[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

"
99prosorc wrote:
Yep, it's supposed to work, because Unnerve, Exposure, Curse, Snowforged (enemies chilled by you have -5% resists), work too. I've tested Exposure + Snowforged again a few days ago by checking the small "vulnerable to ... element" icons on the monsters.

Nice, thanks!
"
droljo66 wrote:
Hi

I like the look of this build. My plan is to start essences and then transition into legion farming. How does this build deal with those 2 mechanics

It depends on your gear.
Before you skill any league content in the tree, you should try it out first. You will encounter it randomly before you even have points to skill it. Or you can also use a scarab / map device to test it.
Damage is good, but the build just has too many defensive holes imo.
While running around without determination/grace and no freeze ailment immunity (using a flask is not a great way to deal with being frozen) is already sketchy enough, considering new map mods like: "enemies deal phys. as chaos damage" and a lot of enemies nowadays having buttloads of chaos dmg, running around with negative chaos res just seems like a death sentence. Even with Icicle mine/EoW freezing enemies around you, all it takes is 1-2 attacks to connect and you'd just keel over on the ground.
I like the use of Bitterdream to supplement the damage early on, big plus on that.
Overall, the build seems to be ok with finishing the Atlas (as long as you don't mind dying often) but I wouldn't try to use it for much else.
"
Otterftw wrote:
Damage is good, but the build just has too many defensive holes imo.
While running around without determination/grace and no freeze ailment immunity (using a flask is not a great way to deal with being frozen) is already sketchy enough, considering new map mods like: "enemies deal phys. as chaos damage" and a lot of enemies nowadays having buttloads of chaos dmg, running around with negative chaos res just seems like a death sentence. Even with Icicle mine/EoW freezing enemies around you, all it takes is 1-2 attacks to connect and you'd just keel over on the ground.
I like the use of Bitterdream to supplement the damage early on, big plus on that.
Overall, the build seems to be ok with finishing the Atlas (as long as you don't mind dying often) but I wouldn't try to use it for much else.

That's pretty much what I already wrote at the top in the intro :).

As I pointed out, this version is designed to let you complete the entire Atlas and farm maps right at league start without having to invest much into it. I played it at over 10 league starts.
This is NOT a tanky version or a bossing version, as that's not what the purpose of this build/version is.

You can make a tanky version if you build it tanky / invest into it.
- get chaos res
- get evasion (high eva armour, jade, grace, evasion mastery, ...)
- get armour (hybrid bases, granite, determination, ...)
- you can get ailment immunity with pretty much every build if you want (for example: new jewel + eldritch implicit on boots + ring synth implicit = 100%+)
- my flasks don't have any downtime during mapping

There are bossing versions of this build as DE and Assassin around too.

I also played this build as Sabo in Gauntlet till level 80. (HCSSF + hard mods)

I'll be farming T15 Tropical Island maps with this build Saturday afternoon :)

Some friends of mine usually play this build too, to complete Atlas and farm ~200 div, then craft bow gear and respec. I may do this after 2-3 weeks too, if Ice Shot turns out to be really good and fun :).
Last edited by 99prosorc on Apr 5, 2023, 5:57:54 PM
With eye of winter now being able to poison, would it be possible to do a scale poison and invest a little more in defenses for this build?
"
Cabritaura wrote:
With eye of winter now being able to poison, would it be possible to do a scale poison and invest a little more in defenses for this build?

Probably, but I guess that's something to test a little bit later into the league.
For def: get chaos res + either high armour or high evasion or hybrid
Hi mate,

I have two questions,

1. Is this build beginner friendly? It is my second league, but i didn't pla a lot in the previous.
2. Is it necessary to know how to craft to reach tier 16? I have no idea about crafting xD.

Thanks!
Last edited by MrMarckill on Apr 6, 2023, 5:11:17 AM
"
MrMarckill wrote:
Hi mate,

I have two questions,

1. Is this build beginner friendly? It is my second league, but i didn't pla a lot in the previous.
2. Is it necessary to know how to craft to reach tier 16? I have no idea about crafting xD.

Thanks!

In terms of damage, it gets you to T16 with just Bitterdream.
It's usually 5-10c at league start.
You don't have to craft anything.
It's not very beginner friendly in terms of defences.
Was the POB updated? Looking forward to trying this for league start.
I've seen your video Face Tank mino and it's amazing.
Would it be possible for you to share the configuration of the atlas tree?

Surely you know this website (https://poeplanner.com/atlas-tree), it would be amazing to have it, but also thanks for sharing the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info