Q&A Ruthless

I played Ruthless in the last couple days.(approx 30 hours) (till yellow maps)
What are your questions?

Keep in mind I played the Alpha version. It is possible that some changes occure till the official release :)

Questions:

How much slower is the map progression compared to normal modes?
Spoiler
I had troubles to sustain maps. Even Kirac had a limited offer. I was even at the point to grind Kitava in act 10 because he drops a map after defeating him. Playing together in Trade Ruthless might be an option

Is the drop rate of maps a limiting factor?
Spoiler
In case of getting xp/leveling. For me it was. I was smooth leveling (slower than usual obvious) till yellow maps.

Is there a logout timer?
Spoiler
I noticed none (I could use Autohotkey)

How did you experience the lack of movement skills? Was it doable? Annoying?
Spoiler
Tbh You will get used to it and it was less anoying than I thought. For me important was the use of the quartz flask which gives you phasing. (Unless you have not phasing from an other source) Important is that you get enough utility flask charges because also "flask charge gained" is nerfed in Ruthless. But maybe my opinion would change if I would face harder bosses?

How many support gems did you drop through the campaign (w/o trade)? And how many of them were useful?
Spoiler
Maybe 4-5 support gems (and 4-5 skill gems). They are random drops so I could not really use them for my build. I got my support gems trough trade. I would only recommend using a build guide when you are in Ruthless trade league. (Note: You can only aquire 2 skill gems trough the whole story (from Siosa in Act 3) I will post later a picture of my gem drops.

Bild shows my dropped or trough vendor aquired gems(Note in the bottom left are those which I used.(Ballista totem support/Lesser multiple projectile support and Elemental damage with attack support I aquired trough trade.

Do QS flasks drop?
Spoiler
Yes

Did you overlevel the zones?
Spoiler
Yes I did for example in Act 3 when I faced Dominus and in Act 5 in the chamber of innocence when I faced High Templar Avarius. My damage was not great and every time you die the boss recover approx. 1/4 of his life.

Does logout destroy all portals to bosses like Black Star?
Spoiler
I don't now how it works on bosses like Black Star. I had to log out a few times in the map crimson temple because of the OP Boss. My portals were not destroyed

Does Siosa sell Boneshatter?
Spoiler
Yes
Last edited by M4T_RIx on Nov 27, 2022, 9:13:57 AM
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2022, 6:03:59 PM
How much slower is the map progression compared to normal modes?
Is the drop rate of maps a limiting factor?
Is there a logout timer, or can we call it Toothless?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
How did you experience the lack of movement skills? Was it doable? Annoying?
How many support gems did you drop through the campaign (w/o trade)? And how many of them were useful?
Do QS flasks drop?

Did you overlevel the zones?

Thanks for the effort!
Just do it! And keep it simple -
Things will become complicated by itself.
Does logout destroy all portals to bosses like Black Star?
Updated
Does Siosa sell Boneshatter?
Did you notice any change to monster pack-size or rarity and damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info