Good Controller Support in POE2

Does anyone know if we will finally get good controller support for PC in POE 2? I mean every ARPG has that, even the bad ones. And in POE the support is so bad, I need to change the UI, cant use my mouse button more. Why is my health bar suddenly in the top left and everything looks different. I can't even sort my bank with the mouse. Last Epoch, for example, does this much better, just plug in play, even Undecember makes it way better.
After 2-3 weeks of Last Epoch with the controller, I suddenly no longer have wrist pain.
But POE is simply unplayable with controller on PC.
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2023, 5:10:58 AM
Given that PoE2 is just PoE with new graphic and some major mechanic changes. I can give you a good guess: No.

Technically PoE2 can adopt controller like they did on Xbox/PS4, but it will be tricky for some skills since targeting with mouse are very different from controller. That said, controller simply can't handle the amount of loots, inventories, micromanagement and trading in PoE.
"
Networm13 wrote:

That said, controller simply can't handle the amount of loots, inventories, micromanagement and trading in PoE.

The point is that i dont want to do such things with a Controller, like in other ARPG´s you can do such things with Keyboard and Mouse, POE is the only ARG who disable Keyboard and Mouse if you are Playing with Controller. (and change the whole UI)
I think this is a worthy discussion to have. I dont play with controllers but my friend does and i think if i ever get pain in my hands that a controller hybrid option as you are suggesting would be cool.
I played D4 exclusively on controller and the controller support is seamless. You can go back and forth from KB&M to controller without having to relog. Really hope POE can adopt this
+1 Diablo 4 and Undecember felt so good on controller, while in PoE controller is such a pain in the ***. I'd really like to be able to map with controller and trade/craft in hideout with keyboard+mouse at the same time.
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info