Mark of Submission does not work with mines, but a curse on hit ring does

As a user, I expect Mark of Submission to apply curses to enemies hit by my spells from mines, in line with other rings which have a nearly identical effect.

For reference:

Mark of submission says:

Curse Enemies with Socketed Hex Curse Gem on Hit

Rare rings say

Curse Enemies with <Curse> on Hit, with #% increased Effect

If Mark of Submission is not supposed to work with proxy hits, it should use verbiage like "Apply socketed Hex Curse to Enemies you hit" or similar.
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2022, 10:45:42 PM
Mark_GGG says on reddit:
"
The difference is that this one is specifically using a curse skill that your character has - Mines only have one of your skills - the one they were made from. They can do on-hit effects that apply things, but they cannot trigger other skills (curse-on-hit from a specific curse skill is a special case of triggering), because they don't have those skills.
I remember testing this (what can apply curses with which method) and came to the conclusion that it was one of the messy things in PoE. That was probably in Archnemesis league.

My impression is also that they made a (stealth?) change since I tested that.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
seaman wrote:
Mark_GGG says on reddit:
"
The difference is that this one is specifically using a curse skill that your character has - Mines only have one of your skills - the one they were made from. They can do on-hit effects that apply things, but they cannot trigger other skills (curse-on-hit from a specific curse skill is a special case of triggering), because they don't have those skills.

Mark of Submission doesn't trigger the curse. You don't pay the resource cost. There is no AoE for the curse being cast.
Last edited by Vedgy on Dec 4, 2022, 10:17:50 PM
"
Vedgy wrote:

Mark of Submission doesn't trigger the curse. You don't pay the resource cost. There is no AoE for the curse being cast.

Mark of Submission uses your skill - "Socketed Hex Curse Gem", mines use your offensive stats, but they don't have ring with hex curse gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info