3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

Why on earth was this posted exactly when Delirium event started.. it does not make any sense
Mathils actual cat
These changes also seem fine. Thanks!
All these changes. 2 week beta test league confirmed. Not possible to playstest all this stuff sufficiently prior to launch. Gonna be messy.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Does this mean you can run Maven Witnessing and Eldritch influence together?!
Rusted scarabs being in core drop pool AND a vendor recipe to upgrade them is a huge qol change. Yes GGG, scarabs shouldn't be scarce. Map juice overall should be much more accessible and cheaper. We need a good source of sextants because that was quite expensive in this league. Core drop (at low rate) and Tujen isn't enough.

I was farming maps with both keystones allocated but that came late in the league, when my character was strong enough to tackle this challenge. Dying here or there isn't a problem, but with both of those on already a difficult T16 map could easily run you into instant one-shot scenarios which would quickly deplete your portals. Balance between destroying stuff and being 1HKO'd is very thin in this game.

But I have one concern there - what about Eldrith Ichor currency?
Nothing about it in the manifesto and those nerfs will severely limit access to it. It is already very annoying to get exarch / eater implicits, ESPECIALLY if you want them at tier 2 or tier 1 (only accessible thorugh Orb of Conflict). I spent about 10 divines on eldrith currency to get my gloves with strike +2 targets - this is understandable, as this is a strong modifier. But I don't want this to become 100 divines.

You're reducing the number of influ packs AND taking away Wrath of the Cosmos currency generation entirely - please offset this somehow! Grand tier currency should be accessible and cheap.
Last edited by Esubane on Nov 21, 2022, 3:44:02 PM
"Eldritch Altars are currently too rewarding"

Your simulation have shown you this? Our you have seen people getting multiple mirror per day using Eldritch Altars...

I have never stooped playing POE because it was to rewarding, but multiple times I have stooped because I had to grind endlessly...
While I understand and like the reduction in use and difficulty to altars the last thing PoE needs after 3.19 is less loot. Gutting extra packs by up to 2/3 is already a big hit then reducing the loot even further with the rework should be compensated by a overall loot increase as well - unless you want to further nerf loot for no reason.
Can you add an X out button to dismiss the alter if you e.g. can't handle the risks it would impose?

I've had it happen a few times where I accidentally select one of the options while moving since the buttons just hover there.
GGG Sounds awesome :O
"if you intuit that it may be a 20 pack map''

I like many things in this manifesto except this, gotta guess now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info