Hideout objects limit

Currently, hideout has an object limit of 750 decorations.
Have you (GGG) considered increasing that limit? It is important, because hideout decorations have really small objects (like "Flasks" from category "Steam-Powered").
"Well you see him, exile, shrink not from God."
---
view-thread/2513898 - [3.23] Pillar of the Caged God. From A to Z.
view-thread/2972787 - [3.12] Replica Oro's Sacrifice. Investigation of meme.
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2024, 12:02:38 PM
Want to get Hellfire Pack for the Scourge swap eh?

Yep... Doubt you'll get an answer. Just gamble on it for PoE2 when the main devs come back. That was kinda a point of texture streaming but seems they put most back into pre-load.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
+1

Anything to make building hideouts better is neat.
Flat 750 limit is kinda lazy solution. Instead, decorations should have weighted cost based on their polygon count, texture weight contribution, having light sources, and so on.

These weights can be assigned once by algorithm, based on the known geometry of each decoration. Then total hideout limit can be established in those virtual units, and it can probably be raised well above current limit without impacting performance, because majority of these 750 are simplistic objects.

When GGG is designing their own locations each league, they probably have better profiling tools to test engine performance there, why not apply these tools to hideouts?
For the record, I am not one who bumped this thread several times :)
Idk how it ends up on top again
"
Echothesis wrote:
For the record, I am not one who bumped this thread several times :)
Idk how it ends up on top again

You're turning out to be a fine Necromancer.
(OP can bump thread without posting, check near edit button on your own posts in OP)
Though eventually threads become unbumpable.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 6, 2023, 2:32:24 AM
"
You're turning out to be a fine Necromancer.
(OP can bump thread without posting, check near edit button on your own posts in OP)
Though eventually threads become unbumpable.

Yes, that's true.
I thought about some "additions" to previous ideas of comments and the original post ‒ but haven't any interesting now.

I believe, that GGG saw that post.
Will see.
"Well you see him, exile, shrink not from God."
---
view-thread/2513898 - [3.23] Pillar of the Caged God. From A to Z.
view-thread/2972787 - [3.12] Replica Oro's Sacrifice. Investigation of meme.
please put limit ATLEAST at 900, or celestial nebula it's kind of useles, i bought it and i cannot finish my hideout, comeon!
bump, bump, gimme 250 more objects to get a nice 1000, building hideouts is really fun, but the limit could go to 1000 right? it's nothing absurd, right? or is it too much for the game to handle? I loaded some HOs maxed out and it was fine, maybe animated effects like water, fog, rain could impact performance.

🤔🤔🤔
I was building big hideout with many details and now i'm kinda dissapointed that there's limit which i can't even check if i'm close to maximum. :(

I hope PoE2 will have better hideout building system, i would love to make big detailed buildings with outside enviroment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info