Why is the new league still so delayed compare to pc?

Hello GGG,

First sorry for my bad english. So I cameback to console poe since I buy my xbox serie x and I was wondering why is the league launch so delayed? Its kind of hype breaking... is the console community completly dead is it a path/hotfix thing? I was also wondering if 4k console version is coming for next gen? Thanks you for the feedback.
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2022, 4:38:10 PM
It has to be put through console patch approval by sony and ms. The either launch staggered, or hold pc launch till console is approved.
Last edited by moneal on Dec 12, 2022, 2:20:14 PM
This explanation doesn't really hold water, though. They predictably give a (reliable) launch date for console; why couldn't they just get the approval from ms/sony a few days earlier, and then launch the same night?

I think it's more likely that they don't want to deal with fires from all three platforms at the same time if something was wrong with the new patch. It's much easier to deal with just PC for a few days, and then shoulder the risk of console launches separately.

Edit: I think I'm wrong, actually. They probably are developing almost all the way up to launch, hence why they can't submit for approval earlier.

Last edited by FieryMagic on Dec 12, 2022, 3:23:50 PM
It's likely because they are still making changes to the patch up to almost the day of release. Otherwise, they would have to pretty much stop development a few weeks earlier to wait for the builds to be approved through the console providers I'm guessing.
Still think they could predict a date, so every platform could start at the same time. But you probably right about not having to deal with bug on every platform at the same time. I mean, every game got to deal with that and they got no issue but there are not many game like poe.
During the AN thingamahgig we received three patches in a row within one hour of PC getting patched.

Those patches bypassed certification somehow.
That this still bothers people is a perfect example of FOMO to me. I mean, we'll get the same amount of time with the expansion as PC folks, just shifted a few days later. Console players have their own economy, so it's not like you're being penalized for starting later. If anything, the product we get at launch is usually a bit better since the PC players have been quality testing it and any major patches get made to the console version at launch. Chill. Go for a walk. Call your mother. Relax, you'll have the game soon enough and you'll be no worse off for the extra couple of days it took.
"
That this still bothers people is a perfect example of FOMO to me. I mean, we'll get the same amount of time with the expansion as PC folks, just shifted a few days later. Console players have their own economy, so it's not like you're being penalized for starting later. If anything, the product we get at launch is usually a bit better since the PC players have been quality testing it and any major patches get made to the console version at launch. Chill. Go for a walk. Call your mother. Relax, you'll have the game soon enough and you'll be no worse off for the extra couple of days it took.

While I agree with the overall sentiment that it isn't really a big deal, it's not true that it has NO effect.

The fact that console starts 5 days after PC means that we can all watch Grimro's video about how to make the most money from the league mechanic before the league even starts.

We lose the sense of mystery and discovery that PC players get going into a league blind.

And, yes, if that sense is the most important thing to you, you can just not watch the videos. But, if you're a trade league player, and you don't watch the videos, you are putting yourself at a HUGE disadvantage over players who do.

It also completely removes the possibility of being the first person to discover certain things, and either get the joy of sharing that info or the profit of hoarding that knowledge for yourself.
I agree the delay have impact. You are right about having thr same amount of time and everything. But I do like the hype ok the league launch and discovering evrything new. Delaying impact those thing. Im not complaining I like poe, I just have hope for improvement :)!
Been here for years, they made first delay after they couldnt efficiently fix bugs between PC and console at the same time. Days/hours delays got longer few times too.
Many times they had even wrong days/hours mentioned in game menu.
Even league delays were getting delayed(from 1 hour to 36 hours).

Company too small to bug fix console & PC? I know that they once had to pull few engineers from PC to fix console bugs
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last edited by oldwolfsoul on Dec 13, 2022, 4:50:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info