[3.20] [SC] Oro's Flickering Flame Slayer: League-start-capable Flicker Strike

CAn anyone take a look at my char and tell me any minor improvements/changes i can make? I'm kinda struggling to survive a bit.
"
Jaissai212 wrote:
CAn anyone take a look at my char and tell me any minor improvements/changes i can make? I'm kinda struggling to survive a bit.

one major factor to begin with is that you are lacking fortify
until you have a corrupted oro's with fortify implicit you wanna swap one of your support gems to fortify or path to one of the 2 nearby fortify clusters and get it from the mastery

also, once again advocating for the use of alarmed life flask (instant recovery on low life). bit of extra recovery from any other flask prefix doesn't hold a candle to getting it instantly (just quality up your flask and it barely changes the amount anyway). as long as you aren't getting instagibbed at least, then nothing is gonna help anyway

and quality up your gear,especially the armor. very cheap investment to get a bit more armour

you can always refund some points from dmg stuff and path into another life cluster too. there also seems to be an empty socket in your build which could be filled with a cheap %life jewel at least

if you feel your leech aint up to par you could also drop a point into vaal pact and see if that helps

some minor stuff i noticed on the side: why take endless hunger? why run poachers mark? flammability overrides it, need +1 curse limit to be able to run both. also you have no annoint yet on amulett. even just throwing something cheap on there is better than nothing
"

some minor stuff i noticed on the side: why take endless hunger? why run poachers mark? flammability overrides it, need +1 curse limit to be able to run both. also you have no annoint yet on amulett. even just throwing something cheap on there is better than nothing

honestly i completely forgot i had poachers mark on
i also specced into endless hunger for the stun immunity while leeching, i noticed i was getting stunned quite often out of vaal flicker
Hey i wanted to ask how do you survive in tough match ups? like for example a full juicy map with harb and legion?

Another question that can go along side the first one is. Is it possible for one with this build to do content with delirium? what would u say is the max % of delirium? from pob i saw it has 30k hit pool
"
TrionTraion wrote:
Enjoying the flicker gameplay so far, thanks for the guide! Im just struggeling to get any dps into the build. Im kinda stuck at 250k combined dps according to PoB and have the feeling im overlooking something fundamental.

One "checkbox" I often have to remind myself of are the "Melee distance to enemy"/"Is the enemy at Close Range?" boxes. Without them, the "more damage" effects of Impact & Close Combat will not apply.

As for the rest of details, they could vary a lot, so it doesn't help to speculate what's on a character I cannot see.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
rafaels22 wrote:
Hey i wanted to ask how do you survive in tough match ups? like for example a full juicy map with harb and legion?

Another question that can go along side the first one is. Is it possible for one with this build to do content with delirium? what would u say is the max % of delirium? from pob i saw it has 30k hit pool

For nastier encounters where they don't die instance, you want 4 main things in play: >4k life, >40k armour, fortify, and to have your Molten Shell up.

The latter is a key bit that requires a practiced technique; if it's on cooldown and you know there's one or more enemies that might live long enough to get off hits on you, don't engage them. Instead, wait out your cooldown, then manually pop molten shell, and attack until your molten shell explodes. Then back off, (using leap slam to cancel your flicker strike animation as necessary) wait, and repeat as necessary.

There really is no way to make a flicker strike build ready to 100% facetank everything; it's just not really plausible for the skill. So the main line of how much you'll have to do this is dependent on just how much DPS you can get. It's worth noting that this is the ultimate shortcoming of this particular build: going with Oro's means that it's much cheaper to get started, but means our investment ceiling is lower, too.

After around 5-10 million pinnacle DPS, we're looking at sinking hundreds of divines in pushing further, at which point the cost-effective advantage vs. higher-end builds (e.g, those using Farrul's fur, and typically Forbidden Shako + Paradoxica) will heavily diminish.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
This build is nice, i killed yellow eater, i killed normal elder i killed all the elder slayers, almost sirus. what is impossible to kill is the shaper intermission boss, this 40% more elemental dmg taken is too much in this game. Impossible to do anything against elemental attacks.
Hello I just respeced to swap to this build but I am having survivability issues. Can you look at my build and let me know what I could do to fix it?

How do you deal with map modifier "cannot leech"? Also if my oros has fortify plus "socketed gems are supported by lvl 10 additional accuracy" do you think you could be okay without the accuracy on the gloves?
Last edited by Kainnek on Jan 3, 2023, 11:48:14 PM
Hi quick question about the tree, do you think allocating the 3-4 points in the Rampart wheel is worth taking for the increased fortification?
Great build, has given me a lot of ideas on how to improve the flicker strike build I’m using. Somethings don’t apply since I’m using Precision Technique, but it has helped me gear up. Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info