Appreciate help with durationscaling manastacking arcane cloak / armageddon brand / cwc spark damage

Hi!
I tend to experiment with weird builds and this is one that actually (to my standard) feels like it has potential.
The idea at base was to scale mana and get damage through arcane cloak and tank via MoM, then use many ways of attack uptime to really take advantage of all the flat damage of arcane cloak. Scaling duration nodes for damage as well, so I looked into spark and stormburst especially due to having a very real damage scaling via duration. Other contenders were bladestorm, brands, winter orb, ragestorm.

The backup idea was trying manastacking guardian with ephemeral edge and mind of the council, reserving all stacked mana into ES and then doubledipping from the mana -> ES offensively. I still might try that out though. I suspect mind of the council is on attack activate and not on hit, so static strike wouldnt suffer at all from the cast cost, nor charged dash, I think.

The build has got enormous recovery potential, has ok EHP, and I like playing with arcane cloak rather than auras.
Now I'm at a point where the build feels sufficiently tanky but I've trouble getting decent damage out of it.

At first I wanted to use veterans awareness, I still might for harder content since it would give higher uptime of arcane cloak, and damage outside of arcane cloak is so low anyways.

Defensive layers:
Arcane cloak cd: 2.30 seconds. 3282 shield, 487 flat dmg. 11.15 sec duration
3.5k life, 4.8 mana, 1.3k ES. 5.3 k mana with the non fireburst claw.
Overleech of life / ES immortal ambition. Energy shield leech on static strike. Fortify on static strike. Infused channeling (lightning)
38 life / 14 mana per hit + mana / lifeleech. Constant uptime through static strike and charged dash.
62% attack block, 30% spellblock glancing blow. 5% mana recovery on block.
6.2k evasion, 10.5k armor with flasks up.
Resist capped hard atm on elemental, lowest is 108%, chaos is -51%. With proper gearing it could easily run all resists at 75.
If and when I do that then eternal damnation is tempting.
If I go veterans aweraness some higher resists will be nice.

For offence I put hextouch vengeance / conductivity. Forbidden jewels Instruments of virtue for battlemage and 30% more attack damage. It's easy enough to activate by spamming out few armageddon brands that I want out anyways.

One think I suspect might help dps is to simply 6link armageddon brand and run the charged dash setup as the 4link. And also to replace charged dash with stormburst.

Another kind of obvious way I suspect is going a 2 handed weapon, probably a staff at that point for block, may even do a fireburst 6link with armageddon brand. However I really would like to keep a gemini claw as the recovery is amazing for tank.

The build has been very cheap to gear. I think the shield was 70 c, chest 80c, boots / belt 30c each or so. The rings, amulet and helm I bought fractured bases for like 10c and did a cheap essence craft, say they total 50c together. The claw fractured base seems to go 20c to divines for good flat lightning. Could however find one fractured with flat mana or what not and craft flat lightning on it. The forbidden jewels were 1 divine and 70c respectively.

I dont use PoB, I use PoE planner and just brainstorm synergies or ideas without ever actually checking the numbers.

https://poe.ninja/pob/OEi

Last bumped on Dec 30, 2022, 6:38:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info