[3.20] fezz's Fast Alt Leveling Guide - Level 1 to 90-95+ in a few hours (requires ~3-6 Divine Orbs)
Note: This build guide uses 5-way-rotations provided by the TFT discord from level 70 onwards which CAN be a bad playing experience since you will just be AFK and leech experience until you hit level 90+. Nevetheless, if that playstyle doesn't suit you, you can still use this guide to get to level 70 super fast, but this guide doesn't cover game content past the completion of the campaign and 5-way rotations (and I won't answer any questions regarding this content).
this build guide is designed to help you to reach level 90-95+ on an alt (!) in just a few hours by taking advantage of the following steps:
1. Using the 'One With Nothing' Cluster Jewel which provides the Hollow Palm Technique that allows you to complete the campaign very fast and to level to level 70 in just a few hours.
2. Taking part in 5-way rotations once you've reached level 70 in order to gain as much experience as possible in a very short period of time.
Are you in? Let’s get started!
What you need to have to actually play this build
Currency. How much currency you actually need really depends on the current market situation and therefore can vary. From my experience, you have to invest a total of around 3-6 Divine Orbs (depending on whether or not you want to use the cheaper or more expensive setup).
What you need to know about the Hollow Palm Technique
The Hollow Palm Technique is provided by the One With Nothing small cluster jewel. This jewel provides you with the following:
- You count as Dual Wielding while you are Unencumbered
- 60% more Attack Speed while you are Unencumbered
- 14 to 20 Added Attack Physical Damage per 10 Dexterity while you are Unencumbered
‘Unencumbered’ relates to not having weapons, shields and gloves equipped which obviously is a huge loss, but by stacking as much dexterity as possible you can leverage from being Unencumbered a lot, giving you a lot of damage.
What you need to know about 5-way rotations
5-way rotations refer to an encounter which was introduced in the Legion league. Here, you enter the Domain of Timeless Conflict as a 6-man team which consists of a Carry, an Aurabot, a Resetter and 3 AFK XP Leecher. Normally, these 5-way rotations are managed by the Carry and/or the Aurabot while the Resetter and the AFK XP leechers pay a fee to participate.
Once the group is full and the financial part has been settled, you will run a predefined amount of 5-way rotations (normally 4-5 runs) which take 5 minutes each, whereby each team member uses one available portal to the Domain of Timeless Conflict.
Once you’ve entered the Domain of Timeless Conflict, you move near the middle - but you don’t enter the purple circle by any means! - where all 3 AFK XP leechers stack. Then the Carry/Aurabot will start the encounter and clear the area while the Resetter periodically runs in and out of the circle to spawn new monsters. This is repeated until the 5 minute encounter ends.
You can find 5-way rotation teams in the TFT Discord channel.
Some noteworthy (kind of unwritten) rules regarding 5-way rotation:
- If you die, you don’t release
- If the carry dies (which happens pretty rarely), he will add another run for free (depending on the progress of the failed run); on top of that you should leave the area as soon as possible (most of the time the carry will call for it in chat)
- Aurabots and Resetters (normally) pay a lower price
Also note: You want to be level 70 before doing 5-way rotations. Otherwise you get a huge experience penalty which comes with very high time and cost inefficiency.
What you should know before you start playing this build
- This is a guide for alts (since you need some currency to be able to set it up correctly)
- You have to use a mana flask at the very early stage of the campaign, but you can drop it once you have enough mana leech (around level ~20)
- It’s recommended to put all items and gems you need for this build (see below) in one Stash tab and occasionally check whether or not you can use something new.
- Once you’ve equipped ‘One With Nothing’ you have to unequip your weapons and your gloves. Otherwise the build bricks.
- It’s recommended to turn off the auto-equip function in the game options menu. If you don’t do that and accidentally equip a weapon, shield or gloves while using ‘One With Nothing’, the build bricks.
- In case you have the feeling that your damage and/or attack speed is totally off at a moment’s notice, check if you have accidentally (auto-)equipped a weapon, shield or gloves (and undo that).
- In general, there is no need to complete the Labyrinth to choose your Ascendancy class while leveling.
- You want to kill all bandits to get two additional skill points.
- You should put Molten Shell on the left click.
- You should use a very strict loot filter. In fact, I recommend only picking up Divine Orbs or other valuable items.
- You will level pretty fast. As a consequence, your life flask won’t keep up with the amount of life you have and the amount of damage monsters do very fast as well. Therefore, you should buy a new life flask from the vendor in town every two acts and preferably roll it to become an instant life flask.
- Don’t kill Kitava in act 10 before you have reached level 70. The reason why is because after killing Kitava, you would get -30% to all Elemental Resistances (which is just an unnecessary burden since you can comfortably level to level 70 in act 10; there’s no gain in doing so by doing maps).
- You might ask yourself why you want to be level 70 before killing Kitava in act 10. After killing Kitava, you want to jump straight into doing a 5-way rotation. Due to the fact that the area of the 5-way rotation is level 83, you would get a massive experience penalty if you would go in there below level 70. This wouldn’t only be time inefficient, it would also cost you a lot more (since you have to do more rotations).
- Apart from the 3 unique flasks listed below, you want to use a moderate instant life flask as well as a quicksilver flask.
Nice-to-Have: Path of Building
You can find the PoB of the build here.
Please note: This is a super slim PoB with a very rudimentary configuration (a detailed one is not needed, in my opinion).
Nice-to-Have: Path of Exile Better Trading Chrome Extension
This build requires you to buy several items in order to have a decent setup (see below). If you want to use the Better Trading Chrome Extension for the PoE trade website (instead of clicking the links below), you can import this string.
What you need to buy before starting the campaign
#1 Buy the following gems from Lilly in your hideout (MANDATORY)
- (R) Smite (you can also use Vaal Smite, if available)
- (R) Determination
- (R) Vitality
- (R) Herald of Ash
- (R) Molten Shell
- (R) Stone Golem
- (R) Elemental Damage with Attacks Support
- (R) Ancestral Call Support
- (R) Added Fire Damage Support
- (R) Ruthless Support
- (G) Dash
- (G) Blood Rage
- (G) Onslaught Support
- (B) Flame Dash
- (B) Added Lightning Damage Support
- (B) Physical to Lightning Support
- (B) Elemental Focus Support
For maximum efficiency in terms of damage/survivability, you could buy level 1 variants of the gems above with 23% quality via the trade website, but it’s not really worth the time and effort, to be honest.
#2 Buy the following items from the trade website (MANDATORY)
- Redbeak (2x)
- One With Nothing
- Goldrim (preferably R-R-R-G)
- Tabula Rasa
- Wanderlust (preferably R-R-G-B)
- Araku Tiki
- Karui Ward
- Blackheart (2x)
- Le Heup of All (2x)
- Darkness Enthroned
- Abyss Jewel (2x)
- The Wise Oak
- Lion’s Roar
- Taste of Hate
- Jewel with Corrupted Blood
- Jewel with Maim
- Jewel with Life & Dexterity
- Amber Oil, Azure Oil & Black Oil (to anoint Astramentis amulet with Ambidexterity)
- Glassblower's Bauble (70x) (to increase the quality of your utility flasks)
- Vaal Haste
This is your leveling gear. It’s recommended to put it in one Stash tab and occasionally check whether or not you can use something new.
#3 Buy the following items from the trade website for 5-way rotations (MANDATORY)
- Body Armour
- [OPTIONAL] The Supreme Truth (2x)
This is your 5-way rotation gear. The only important thing in 5-way rotations is your survivability. Due to the fact that an Aurabot is part of any 5-way rotation group, you only have to make sure you are chaos resistance capped (and some life). You might want to put these items in a separate Stash tab.It also doesn’t hurt if you invest some (existing or upcoming) skill points into defensive stats (life, energy shield, strength, etc.).
#4 IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF CURRENCY you can buy the following items to level even faster (OPTIONAL)
- Briskwrap (R-R-R-G-B-B) AND/OR Skin of the Loyal (R-R-R-G-B-B)
- String of Servitude (with Movement Speed mod)
- Seven-League Step (preferably R-R-G-B)
- Glassblower's Bauble (20x) & Instilling Orb (20x) (to craft ‘Used When Charges Reach Full’ on all of your utility flasks)
These items allow you to level even faster, but they are most likely quite expensive.
What you need to know about the leveling process
#1 # Noteworthy Milestones (level in brackets)
-  You can equip Araku Tiki
-  You can equip Blackheart (2x)
-  You can equip Darkness Enthroned
-  You can equip 2x Abyss jewel (put them into Darkness Enthroned)
-  You can use (R) Smite
-  You can use (G) Onslaught Support (link with Smite)
-  You can use (R) Ruthless Support (link with Smite)
-  You can use (R) Ancestral Call Support (link with Smite)
-  You can use (B) Summon Phantasm Support (link with Smite)
-  You can use (R) Molten Shell (put it on left click)
-  You can use (G) Dash
-  You can equip Karui Ward (replaces Araku Taki)
-  You can use (B) Added Lightning Damage Support (link with Smite)
-  You can use (R) Added Fire Damage Support (replaces Ruthless Support)
-  You can equip The Wise Oak
-  You can use (R) Vitality
-  You can use (B) Flame Dash (replaces Dash)
-  You can equip (R) Herald of Ash (but you might not be able to use it yet)
-  You can use (G) Blood Rage
-  You can use (B) Physical to Lightning Support (replaces Added Lightning Support)
-  You can use (R) Elemental Damage with Attacks Support (replaced Added Fire Damage Support)
-  You can use (B) Elemental Focus (replaces Summon Phantasm Support)
-  You can equip Taste of Hate
-  You can equip Astramentis (replaces Karui Ward)
-  You can equip 2x Le Heup of All (replaces Blackheart)
-  You can equip (R) Determination
-  You can use (G) Vaal Haste (only use the active Vaal part of the skill)
-  You can equip Lion’s Roar
-  Use Glassblower's Bauble to max out the quality of your utility flasks (if not done yet)
-  You can use Briskwrap (if available)
-  You can use (R) Summon Stone Golem (if it keeps dying, just leave it, it's not that important)
-  You can equip String of Servitude (if available)
-  Complete act 10 as far as possible, but don’t kill Kitava yet!
-  Reach level 70 by running The Desecrated Chambers in Act 10
-  Kill Kitava
-  Equip your 5-way rotation items
-  Do 5-way rotations (e.g. via TFT Discord)
-  Reach level 90+ (this should be done after the first rotation)
- [Optional] Reach level 95+ (this should be done after a second rotation, but requires additional currency)
#2 Skill tree order
1. Cluster Jewel Socket (to the left from “Point Blank”) (Note: Follow this path)
3. Master of Arena
4. Vitality Void + Leech Mastery (30% increased Damage while leeching)
5. Spirit Void (note: You shouldn't need a mana flask anymore now)
6. Freedom of Movement
7. Utmost Swiftness + Attribute Mastery (5% increased Attributes)
8. Herbalism + Life Mastery (Vitality has 100% increased Mana Reservation) Efficiency)
10. Heart of Oak
11. Jewel Socket above Herbalism (note:You should put the jewel with ‘Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you’ in here)
12. Blood Drinker + Life Mastery (+50 to MaximumLife)
13. Jewel Socket above Blood Drinker (pref use the jewel with main here)
14. Clever Thief
15. Golem’s Blood + Life Mastery (10% increased life)
18. Jewel Socket next to Herbalism
19. Disciple of the Slaughter
20. Forces of Nature
21. Taste of Blood
22. Fangs of the Viper
You can also check the PoB for the skill tree.
Proof of concept (Screenshot from my latest run using the setup above)
Here you can see my very own run. It took me 4 hours an 33 minutes to get to level 92 (almost 93) with doing one 5-way rotation after reaching level 70.
Last but not least: Let me know if this guide helped you to go through the campaign faster and/or to comfortably reach level 90-95+. What's your best time?
Your friendly neighborhood Exile!
By the way: If you’re looking for a beginner-friendly league starter build guide which leads you through the sometimes very confusing and intimidating world of Path of Exile without the need of watching hour-long videos, downloading and understanding complex third-party programs, acquiring rare uniques to make the build actually work or researching important information in the World Wide Web all the time, check out my Toxic Rain Champion Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Dec 29, 2022, 9:50:33 AM
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2023, 3:09:59 AM
Tried, tested, cannot get past Act 1.
That's either a skill issue or you are just straight up trolling (given that you have a 6-link from the start it's most likely both).
Last edited by fezz8386 on Nov 8, 2022, 5:18:15 AM
Updated for 3.20
real review this guide is good on leveling clear the mob fast but the really bad thing is >> single target << it was really bad hard to kill boss even rare monster take time walking dead till the boss died .
Casual player pretty new to the game finished campaign in 3 1/2 hours compared to my normal 10 or so hours so huge thanks definitely saved me a few days.
Had zero issues with damage or anything else smoothest leveling I've had by far
Great to hear that. I actually think that the ones who reported the build didn't work or didn't do damage are hard trolling (or did something fundamentally wrong).
Thanks for this guide mate, leveled up my duelist hella quick
Great to hear that, thanks for the feedback!
I think they might have forgotten to allocate the notable after putting the jewel. I have done it once and was wondering why damage is so low.
on Feb 2, 2023, 1:31:43 AM