Announcing Ruthless

This is what made me download the game again and I played more than 10 years ago I think when the game was way slower and not as zoomy. Every single change here sounds amazing!

Seems like I can finally play this game without caring about seasonal resets because there's finally a slower mode that allows slower progression that lasts more than 3 months.

I also noticed at least a few other commenters that seem to have come back after many years. Thank you so much!

I hope you continue to support this mode even though I'd have been perfectly happy with just a mode with heavily reduced item drops lol
This mode looks epic, can't wait to try it! The current game is way too ridiculous in speed of progression and speed of play for my tastes. Haven't played since Sentinel. Thanks for taking your precious personal time to make this mode! Cheers! o/
the main game is already heavily geared towards people with infinite free time, so now you're making a mode that's about a thousand times MORE geared toward people with infinite free time. cool

how about you make a game mode geared towards people who work a full time job, and have a life outside of PoE, who can't grind 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, just for a CHANCE at good gear?
Last edited by gotreant on Apr 5, 2023, 11:31:56 AM
Ruthless - it's step in good direction - to start enjoy from loot again. At current state loot is radiculus and it's actually not worth care. However - it's done in wrong way - it's for people with countless free time. We need some "arcade" mode for people who want to do the campaing and just enjoy the game, enjoy from every loot drop, enjoy from completing maps in campaing and not sacrifice whole life for this and be frustrated by very hard-ruthless play.

I think it would make game more atractive also for new players.
Besides - of course ruthless can still exist - for hardcore players - mostly... addicted from PoE i think :(
Just finished Act 1 on Ruthless SSF. I had one death, no grinding or logout macro needed. It was quite challenging, especially the Merveil fight. I found it a lot more engaging than playing in normal mode. Getting my first Rare drop was great - it really boosted my power. I'm not really that interested in playing endgame maps, but working to beat Kitava in Ruthless is a worthy goal.
Last edited by pawntificate on Apr 6, 2023, 6:38:43 PM
You may do something against log-out stuff cheating tools, at least in ruthless.

If you log-out "out of town" for any reason, characters will stay in map for some time until fading-off.

No more cheating in HC-Ruthless, also if you have a laggy internet it means fair play in SC-Ruthless.
Last edited by Halugar on Apr 6, 2023, 9:00:12 PM
Ruthless is everything I've wanted from an ARPG since Diablo 3 disappointed me - thank you for making it - I'll play it in PoE2 if it's available!
A friend got me playing Ruthless and I'm really enjoying it.
Strangely I think it's a new player friendly version of the game too, allowing you to learn the basics better.
Only have 3 characters at level 35-40 ish so far.

Some questions I have:
- Why only 6 ascandancy points?
- Why no pantheon?

These feel like they're more character completion/growth on the path to becoming a godslayer. It would make sense that in ruthless it's harder to get these, but not being able to get these at all, what is the philosophy behind it?

Also, no instilling orbs.
Please considers wrists of people.
Ruthless should be ruthless on my character, not on my wrists lol.
I like it. Effort is rewarded. I never enjoyed maps - preferred the game before they were added in, badly - but now I can enjoy the campaign instead! Like ten years ago! But without having th repeat the same content three times... ;)
I don't think this mode needs less ascendancy points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info