Withering Step changes breaks the assassin Mistwalker passive

Assassin's will be unable to use withering step to apply wither stacks if they take the Mistwalker node. Is this intended?
Last bumped on Dec 17, 2022, 5:43:29 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Awisp wrote:
Assassin's will be unable to use withering step to apply wither stacks if they take the Mistwalker node. Is this intended?

I don't think this is the biggest problem with this nerf. Not having the withering stacks reduce your damage multiplier, which isn't awesome, but high dps wasn't usually my problem with nightblade/PA assassin builds - it was survivability. Not being able to refresh elusive with WS will mean far more gaps in your elusive coverage and therefore far more random deaths in crowds of enemies when evasion fails.
TBH, attack based skills at least have options. Withering step was THE skill to apply wither for spell casters. Wither totems are super squishy/slow to cast and miserable to use in encounters with AOE like Delve/Bossing/Ritual, etc.
The changes to Withering Step severely nerfs all of the crit, claw, melee builds that have been popular lately. Nightblade was an absurdly powerful support gem to be sure, and I could understand an argument that a nerf was in order. But, the sad thing is that Nightblade abuse was pretty much the only way to bring a melee skill in line with casters from a build quality perspective. It's not so much that crit claw builds needed a nerf, as it was that all other melee archetypes needed buffs.
All 3 poison attack based shadow players are going to be mad.
"
plaguefear wrote:
All 3 poison attack based shadow players are going to be mad.

Well, that's because prior to the nerf poison assassin was already dumpster tier. Taking viable builds out of the rotation is not going to lead to longevity of the game. Look at forums, there is very little excitement about 3.20 because you are essentially playing same meta builds you did last 4 leagues.

I don't understand what GGG is thinking, it almost seems like they are trying to sabotage their own game.
Sad bump. Can we add this to FAQ
Bump - request a buff to necromancer to resurrect the assassin class.
Bump please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info