Ruthless No Magic No Rare

So when the original idea was released I immediately created a masochist prep league and justified the no magic no rare concept with the idea that the currency I found during leveling could counterbalance the drops we could potentially get as we went along. Turns out the concept works pretty well considering until 3.20 we plebs do not get access to the Masochist run.

For those who are interested I am basically just following as closely as I can to the Alpha ruleset.

Utilizing this spreadsheet for quest rewards :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15yqNTIAQbaFH5SD3FJX8-yFbBXYtZhaci0dxEbMXwAM/edit#gid=0

Following as closely as I can to the current listed rules :

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Ruthless_mode

This purely relies on your own personal experience. Stopping yourself from getting travel and support gems is very compromising , but this is all about trying to replicate and practice for what will be a brutal version of path of exile.

- - - - - - - - - - Disclaimer - - - - - - - - - -

Currently I am a broke dad of 4 , so I don't have enough money to put 100's of spots but if it fills I will try to use what point's I have to let people enjoy the fun. I just simply found no available No magic No Rare only softcore league formats. So I figured why not share what to me personally sounds fun , challenging, and rather brutal.

- - Join Link - -
https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/join/Masochist+Prep/EXwYRHVjTbV4St13hMeQ

- - Chat - -
global 6667

- - - Update - - -
I will be creating a Group Self Found Ruthless Private League for anyone interested. If interested please contact my discord below, I am in no rush to fill slots etc, I just firmly believe this is going to be the best way to play the game for me moving forward. If the group found happens to be not worth it after this league, I may subsequently go SSF in 3.21 depending on how we do.

- - My Discord - -
Nosferatu#3065

Last edited by greeenmartian on Nov 28, 2022, 4:08:26 PM
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2022, 4:05:26 PM
So in the spreadsheet its mentioned that:

- Blood and sand is the only reservation % skill that can be obtained.

- does this mean that after killing BRUTUS in act 1, im not allowed to take the reward of clarity ?

A fixture of faith in act 3, says it can be traded for any skill gem, is that only active skill gems or is support gems included ?
"
hyyyben wrote:

- does this mean that after killing BRUTUS in act 1, im not allowed to take the reward of clarity ?

A fixture of faith in act 3, says it can be traded for any skill gem, is that only active skill gems or is support gems included ?

In regards to clarity , you would have to mule the gem ( such as I did with flame totem on templar for my marauder)

As for the fixture of faith , my assumption is any drop enabled gem may be purchased under level 28 , so flame dash wouldn't be able to be purchased, but you could purchase drop only gems such as spark which were removed from the quest pool.

Keep in mind I am certainly aware of people not knowing every single rule and this is kind of a , play it in a way that makes it fun for you. I personally will be trying to follow as many rules as I am aware of.
Last edited by greeenmartian on Nov 27, 2022, 4:04:16 PM
"
greeenmartian wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

In regards to clarity , you would have to mule the gem ( such as I did with flame totem on templar for my marauder)

As for the fixture of faith , my assumption is any drop enabled gem may be purchased under level 28 , so flame dash wouldn't be able to be purchased, but you could purchase drop only gems such as spark which were removed from the quest pool.

Fixture of fate, can it be used to pick a support gem (non active skill gem), like controlled destruction ? as long as its a lvl 28 or below requirement gem. Or is it only active skill gems ?

Yearh no movement skills whatsoever
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
greeenmartian wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

Fixture of fate, can it be used to pick a support gem (non active skill gem), like controlled destruction ? as long as its a lvl 28 or below requirement gem. Or is it only active skill gems ?

Yearh no movement skills whatsoever

Correct my assumption is that any gem under level 28 droppable which would include support gems. Of course that would mean you would consume your purchase and that would be your one redeemable gem for that character.

A fixture of faith in act 3, says it can be traded for any skill gem, is that only active skill gems or is support gems included ?[/quote]

As for the fixture of faith , my assumption is any drop enabled gem may be purchased under level 28 , so flame dash wouldn't be able to be purchased, but you could purchase drop only gems such as spark which were removed from the quest pool. [/quote]

Yearh no movement skills whatsoever[/quote]

Correct my assumption is that any gem under level 28 droppable which would include support gems. Of course that would mean you would consume your purchase and that would be your one redeemable gem for that character. [/quote]

Sweet !
So if i played witch with wave of conviction i could potentially pick, lets say Efficacy / controlled destruction / unbound ailment or something else!

Glad to hear im not the only dad out there, thats also broke :D
"
hyyyben wrote:

Sweet !
So if i played witch with wave of conviction i could potentially pick, lets say Efficacy / controlled destruction / unbound ailment or something else!

Correct.

Yeah we live the good lives , I'll probably be starting ruthless SSF and hope that it prolongs the game's longevity . I typically get to end game quickly and plateau with end game mapping so this idea in general seems a bit brutal but interesting for longer term progression.
"
greeenmartian wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

Sweet !

Correct.

Yeah we live the good lives , I'll probably be starting ruthless SSF and hope that it prolongs the game's longevity . I typically get to end game quickly and plateau with end game mapping so this idea in general seems a bit brutal but interesting for longer term progression.

You could also choose the option of joining a community of players that create a private league, at the league start.
Mb with some mods to make it harder, or no mods. SImply to avoid having to deal with the market, and at the same time make working as a team much more rewardable.
There are plenty of ppl that play the leagues like that...ive considered it to :)
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
greeenmartian wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

Sweet !

Correct.

You could also choose the option of joining a community of players that create a private league, at the league start.
Mb with some mods to make it harder, or no mods. SImply to avoid having to deal with the market, and at the same time make working as a team much more rewardable.
There are plenty of ppl that play the leagues like that...ive considered it to :)

Yeah last league I played a 9~ man league, it was a good time but I primarily play SSF for character progression. Accomplishments feel a lot better for me when I know I had to rely on myself to get them done :D

Yeah we live the good lives , I'll probably be starting ruthless SSF and hope that it prolongs the game's longevity . I typically get to end game quickly and plateau with end game mapping so this idea in general seems a bit brutal but interesting for longer term progression. [/quote]

There are plenty of ppl that play the leagues like that...ive considered it to :)[/quote]

Yeah last league I played a 9~ man league, it was a good time but I primarily play SSF for character progression. Accomplishments feel a lot better for me when I know I had to rely on myself to get them done :D[/quote]

I usally play with 1-4 other guys. I wish they would be willing to join a private league..the problem is that they often rely heavily on the market to get the gear they need...instead of actually trying to make it all by themselves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info