harvest monster name colours...

when running harvest, i find it very hard to see the colour difference in the monster names as in this screenshot

i mean white text and then a very light blue that is almost white text just makes it very hard to see the colour difference.

honestly, anyone with even minor vision problems might not even be able to see the difference. i just have to wear reading glasses and have trouble.

so, why am i asking this? i was told by another player to target plots that have the blue monster names. did 5 harvests before i even noticed the blue names. have since told other players to do the same and some of them have told me there are none in blue as they can't see it at all. that tells me that it's a visual issue in the game itself.

this is even more of an issue depending on what colour plots are behind the names.

is this something we can change on our end somewhere?
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2023, 6:42:01 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
agreed. i find it difficult to tell what level monsters are in each. there is a minor difference but like you said, it's hard to tell without looking closely.
glad i'm not alone on this lol

to break it down...

top 2 monsters text colour is #7f7f7f or (127,127,127)

monster 3 colour is #c8c8c8 or (200,200,200)

last is the blue colour monster at #b8daf1 or (184,218,241)

your artists and graphics team honestly do an incredible job but someone really dropped the ball on this one. the colour choices on this are just too similar and should have never happened in the first place. and then i'm sure someone at some point approved this. could someone please fix this?
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
when running harvest, i find it very hard to see the colour difference in the monster names as in this screenshot

i mean white text and then a very light blue that is almost white text just makes it very hard to see the colour difference.

honestly, anyone with even minor vision problems might not even be able to see the difference. i just have to wear reading glasses and have trouble.

so, why am i asking this? i was told by another player to target plots that have the blue monster names. did 5 harvests before i even noticed the blue names. have since told other players to do the same and some of them have told me there are none in blue as they can't see it at all. that tells me that it's a visual issue in the game itself.

this is even more of an issue depending on what colour plots are behind the names.

is this something we can change on our end somewhere?

Honestly it's much easier to see on a tiny monitor, maybe GGG is playing with 19" monitors? It would explain why they killed ultrawide support, and how bad design like this got added.
"
h3h3sucks wrote:
Honestly it's much easier to see on a tiny monitor, maybe GGG is playing with 19" monitors? It would explain why they killed ultrawide support, and how bad design like this got added.

do people still use 19" monitors? last one i had that was that small was in 2000 lol

my monitor is a 46" wide screen. not ultra wide. but being 49, i need a large monitor. i'm at the point where i need reading glasses and just have trouble seeing the colour difference. and i know i'm not alone. also been a gamer for a very long time. i got to beta test wolfenstein 3d as well as the original doom before they came out. was good times and they never had issues like this because people actually tested all aspects of their games before releasing them
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
h3h3sucks wrote:

do people still use 19" monitors? last one i had that was that small was in 2000 lol

my monitor is a 46" wide screen. not ultra wide. but being 49, i need a large monitor. i'm at the point where i need reading glasses and just have trouble seeing the colour difference. and i know i'm not alone. also been a gamer for a very long time. i got to beta test wolfenstein 3d as well as the original doom before they came out. was good times and they never had issues like this because people actually tested all aspects of their games before releasing them

Lol I get ya.. it's a bit annoying.

If you wanna see what I mean you can open the picture of that harvest, and zoom out so it's super tiny

the colors do pop out a lot more that way

It's crazy because I even have a bit of a saturation boost for PoE specifically, and it's still difficult to see!
Would love to see them just do the same colors as the rarities currently (white / blue / yellow / orange).
"
TemjinGold wrote:
Would love to see them just do the same colors as the rarities currently (white / blue / yellow / orange).

that would be perfect
this is a visibility issue that really needs to be fixed. and it's an extremely simple colour change. since GGG won't allow us to mod things on our end, we are forced to see it this way with colours that are almost impossible to tell the difference of
this is still an ongoing issue with the colour of the names...

90% of the time i simply can't see the difference in any of the name colours so could be completely missing the light blue ones. but the T4 monsters are super easy to see, when you get them that is

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info