless in the game. While players were initially told that Ruthless would not become mandatory, it appears that GGG is now trying to force this game mode onto players in certain builds and areas of the game. This is concerning, as it feels like players have little agency over their own playstyle, and that they must engage with the Ruthless game mode to stay competitive in the game.

I urge GGG to reconsider the use of the Ruthless game mode in Path of Exile. Players should feel empowered to play the game in their own way, without feeling forced into particular game modes or playstyles. I hope that GGG listens to player feedback and works to create a more enjoyable and fair experience for all players.

Sincerely,

Concerned Gamer
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2023, 2:26:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not a fan of the Boss race being on Ruthless Mode, especially since I don't play this mode and won't find it very entertaining to watch due to its slow nature.
Would much rather it be on the version of the game most of us play, not the "side project".

Hopefully other people will enjoy watching it though & next time they'll bring the main stage race back to the actual version of the game majority play and prefer.
It's fine having ruthless for those that like it.

After all, it was a side project done in their spare time so it took virtually no investment, right? Gotta admit it's pretty baffling seeing them try to get more mileage out of it by forcing it into events, if there's no investment to justify, there's no point in trying to squeeze out more juice.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 31, 2023, 7:53:58 AM
"
mrcjevans wrote:
Dear GGG,

I would like to address my concerns regarding the Ruthless game mode in Path of Exile. As a player, I have found this game mode to be frustrating and poorly designed, which has detracted from my overall enjoyment of the game.

The Ruthless game mode is notorious for its sudden and unexpected power spikes, which can be difficult to counteract without prior knowledge or preparation. It feels like an artificial difficulty mechanic that adds little to the game's strategic depth, and instead creates arbitrary and unfair battles that can be demotivating to players.

Furthermore, there have been instances where GGG has gone back on promises regarding the use of Ruthless in the game. While players were initially told that Ruthless would not become mandatory, it appears that GGG is now trying to force this game mode onto players in certain builds and areas of the game. This is concerning, as it feels like players have little agency over their own playstyle, and that they must engage with the Ruthless game mode to stay competitive in the game.

I urge GGG to reconsider the use of the Ruthless game mode in Path of Exile. Players should feel empowered to play the game in their own way, without feeling forced into particular game modes or playstyles. I hope that GGG listens to player feedback and works to create a more enjoyable and fair experience for all players.

Sincerely,

Concerned Gamer

I am mainly sc player, but I liked playing ruthless with gold. It is a good training ground, basic game later feels much easier. I've reached level80 and yellow maps with a melee char (tectonic slam champion), it was a good learning experience.

But I don't agree league launch even being shifted into ruthless. But I guess basic game is just way to easy for racers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info