[Tentative 3.21]Dconnic's Occultist/Necro Poison Skeleton Mages

Hello fellow Exiles, This is my Poison skeleton mages build for people who like having a minion army or miss classic high dps minion builds in the current league. I recommend going Occultist for a cheaper damage spike than necro while also maintaining layers of defense with Aegis ES on block(capped attack block chance), Vile Bastion ES regen on kills and 4k hp, 2k ES. Necro version on the other hand would Have more survivability and would need Forbidden Flesh/Flame of Profane Bloom.

Important items/Mechanics for Build
Spoiler

The reason we go for Phantasmal Vaal Summon Skeletons is because we use support gems like pierce and volley which archers benefit and not warriors

I also go Spell Echo because our mages can actually echo their spells and get increased cast speed

I use Volley for the reduced "Less damage" multiplier than Greater Volley and Awakened Greater Multiple Projectile but either of the latter 2 would work if you want more spread, I will however recommend Volley/Predator for Boss fights

Gem Links & Current Items
Spoiler

Stats to look out for in rare Items
Spoiler

-Minions deal more/increased damage
-+# level to all Minion Skill gems
-Max Life
-Energy Shield
-Armour
-Resistances

Leveling
Spoiler
I recommend leveling with Summon Raging Spirits and a 3 link skitterbot-infernal legion. However if you would like to use summon skeleton during the leveling process you could do so with the "Low-Budget" section of the POB and potentially use chance to poison support if you do not have a united in dreams cutlass but have a covenant

Video Build Guide/Build Showcase
Spoiler
Juiced t16 Dunes Legion Clear - https://youtu.be/wTiqf_yLKQA~30div invested
Comprehensive Video Guide - https://youtu.be/OyNBcoBDmuc

POB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/iPpK59MC - 3.20 POB
https://pobb.in/WLIGoc82TIUU - Tentative 3.21 POB(Mid-Budget Tabs)

Changelog
Spoiler

v1.3 Added Tentative 3.21 POB to the POB section
V1.2 Added Video Guide and Updated POB
V1.1 Added Build Showcase Link
V1.0 Changed Unbound Ailments Support to Swift Affliction Support(reason can be found in POB Notes) and spec'ed into Vampyrism

Looking forward to hearing how this build performs for others.

P.s As we don't know how strong the league mechanic would be there are lots of possible changes I have in mind for the build, like switching to a rare minion wand if the passive trees are strong enough etc. so the build will be updated as I complete tests in the new league which you can always watch and ask questions about at twitch.tv/dconnic

Last edited by warlordch on Apr 4, 2023, 7:07:49 PM
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2023, 7:08:48 PM
Bump
Bump(Comprehensive video guide ready)
I like the build. There are currently only 5 phantasmal vaal skel gems in trade and personally I like to play ssf. Will it work with regular vaal skels? What can poor people use if they don't have The Covenant or Aegis Aurora (which are not farmable)? I like that you're not using a crazy crafted helm or too many unattainable awakened gems, but this build will still be difficult for plebs like me to put together.
For the shield, if you don't have access to Aegis I'd recommend a fossilized spirit shield with level to minion gems and as much minions deal increased damage as you can get, any stats other than those mentioned are bonuses. You can definitely make it work without phantasmal, we just use phantasmal to increase dps by increasing number of skeletons making use of support gems like volley and pierce. Without the covenant the dps would decrease but running added chaos damage in place of Void Manipulation/vicious projectile would probably be the go to in those cases. All the non awakened gems can of course be bought at the gems vendor and would still be a comfortable play style so even ssf should be able to run it (I presume the vendor is in ssf but never played it so not sure).
Last edited by warlordch on Feb 25, 2023, 3:13:14 AM
Am i missing something here, if you are gonna make a minion and poison build, isn't SRS a better option to pick over Skeles?
Hello,

I followed your build (and it's very nice !), so I check your profile, and I want to know why did you use "Vicious Projectiles Support" for your Vaal Skeletons ? It shows me that it is incompatible with it. Is it normal ?

Thanks and sorry for my english :)
"
Am i missing something here, if you are gonna make a minion and poison build, isn't SRS a better option to pick over Skeles?

SRS is better in theory but this build feels better in maps (skeletons being meat shields with Blessed Rebirth and applying wither with Skeletal Atrophy), and is more in tune with my ideal summoner playstyle than srs is, less spammy etc.

"
TheShaady7 wrote:
Hello,

I followed your build (and it's very nice !), so I check your profile, and I want to know why did you use "Vicious Projectiles Support" for your Vaal Skeletons ? It shows me that it is incompatible with it. Is it normal ?

Thanks and sorry for my english :)

I went vicious projectile support because in maps, enemies don't live long enough for the extended duration for "unbound ailment support" to be better, so the bigger "MORE" damage number on vicious projectile is better. As for it showing incompatible I believe it's because regular summon skeletons are seen as melee which cant use "projectiles" but as we use skeleton mages it is used as shown by vaal summon skeleton being compatible
Last edited by warlordch on Mar 14, 2023, 1:33:12 AM
Thanks for your answer, have a good day :)
Hi, i used this build and it's sucks skeletons dies directly and survivalibility is also poor for character i just wasted my time to play with this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info