Needing help with something

I don't even know where to actually post this cause this forum site is a touch confusing but...

I'm needing help with improving my build (my level 74 Saboteur) I can't seem to do much of anything of great significance with it, yeah I can clear swarms of enemies really fast but there are instances where I end up getting killed for some reason or another (typically with really tanky enemies or with some of the other things in the end game.)

Could really use some proper help with this cause grand scale I have no idea what to go about doing for making a good build.
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2023, 11:42:15 PM
Unfortunately, making your own build in POE is almost always a bad idea.

if your not already, follow a build guide. thats the best advice i can give you.
Hi there! Your Character-Tab is hidden.
If you really look for help you should unhide this tab (Privacy settings, link).
Then people can take a look at your character and offer some tips for improvement...
Just do it! And keep it simple -
Things will become complicated by itself.
If you die to T1 Lava Lake boss, or his adds in the boss room, that's not unusual for a first character of the league, at least from the perspective of someone trying to get into maps for the first time without following a build guide. He is relatively harder than many bosses from higher tier maps.

In addition to your character defenses, you also need mechanical skill and experience in the game. Not everything in the game should be tanked. I still wouldn't tank certain ground effects regardless if my build is tanky or not.
Last edited by jeerinho on Mar 14, 2023, 2:49:55 PM
Whoops thank you. Fixed that now so yeah feel free to take a look and help me out.

to note I was following a sort of build guide but I think that it is rather out of date considering how the passive grid has changed.
Well you got about 2k life and your fire/cold res arent even close to cap.
Thats why you die a lot, if anything manages to sneeze in your general direction.

Drop all the jewel sockets on your tree, they dont do anything for your build because the jewels you got are terrible.
Thats 7 skillpoints right there. Invest 3 of those into the Survivalist wheel to get some res from the tree, then replace the multiple fire/lightning res crafts on your gear with fire and cold, because lightning res is the only res thats actually capped.
This should hopefully be enough to cap all the elemental res.

Invest the remaining points into Herbalist and Revenge of the Hunted lifewheels to stack some more life. This should boost your lifepool to some 2.5k, which still isnt much tbh but its better than 2k for sure.

After that, try replace all gearpieces with zero life rolls.
Try to get about 60+ life on average on ALL gearpieces across the board, if you can. The %life nodes on your tree do need flat life rolls on gear to be effective.

For white maps you want some 3-4k life, yellow maps about 5k, 6k for red maps.
As a very rough ballpark. It takes more than just a big lifepool to survive
but thats something you can work on fairly easily.
ok uhm... Survivalist wheel, herbalist, and revenge of the hunted... where are these supposed to be at on the grid?
There is a searchbar at the top of the skilltree ;)

You´ll figure it out
I've searched "survivalist" and nothing glowed. did the same for Herbalist and Revenge of the hunted... yet again nothing glowed. not saying what you are ACTUALLY talking about doesn't help matters much. I don't know all the short hand, nickname, and other nuanced names people have given things in this game (or any other game for that matter cause I think that it's rather stupid to talk in that short hand/nickname manner especially when it comes to helping out new players... I may not be new to the game at all but I still don't know any of those short hand/nickname phrases for things at all.)
Type "life" and also "resistance" into the searchbar and check wheels close to your current tree.

Most of them are right hand of your tree and one pretty much in the center.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info