[3.22 Ready] ❄️ Glacial Hammer Slayer ❄️ | Freeze & Shatter Everything | Start>Endgame

Been messing around in PoB and getting a Cold Mastery and Elemental Mastery seems like it would be worth the points. The 5% increased damage taken per second frozen to max 50% and 25% chance to invert resistances are huge amounts of damage. Both of which are a 30% damage increase, although that is at maximum power which would mean 10 seconds of freeze.

The 25% chance to invert is only a few points away, but the increased damage taken is a bit out of the way. But allocating them both is doubling the PoBs damage.

Looks fun, might be the next thing I try.
I have a mana reservation jewel with 50% reservation efficiency for hatred instead of determination (spiteful presence). Does this matter?

Edit: nvm I see you recommended it in the notes. Was looking at the tree

Edit2: is this worth rejigging rings over?
"

Item Class: Rings
Rarity: Unique
Circle of Fear
Synthesised Sapphire Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 52
--------
Item Level: 82
--------
Grants Level 15 Hatred Skill (implicit)
10% increased Elemental Damage (implicit)
--------
+24 to Dexterity
Adds 23 to 30 Cold Damage
+20% to Cold Resistance
47% increased Cold Damage while affected by Herald of Ice
+1% to maximum Cold Resistance while affected by Herald of Ice
--------
My subordinates circled me eternally, attuned to the slightest weakness,
ready to tear me apart for their own gains.
--------
Synthesised Item

Last edited by NosesforSale on Apr 22, 2023, 9:40:17 PM
Also, is it really worth taking "50% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" given this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/uok05x/you_should_know_increased_ailment_effect_doesnt/
"
Vodkawater wrote:
I was hoping to run a 2-hander version of this. Rog had gifted me this..:

Is there a possibility for a 2-hander variant of this instead of one-hander with shield?

Nah, because you it's easier to get corrupted fortify on hit on Frostbreath, which saves skill points and in turn can be pumped into more DPS on tree.

"
NosesforSale wrote:
Also, is it really worth taking "50% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" given this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/uok05x/you_should_know_increased_ailment_effect_doesnt/

It is, for the shock (from amulet) & chill. Glacial hammer freeze interaction takes care of the freezing part. Try tinkering in POB on the difference you'd get from inc. effect of non-damaging ailment on shock.

To put in perspective, it turns your shock on 20% effect on pinnacle bosses into 30% (extra 10%), which can bring your damage threshold to allow for higher shock the following hits after (30% can turn into 45%). It snowballs your shock effect on difficult contents.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Nice thx!
Just wonder what to do if there is no trade options for megalomaniac and impossible escape jewels

and we loose almost 3 mil dps because of it
what're the alternatives?
I can see while downloading in PoB that you put budget and 3.20 version , assuming what i see the only good one is the budget version right ?
FYI: Cold Ailment Effect does nothing for freeze

Cool build though, been playing it for half the league now and it's fun!
"
chizzybang wrote:
Just wonder what to do if there is no trade options for megalomaniac and impossible escape jewels

and we loose almost 3 mil dps because of it
what're the alternatives?

Megalomaniac is not as necessary, but Impossible Escape is just too efficient to pass up. You can path to the node manually, it's just not as good that way.

"
Fravem wrote:
I can see while downloading in PoB that you put budget and 3.20 version , assuming what i see the only good one is the budget version right ?

Best is the 'Endgame', as it's the updated tree for 3.21.

"
Warwipf wrote:
FYI: Cold Ailment Effect does nothing for freeze

Cool build though, been playing it for half the league now and it's fun!

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes cold ailment effect does nothing for freeze, but the %inc effect of non-damaging ailment that we take is for shock (and scorch, if applicable). Explained the bit about shock effect few posts up.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
what is the exact mechanics when it comes to the CWDT gem? should we lvl it up or leave it low level all the time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info