[3.20] New auto-bomber with Cold Vengeance

Auto-bomber builds typically mean that you just walk and monsters around you explode without you clicking anything. Very often it is done with Herald of Thunder and some kind of explosions (Inpulsa's Broken Heart, etc).
I haven't really heard people talking about Vengeance and Herald of Thunder. So i made this auto-bomber, walking simulator, cold Vengeance with Atziri's Disfavour. Freezing everything around making it very safe to farm. And most importantly... colorful boom boom.
Full build guide video: https://youtu.be/_UewK8qBcMw
PoB import code: https://pobb.in/3rbj_LtYMOCf

How it works?

When you have Storm Secret ring and you shock enemies, it will trigger Herald of Thunder to strike enemies. Each time it hits enemies, it also hits player and does some damage. This hit to a player triggers Vengeance. Vengeance hits surrounding enemies and with a bit of lightning damage, it can shock other enemies because of Rashkaldor's Patience.

So it automatically refreshes Herald of Thunder and Storm Secret.

This hit to a player also allows for easy Frenzy charge generation from body armour mod:

And Endurance charge generation because of Inexorable node from the passive tree.

Getting damage

Using Atziri's Disfavour gives a lot of radius to Vengeance but you can also use alt quality gems like Divergent Pulverize and Anomalous Cast on Critical Strike for massive damage increase, since we don't care about attack speed of Vengeance.

Heatshiver is another great item that gives a lot of damage as long as you can freeze enemies. Remember the amulet. Need to convert as much of physical damage to cold as possible.

Can either use gloves and cold mastery or add watcher's eye for hatred for some extra conversion.
Flat lightning damage from Herald of Thunder should be enough to refresh shocks while mapping, but having another skill that does more lightning damage will be needed to initiate shock on tougher targets. For that i am using Leap slam, because i don't have any more sockets, but you just need to shock once. Leap slam is actually 6-linked in body armour. Physical to lightning support helps get more lightning damage for shocks.
2 Forbidden jewels to pick a notable from Gladiator called Painforged. That will give 100% chance to deal double damage with Vengeance.

Vortex linked to Bonechill and if you have enough sockets + Unbound Ailments support.
The Balance of Terror unique jewel for temporal chain and elemental weakness for more cooldown recovery rate and extra damage.

Longer Freeze
Since Vengeance has pretty long cooldown and an enemy need to be frozen for maximum damage, you can extend freeze duration by using cold mastery for 60% increased freeze duration and casting Temporal Chains.
And also just by hitting harder.

For more details check PoB, video guide or ask questions.

Herald of Ice MTX is Automaton.
Woolfio @YouTube
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2023, 6:19:34 AM
Any idea of how much this build will cost?
The axe is around 5~7 divine this days
The rest i have no idea...
I have a duelist at low level, probable will give this a shot

EDIT: any tips for leveling?
respec in a lvl 49 [volcanic fissure]
Last edited by upoo on Feb 7, 2023, 1:20:24 PM
"
upoo wrote:
Any idea of how much this build will cost?
The axe is around 5~7 divine this days
The rest i have no idea...
I have a duelist at low level, probable will give this a shot

Hard to tell, most rare items you can craft yourself.
Divergent Pulverise is ~4d.
Forbidden jewels for Painforged are ~100c combined.
Rashkaldor's Patience with additional curse corrupt you can make it yourself and then oils for anointment over 100c.
If you can get Disfavour for 10divines, then the rest is maybe 7-8 divines, including divergent pulverise.
Woolfio @YouTube
cool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info