[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
corosou wrote:
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, because Whispers of Doom isn't allocated by your, or my, amulet. Neither is it in the guide.

We can only apply one curse at a time, so why do we run Leap with Punishment and Hextouch to apply it, and then Sniper's Mark with Mark on Hit.

It seems that Sniper's Mark would override the Punishment every single cast of Splitting Steel.

Is it just an oversight? I know that PoB says that it adds damage, but everywhere I checked confirmed that a mark and a hex are both curses and only one can be applied by default.

I think you missed the +1 Curse corrupted amulet:

GL

what about when you have vuln on hit on gloves, arent you still running punishment

poachers mark, punishment, vuln on hit
Last edited by Myst3ryMan99 on Apr 7, 2024, 9:54:28 PM
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, because Whispers of Doom isn't allocated by your, or my, amulet. Neither is it in the guide.

We can only apply one curse at a time, so why do we run Leap with Punishment and Hextouch to apply it, and then Sniper's Mark with Mark on Hit.

It seems that Sniper's Mark would override the Punishment every single cast of Splitting Steel.

Is it just an oversight? I know that PoB says that it adds damage, but everywhere I checked confirmed that a mark and a hex are both curses and only one can be applied by default.

Probably answered by now but in case it hasn't check his amulet.
"
Myst3ryMan99 wrote:
what about when you have vuln on hit on gloves, arent you still running punishment

This is all explained in the League Start PoB notes.

Copy paste from there:

-::- Regarding Curses/Marks -::-

This build juggles three curses in the following manner:

1) Warlord's Mark: Self-cast this on any mob and then Leap Slam it to gain 20+ Rage; doing this allowed me to level with a very high uptime of 50 Rage. You can do this on bosses too, and as long as Leap Slam is the first attack to hit the boss, you will gain the 20+ Rage, as Leap Slam guarantees a Stun on mobs on Full Life. Just make sure your Ancestral Totem is not close by, else it will hit the boss before you can Leap Slam it, making it no longer be at Full Life.

A good usage example would be during Brine King's encounter, where a bunch of small crabs rush from the water; they are perfect to cast Warlord's Mark on and then Leap Slam to gain Rage for the Boss fight portions.

2) Punishment: When you Leap Slam mobs, they will be cursed with Punishment, making packs pop much faster, since we also pick up the 10% More Dmg on Low-Life mobs mastery. This will overwrite any Marks that are active, but before it overwrites Warlord's Mark, you will gain the 20+ Rage (if you happen to Stun the mob afflicted by it).

3) Poacher's/Sniper's Mark: Use either on tanky mobs and bosses for additional single-target DPS.

Once you get Corrupted gloves with Vulnerability on Hit and a Carnage Heart with +1 Curse, this setup really shines:

* Mobs you Leap Slam will be cursed with Vulnerability + Punishment.
* One Rare/Boss will be cursed with Vulnerability + Sniper's Mark on Hit, and if there are additional bosses or mobs in the area, they can be cursed with Vulnerability + Punishment, if you Leap Slam them.
* Continue to self-cast Warlord's Mark and Leap Slam to gain Rage as necessary.

A further note to this, once you have Emancipation Belt, you can move Warlord's Mark to off-hand weapon, so you can use it in Temporal Chains maps to gain Rage and become Immune to it (and every other Curse), as long as mobs aren't Stun immune.

GL

"
corosou wrote:
"
Myst3ryMan99 wrote:

This is all explained in the League Start PoB notes.

Copy paste from there:

-::- Regarding Curses/Marks -::-

This build juggles three curses in the following manner:

1) Warlord's Mark: Self-cast this on any mob and then Leap Slam it to gain 20+ Rage; doing this allowed me to level with a very high uptime of 50 Rage. You can do this on bosses too, and as long as Leap Slam is the first attack to hit the boss, you will gain the 20+ Rage, as Leap Slam guarantees a Stun on mobs on Full Life. Just make sure your Ancestral Totem is not close by, else it will hit the boss before you can Leap Slam it, making it no longer be at Full Life.

A good usage example would be during Brine King's encounter, where a bunch of small crabs rush from the water; they are perfect to cast Warlord's Mark on and then Leap Slam to gain Rage for the Boss fight portions.

2) Punishment: When you Leap Slam mobs, they will be cursed with Punishment, making packs pop much faster, since we also pick up the 10% More Dmg on Low-Life mobs mastery. This will overwrite any Marks that are active, but before it overwrites Warlord's Mark, you will gain the 20+ Rage (if you happen to Stun the mob afflicted by it).

3) Poacher's/Sniper's Mark: Use either on tanky mobs and bosses for additional single-target DPS.

Once you get Corrupted gloves with Vulnerability on Hit and a Carnage Heart with +1 Curse, this setup really shines:

* Mobs you Leap Slam will be cursed with Vulnerability + Punishment.
* One Rare/Boss will be cursed with Vulnerability + Sniper's Mark on Hit, and if there are additional bosses or mobs in the area, they can be cursed with Vulnerability + Punishment, if you Leap Slam them.
* Continue to self-cast Warlord's Mark and Leap Slam to gain Rage as necessary.

A further note to this, once you have Emancipation Belt, you can move Warlord's Mark to off-hand weapon, so you can use it in Temporal Chains maps to gain Rage and become Immune to it (and every other Curse), as long as mobs aren't Stun immune.

GL

AHH I see now, poachers mark can only be applied to one enemy. i was seeing punishment being applied to the whole pack so i thought it was poachers mark being applied on hit to everyone. cool setup
Hey bro im gonna run this build, ive read a cxouple different guides for splitting steel and it looks fun af. I havent seen in ur guide or the other one's what are the map mods to avoid?

My new baby! :D
Self made :) Only took 267 fusings to 6L!

1204.7 pDPS
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Apr 8, 2024, 9:38:11 AM
"
SleepsSociety wrote:
Spoiler
Hey bro im gonna run this build, ive read a cxouple different guides for splitting steel and it looks fun af. I havent seen in ur guide or the other one's what are the map mods to avoid?

Cool, thx for checking out the guide.

Avoid the blue highlighted here:

Ele reflect only a problem if using Herald of Ash.

"
LordAzuRa wrote:
Spoiler

My new baby! :D
Self made :) Only took 267 fusings to 6L!

1204.7 pDPS

YO! that's spicy :)

Share with us the crafting process pls, if not too much trouble. I'm sure others would be as interested as I am.

Mad gz!

GL both
Last edited by corosou on Apr 8, 2024, 6:13:04 PM
I am sure you guys will be able to tell me what I am missing.

I went to buy a new axe and the guy gave it to me for free.

I then ended up picking up this one, which shows it should be way more DPS overall but the DPS on the skill is about 4k less. Is the attack speed the deciding factor?

"
Freakynorm wrote:
Spoiler
I am sure you guys will be able to tell me what I am missing.

I went to buy a new axe and the guy gave it to me for free.

I then ended up picking up this one, which shows it should be way more DPS overall but the DPS on the skill is about 4k less. Is the attack speed the deciding factor?

IMHO, just get a decent Replica Wings:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/r8YnzJrtQ

And an Omen of the Jeweller to 6S it and 4L/2L yourself like mine:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/D2bM4E5t5

GL
Last edited by corosou on Apr 8, 2024, 6:12:42 PM
OK boss (corosou),
Can't generate rage, too many buttons for my 70 year old hands.
Obviously getting almost impossible to get more levels unless i get divs for 5 way buy ins.
So any ideas for me?
Got a cheap watchers but i don't think anger is good for me or not?
Still having fun tho and thanks for the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info