Heralds of the Obelisk

"
Herald of Obelisk still exist in Incursion, Temple of Atzle-whatever-tf-it-is, and it spawns quite frequently. It is the same as Heralding Minion, just different names.

I had 100% lightning dmg from hit taken as fire, Forbidden Taste 100% Savage Hit wombo combo, Divine Flesh 88% chaos resistance, 75% all res, Purity of Elements (all ailment immunity) AND still died because of stun-lock. Yes, when each obelisk pops it micro-stuns you even w/ ailment immunity.

Pretty sure you mixed it up. Unique boss from Incursion may have similar looking skill, but it is not Herald of Obelisk .

Take a screenshot and compare it to the old bloodline mod Herald of Obelisk please.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I've been messing around in Standard recently, and, as has been mentioned before, Heralds of the Obelisk are still in the game and appear every once in a while. Here are a few screenshots from the past couple of days:

These are both Kirac missions.
- here's my sig
no other single mod has killed me so much in poe. and it is a bullshit death EVERY TIME because you end up with a half dozen or more invincible death totems following you around for however long it takes to kill you while you fail to find the one lone last mob keeping the rest alive.

stupid thing is, the simplest and most obvious possible change of adding a limit to their duration would fix this particular mod entirely.
"
I've been messing around in Standard recently, and, as has been mentioned before, Heralds of the Obelisk are still in the game and appear every once in a while. Here are a few screenshots from the past couple of days:

It just GGG fucked up the mod name

This is the "Heralding Minions" mod as of Archnemesis league, after the league end it is known as "of Heralding" but you cant see the mod name in rare monster, only the mod "name" (actually text) under the monster nameplate as "Heralding Minions"

https://www.poewiki.net/index.php?title=Modifier:MonsterArchnemesisHeraldOfTheObelisk~&oldid=1145715

However, magic monster spawn this "of Heralding" mod

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Modifier:MonsterArchnemesisHeraldOfTheObeliskMagic

Which exactly shown in your screenshot.

"of Heralding" in magic never deadly, rare monster with "Heralding Minions" mod is deadly
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
neohongkong wrote:
"

It just GGG fucked up the mod name

This is the "Heralding Minions" mod as of Archnemesis league, after the league end it is known as "of Heralding" but you cant see the mod name in rare monster, only the mod "name" (actually text) under the monster nameplate as "Heralding Minions"

https://www.poewiki.net/index.php?title=Modifier:MonsterArchnemesisHeraldOfTheObelisk~&oldid=1145715

However, magic monster spawn this "of Heralding" mod

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Modifier:MonsterArchnemesisHeraldOfTheObeliskMagic

Which exactly shown in your screenshot.

"of Heralding" in magic never deadly, rare monster with "Heralding Minions" mod is deadly

"I hate Heralds of the Obelisk"

- "No you don't. That doesn't exist anymore"

"Yes it does. I just saw it."

- "Prove it with a screenshot"

[provides screenshots]

- "Well yeah, it says Heralds of the Obelisk, but it's not really Heralds of the Obelisk"

lol, ok
- here's my sig
Show me a video you are killed by this MAGIC monster or pack to show it is deadly...........

It is always rare "Heralding Minions" is deadly......but except the internal mod id, the rare version is always called "Heralding Minions"

Oh wait, you are killed by MAGIC Heralds of the Obelisk? post you pob to let other people to help you survive as a newbie?

Whatever this thing is, it's a broken ability and needs to be removed from the game. It's pretty much AI "god mode". GGG should remove this if they can't fix the mechanic.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by JC_GGG on Nov 23, 2022, 5:53:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info