Ready To QUIT

"
Tyandanaga wrote:
Thanks for the replies..

So I admit there aspects of it I still dont get but I have been playing for some time now and its obvious I dont have all the foundations?
I have almost everything you listed.
Granted IDK how to raise the cap.

I have re tweaked my tree several times and the addition of Impale was based on a build

s for gear well I can only make due with what I have. I thought the Thrillsteel helmet was a pretty handy addition for onslaught..

The Alure claws are the best I have. See the thing is I can't afford to buy anything. Nothing.

I have been playing POE for years and I have THREE divines. 3

They NEVER drop. so im def missing something there.

I AM trying to follow builds but they all require Jewels and gear that I cant get.

I have started an RF character that seems to have some survivability

You should just switch to league and off Standard. Would be an easier time acquiring gear or even getting stuff for free. I'm looking at your builds. Sure, you understand how to play the game. But when they say lack the basic understanding of the game. It's apparent there are is a lot of stuff you are still missing.

Your RF Build, I'm assuming it's _MASSIVE_. The basics that need addressed...

Frostblink should be level 1. Higher level = more mana use. Mana is useless in an RF build. So you utilize all your mana reserved for auras. Keeping Frostblink at level 1 will also allow you to do Elemental Reflect Maps. At level one it's not enough damage to hurt you.

Survivability comes from your HP. Life. Unlink Tempest Shield from Arrogance.
Only Vitality should be linked to Arrogance.
You have 40% unreserved mana, that does nothing for you. Having Tempest Shield reserve mana will spike survivability and takes your life from 1400 to 3300.

RF should never have a mana flask. It's all life regeneration. The only thing that uses mana on your build currently is Frostblink/Flammability. Swapping to a level 1 will use half. Even now, there's no need to keep 40% unreserved. Swap that Tempest Shield over.

It also looks like you skip steps in builds. If builds have a start, mid, high end... it looks like you skip to the end game build without the progression or necessary gearing.

I am pretty sure RF relies on Purity of Elements for ailment immunity. Which will also free up resistance spot on gear for life regeneration.

You focused too much on Chaos Resistance and sacrificed on everything else you needed in the build.

You're also missing your 4th lab at 86. Damage from Endurance Charge generation, damage and area of effect are huge for you.

Legacy of Fury makes that build.

Arcane Surge linked in your helmet does nothing. There is no benefit. Swap Tempest Shield with this Arcane.

Stone Golem should have been bumped in your 50-60's.

You don't have enough life regeneration. Immortal Flesh will double your life regen even after dropping Stone Golem.

Also damage to attacks don't do much for the build. Traps and RF scale from fire damage. Not flat # damage. Not an attack. Minimal from spell. Your focus should be on DoT Multiplier, Fire Damage %, Fire Damage over Time Multiplier, Burning Damage. Also no benefit from cast speed.

No source of inflicting fire exposure.

Fire Master. 1% per 20 str only comes to 16%. 10% multiplier all the time, since you're killing all the time or 20% ash is greater.

There's also a wasted mastery. Vitality is on Arrogance which uses life. You have a Vitality Mana Reservation mastery node selected. Does nothing.

Then nothing for corrupted blood/bleeding. For where you're at in the game, coverage for this is more beneficial than Chaos Resistance. There are many builds that can rip through a lot of content without ever focusing on Chaos Resistance. Again, you focus on it too soon. Without a viable build that can survive or kill.
Last edited by chrischoi on Feb 18, 2023, 6:04:05 PM
Wow thanks that's a lot of input. Unfortunately you are looking at a character I don't play. My other RF is much more successful.

Any way its the melee claw characters I am frustrated with. My main character is a dual claw and he can clear a screen in seconds but cant kill bosses'.

I have tweaked and twisted him so many times Im waiting for a reset so I can start fresh.

Can't seem to break 90 with anything.

The best way to be tanky in POE has been solved for a few leagues now, and GGG is apparently balancing around it, so you're going to need:

1) Determination
2) Grace
3) max spell suppression

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info