Bug 3266851714 - Primal Spirit not applying + to Int

On PS4

I just anointed a "Golem Scarab - Blue Pearl Amulet" with "Primal Spirit". The item already has +18 to all attributes. With the +20 to Strength and Intelligence ... so my assumption is that I would have +38 to Intelligence.

I am currently wearing a "Sorrow Medallion - Turquoise Amulet" anointed with "Deep Thoughts*. The item has +17 to Dex and Int. With the +20 Int from Deep Thoughts - my assumption is this is a +37 Int item.

When I equip the the Golem Scarab - I would assume my Intelligence would go up from 141 to 141. However, my Intelligence drops from 141 to 122 ...

That's 19 points.

It would seem that the +20 Int from Primal Spirit is not applying correctly.

Thanks!
Last bumped on Oct 30, 2022, 5:29:00 PM
I don't see either of these items on any of your characters?

The odds are that there's another stat on one of these items, which is making a difference.

Does any gear go red when you swap? If a piece of gear turns red, then you don't get any benefit from it. This happens if you don't meet the requirements (stats or level) for either the gear or a gem socketed in it.

There's another possibility I can think of, although it seems less likely.

That is that you already have the passive in question (Primal Spirit) allocated on your passive tree. Allocating a specific passive a second time doesn't give you the benefit again.
Many apologies - I was logged in as my *wife's* account when I posted the bug report.

Please look on *my* PS4 account on character Xander_the_Almost_Great.

But to answer your question, yes - several items turned red due to the downgrade of Int. I also do not believe I have Primal Spirit on the passive tree.
If you take out the amulet and then other item turn red, it means they are no longer equipped due to not having enough attribute for that piece

Unless you put another amulet on and then the other piece no longer red , otherwise you will losing attribute from armor/equipment that turn red

This usually can be fixed by allocate more attribute in passive skill tree and then equip the items and then by situation, unallocate the point from the passive skill tree
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I see - I'm not being clear...

The Sorrow Medallion (current) should be +37 Int between the +17 Dex/Int directly on the Amulet and the +20 Int from Deep Thoughts.

The Golem Scarab (new) should be +38 Int between the +18 to all attributes directly on the Amulet and the +20 Str/Int from Primal Spirit.

With Sorrow equipped, I have Int 141.
If I swap it with Scarab, I drop down to Int 122.

My Int should be 142 because 141 - 37 + 38 = 142

*However* 141 - 37 + 18 (Scarab if Primal Spirit doesn't give +20 Int) = 122.

I have a few pieces that go red specifically due to the loss of Int on two skill gems. I've tried removing the offending gems and re-equiped. I'm still at 122 Int.
There may be additional attribute scaling mod in your gear.......just search it or use pob
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
Many apologies - I was logged in as my *wife's* account when I posted the bug report.

Please look on *my* PS4 account on character Xander_the_Almost_Great.

But to answer your question, yes - several items turned red due to the downgrade of Int. I also do not believe I have Primal Spirit on the passive tree.

Take another look. You definitely have Primal Spirit allocated.

Having it allocated means the anoint on the amulet does nothing, since allocating the same notable twice doesn't add any extra benefits.

unallocate this from the tree and use the amulet with Primal Spirit anointment, and check again

Or aka Main Tree passive skill cannot stack, unlike cluster jewel passive

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info