I want to give POE a 2nd chance, but has the nerf been fixed? If not, off to D4 in a few months

I left during the great potion and jewel nerf that left all my standard characters useless. Didn't like the new game play that took me 3 days to complete level 1. D4's coming out and my friends and I a excited. is there a good reason for me to come back to POE or should I just give up on GGG?
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2023, 10:04:01 AM
act 1 3days? Yeah you should probably tuck tail to d4 friend.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
I'm not sure what you mean by level 1 in 3 days. Maybe clarify that?

But this game changes over time and isn't very permanent league friendly in terms of builds staying the same. If that is your expectation, you're better off going to another game. D4 isn't released yet so it's hard to say what that is and is not, but if it follows the D3 trajectory then it seems like a good choice for you.

Best of luck.
Second-class poe gamer
"
phaseworm777 wrote:
I left during the great potion and jewel nerf that left all my standard characters useless. Didn't like the new game play that took me 3 days to complete level 1. D4's coming out and my friends and I a excited. is there a good reason for me to come back to POE or should I just give up on GGG?

There are plenty of reasons to come back and play. High end Div card farming is very popular and profitable. You can easily get your Mageblood and Headhunter belt within the first week or two of league now playing solo. 5 ways with 5 different emblems is very profitable and you can level yourself and a friend to 100 easily and make many divines along the way. All you need is one dps and a reseter(preferably an aura bot). Many of the new builds have 85-90 Max res anyways without the aurabot so it doesn't really matter to much about them being Aura Bot or not. Harbingers and Cassia need buffed in maps. Blighted maps are considered profitable. Delve always has been and Will continue to be.

One nice thing about GGG compared to Blizzard it doesn't have to give our money to shareholders. Thats a huge incentive to consider not playing D4. D4 has two customers. The players (not important) and the shareholders who always want more of the customers money.... I won't dive deep into that but I am sure you can figure it out. Look at what they did with the Diablo Immortal title. Many are wary from that and I for one won't be buying another Blizz product ever!

60 bucks can get you some premium tabs in PoE and some cool pets/skins. Try rolling a new Character right now on Sanctum league. They are announcing the new league name tomorrow so I'm sure that will help you decide if you want to play or not!!

I for one hope you return. The prices of items will go way up when a lot of players leave to try out D4. I'm sure within 1-3 months they will go back to normal, as the players return but its fun to be a seller when prices spike :)
2 Mirror Drops and 75 Apothecary Drops in 3.21
4 Mirrors in 3.22
It's been so long since I've played, I've forgotten basic things like levels and acts.

yes, after 3 days of grinding through Act 1, I threw my hands up in the air and give up at the star to Expedition and the infamous 3.15 nerf. It was hearing from Chris who stated the current zoom zoom play style wasn't "his vision" that really turned me off. I don't want the game to slow down so I can appreciate his amazing story telling and monster designs.

But...if the slow grind has been fixed, maybe I'll give it a try. Still a toss up between POE and D4.

"One nice thing about GGG compared to Blizzard it doesn't have to give our money to shareholders. "

Even more important is, does the developer listen to the gamer? Looks like Blizzard learned their lesson and will be crafting a game based on what the players wants. 3.15, Chris took a huge shat on his base by telling everyone you will play what "I have envisioned"
"
phaseworm777 wrote:
It's been so long since I've played, I've forgotten basic things like levels and acts.

yes, after 3 days of grinding through Act 1, I threw my hands up in the air and give up at the star to Expedition and the infamous 3.15 nerf. It was hearing from Chris who stated the current zoom zoom play style wasn't "his vision" that really turned me off. I don't want the game to slow down so I can appreciate his amazing story telling and monster designs.

But...if the slow grind has been fixed, maybe I'll give it a try. Still a toss up between POE and D4.

"One nice thing about GGG compared to Blizzard it doesn't have to give our money to shareholders. "

Even more important is, does the developer listen to the gamer? Looks like Blizzard learned their lesson and will be crafting a game based on what the players wants. 3.15, Chris took a huge shat on his base by telling everyone you will play what "I have envisioned"

yeah you better wait for D4. You still have to fight all the acts to get to "engame" content but again, this really isn't a big issue and should only take you "hours" to complete if you know what you are doing.
yeah man d4 would be a better fit for you if it takes 3 days for one level

best of luck and enjoy posting on reddit friend
"
phaseworm777 wrote:

He nerfed your zoomin' alright lmao
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 16, 2023, 9:10:37 PM
is there still power creep?
yes

are we still doing millions of damage?
yes

do they still invalidate dozens of builds every league with nerfs?
also yes
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info