Recommend a good gaming PC

"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
wait for poe 2, your current pc will probably be able to handle it because it wont have the spaghetti code that current poe has

Also, unicorns and rainbows. :P

You should be able to put together a PC for less than US$1500 that will tolerate 5-ways.

I went over this, because I built ours during the peak pandemic graphics card squeeze market, because that's when my previous PC died suddenly.

You want a comfy 32-64 GB DDR5 or equivalent, a decent CPU in the Core i7-i9 range or Ryzen 3xxx - 5xxx range, a full ATX mobo, a half to full tb SSD, a good case with decent fans that you can calibrate yourself, and whatever GPU you can run with your power supply of choice.

When you pick up a PSU, look for its heat efficiency at average output and think about where most of your PoE time will be spent wattage wise. A juiced map will put your set point around 500W and you want a PSU whose heat and efficiency curve is optimized for that range, so aim for a higher total capacity (maybe 800-1000W) to comfortably and cost-efficiently handle Juiced Map load conditions. A smaller PSU might get the job done, but it will be running on the downside of its performance maxima for your main uses, and cost you more money and waste heat in the long run.

CPU coolers: It's up to you, a water cooled tower is more and more the correct choice but whatever you do, the CPU cooler that comes shipped with your CPU is probably inadequate and you should look into BeQuiet! or Noctua side-streaming cooling that ventilates parallel to case fans that you can orient yourself.

Everything you can build yourself, you can maintain easier and more intuitively, and cheaper. So in future if you need to flog your components, you'll have a better gut feel for where your temps should be, where your cores are busiest, what you can overclock and what you should leave or replace.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
If you're a PC novice, then pre-built might be the way to go. You can find many great deals with financing options available if upfront cost is an issue.

But if you're inclined, PCPartPicker.com is a great starting point to build your own.
Streaming Path of Exile on Twitch: Twitch.tv/ActionRPGs

“There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” ―Oscar Wilde
"
Junaid_raza wrote:
I'm tired of my current PC hanging and getting stuck during gaming sessions, and I'm thinking of upgrading for a better experience. What PC specs should I look for to avoid these issues, and can anyone recommend a good gaming PC for playing Path of Exile without any performance issues?

When choosing a computer for gaming look for modern, high-performance GPUs from manufacturers like NVIDIA or AMD.
Look for processors with multiple cores and high clock speeds from manufacturers like Intel or AMD.
RAM: at least 16 GB.
Monitor with a high refresh rate (at least 144Hz), low response time, and a resolution that matches your GPU's capabilities.
Cooling: Proper cooling, including fans and heat sinks, is crucial to prevent overheating and maintain optimal performance.
If your current PC does not have an SSD, that single item alone will be a huge boost to how well PoE plays.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info