[3.23] MoM Crit Power Siphon Totem Hierophant

"
Cyander wrote:
What do you think?

First of all, thank you for this pob, it was pretty useful for me.

My first thought was 'wow, so much damage and hitpool!'. But... after some analyze and comparing I see it bad sides:
1. This build pretty high min-maxed (forbidden flesh/flame), many very good roll uniques with 2 good corrupts.
2. The 50% of all outcode damage depends on Berserk and Sigil of Power. Berserk duration not as long as wanted, literally any uber/pinacle and almost any guard bosses will survive it because of phases and you lose your 50% dps on next phase.
3. Also about 40% of effective hitpool and ~20% elemental max hit also gives you Berserk buff and Sigil of Power buff. I wouldn't count on Sigil of Power on hard bosses because you can't just stand and facetake hits. Berserk as I said earlier does not last long.

It still has very good damage. But build's survivability is something that is worth checking especially carefully. Your totems dont do instant damage. Even with infinite damage you still can be killed while placing totems.

The worst thing of both builds, they require "Sublime vision" which is super expensive atm (40 div for single "Purity of Lightning" variant jewel). And even this build from pob require another Sublime vision to be tanky (not exist on trade yet).

So I really wonder what to do? I do not see any reason of buying Dawnbreaker or Font of Thunger with Glorious Vanity without Sublime vision...
You can make use of Font of Thunder and Lightning Coil without Sublime Vision. Remember our helmet. 80% MoM on Lightning damage taken. With a Clarity Watchers Eye that is 90% MoM. This is really good.

The build has some really expensive endgame gear choices for gearing and the gems. Do not forget the gems.

For me personally I will work towards the goal now to be able to use Font of Thunder and Lightning Coil.

Not having 100% fire/cold conversion means that we still need all elemental resistances.

With Glorious Vanity and 80% chaos resistance only 10% of fire/cold damage would still be taken as fire/cold.
I am not a fan of Vanity without Sublime Vision though since it converts lightning damage too which would be taken against our mana pool.
Last edited by zorker on Dec 13, 2022, 3:56:53 PM
"
MansKokoko wrote:

Well I am glad it is useful, though I'd like to point out it isn't my pob, I basically just added Dissolution of the Flesh and switched out the jewelry as kalandra mirror versions aren't available anymore. Credit goes to Zorker.

"

2. The 50% of all outcode damage depends on Berserk and Sigil of Power. Berserk duration not as long as wanted, literally any uber/pinacle and almost any guard bosses will survive it because of phases and you lose your 50% dps on next phase.

Berserk lasts about 20 seconds due to the rage regen, which is on average 8/s due to the uptime and downtime of Arcane Cloak buff. This is quite long. And on top of that, due to the regen we will be at 50 rage again just a second after Berserk has recovered from its cooldown. So the uptime of Berserk as a buff is pretty damn good.

I agree on Sigil of Power not being the most reliable of buffs, however even having it up for just a second provides significant damage. And it can be big enough to dodge stuff while remaining on it.

"

3. Also about 40% of effective hitpool and ~20% elemental max hit also gives you Berserk buff and Sigil of Power buff. I wouldn't count on Sigil of Power on hard bosses because you can't just stand and facetake hits. Berserk as I said earlier does not last long.

See my earlier point on Berserk uptime. You are however correct on Sigil as it also requires the boss to stand within the circle for the reduced damage. Admittedly this is easier to do than us staying in the circle. Though it'd depend on the boss. Honestly I now wish to add increased area of effect support purely to make both a little easier potentially.

"

[/b] Your totems dont do instant damage. Even with infinite damage you still can be killed while placing totems.

Tbf, our totem place speed is 0.13 seconds. So we can have all our totems placed in about a second, and it also isn't like you have to drop them all after another. You can dodge inbetween placing them. And by this logic all builds that have to stand still to cast anything are in trouble.
But you are right, not having instant damage is a problem for totem builds, against bosses this generally doesn't matter. Though for mapping, well if you find it an issue for your survivability I'd suggest taking the totems taunt enemies on placement mastery. It tends to help a lot with this, as not being targeted is a remarkably strong defensive layer.

"

The worst thing of both builds, they require "Sublime vision" which is super expensive atm (40 div for single "Purity of Lightning" variant jewel). And even this build from pob require another Sublime vision to be tanky (not exist on trade yet).

Oh I agree with you that this makes it rather expensive. Here's the thing though, I can't exactly judge how needed those Sublime Jewels are. Mostly as I haven't played such a full conversion build myself, hence I don't know what the difference feels like.

However, without those jewels we'd already convert 70% of cold, and 70% of lightning to fire and chaos. On top of that 80% of the remaining 30% lightning damage from hits would be taken to mana, due to Mind of the Council and MoM. Meaning only 9% of it would hit our life, and that's not regarding the damage reduction from armour.

Yeah we would likely have to include cold resistance in our gear now, but that should still be possible.

As I said however I am not able to judge how significantly this would affect us while actually playing. However at least to me it seems like it'd be playable even without the Sublime Vision jewels, I could be wrong, but it's something I intend to find out, and I can still grind towards buying those eventually.

Look, at the end of the day this is very much an endgame expensive version as far as I can tell. I don't think these expensive jewels are strictly neccesary to make it work, though they add a lot of damage, in regards to the Forbidden Flame and Flesh jewels and the Impossible Escape jewel, and effective healthpool and gearing flexibility in regards to Sublime Vision. But it can still work without.

Hell, we can replace those jewels with others that can take care of our need for cold resistance now, and also other stats. Which makes gearing a bit easier. Hooray!

Anyway thanks for the response! Even if it isn't my build I love brainstorming like this and looking more critical at the components. At some point I may actually be able to make my own.
Last edited by Cyander on Dec 13, 2022, 5:06:47 PM
"
MansKokoko wrote:
"
Cyander wrote:
What do you think?

My first thought was 'wow, so much damage and hitpool!'. But... after some analyze and comparing I see it bad sides:
1. This build pretty high min-maxed (forbidden flesh/flame), many very good roll uniques with 2 good corrupts.

It still has very good damage. But build's survivability is something that is worth checking especially carefully. Your totems dont do instant damage. Even with infinite damage you still can be killed while placing totems.

So I really wonder what to do? I do not see any reason of buying Dawnbreaker or Font of Thunger with Glorious Vanity without Sublime vision...

Currently doing non juiced T16s at the moment without any of the endgame items. It's not super tanky but you can take some hits. Regular pinnacle bosses are completely fine as well.
"
Cyander wrote:
Berserk lasts about 20 seconds due to the rage regen, which is on average 8/s due to the uptime and downtime of Arcane Cloak buff. This is quite long. And on top of that, due to the regen we will be at 50 rage again just a second after Berserk has recovered from its cooldown. So the uptime of Berserk as a buff is pretty damn good.

Hm... Looks like I do something wrong... my Berserk fill rage from 0 to 50 for 21 seconds, and after activating buff, effect lasts 8.5 seconds, then rage is 0 and I need to wait another 21 seconds. That's why I decided it's not as good.
"
Endactam wrote:
"
MansKokoko wrote:
"
Cyander wrote:
What do you think?

Currently doing non juiced T16s at the moment without any of the endgame items. It's not super tanky but you can take some hits. Regular pinnacle bosses are completely fine as well.

Oh, cool, finally some midle point in gearing/skill tree I can take direction to :)
"
Endactam wrote:

Well, I have in pob 5.7m PS dps (7 totems) and 956k KB dps (same 7) - it's without Wrath and Berserk (almost +90% more with them). And I have right now cap all resistances (even chaos), 30k effective hitpool, elemental max hit, and 11k phys max hit. 1.9k hp, 5.8k mana.

I got oneshotted so many times in T16s. I wouldnt say they juiced, but corrupted rare (as I need atlas points). Even without corruption only lower regenerate rate mod is rippy because of mana regenerating too slow (+967 Net Mana and +1167 Life Regen under Blood Rage effect). Mana flask not increasing this rate at all.

Even when I took non deadly shot like "-80% hp and -90% mana hit", I need "rest" about 5-10 seconds to refill hp and mana. Or another hit kill me. Bosses and OP rares (with bunch or mods/essnce + spirit) really ofthen just ignore totems and rushing to my head.

Eater was super easy for me, but Exarch was a pain because he one shot pack or totems and me and I even didn't see how (22% movement speed is nothing on boots, I need 30%+ I know).

Here is my pob currently: https://pobb.in/dmFt6RldmqHn
Maybe I do something wrong?
Here is me at 79.
https://pobb.in/_X38aeroO3Ki

I bought a stygian vise, an abyss jewel, a normal jewel, a rare wand and two rare amethyst rings.

For whatever reasons the items are dirt cheap. The wand was 15c the rest a couple of chaos each.

I don't have much time atm and I like to start the league slow. Always doing some Heist before maps. I am not doing endless Heist but I buy 2-4 contracts each level starting at level 55 up to when I am getting no more xp from heisting. Bastically I run Heist up until 80+. The contracts will give so little xp at the end that I will run out of them at some point.

That is not everyone's cup of tea but Heist is super chill. Especially on that build.

I checked. Atm I have 4.9m non boss dps without the last ascendancy and I am still missing some important nodes.

Because I got a good rare wand to start with my last PS support is now lightning pen and my last KB support is crit damage.

This might be me at 90. It shows 6.3m shaper guardian dps with level 19 zero quality gems. No alternate quality or awakened gems.

That is without Sigil of Power too.

Checking the PoB I made a mistake. I need to switch Ele Weakness to Conductivity now. Snipers Mark requires a lot of dex and cannot hold up.

I will experiment with the idea of MansKokoko and try to go for shock effect on bosses. They are the only enemies that live long enough to even see the effect. Currently shock effect is not checked and would a pretty sizable buff on top.

https://pobb.in/aRxVXj4weEuq

Depending on drop luck I will add Impossible Escape and Cluster jeweils. They can give me jewel slots and Onslaught so I can drop Dance the Offered which is really good early on. Getting Impossible Escape is big since it opens up the glove slot for eater/exarch implicts.

I cannot suggest using Hateforge+Berserk unless you have the Arcane cloak life regen helmet enchant already. On top you need really good life regen to convert that to at least 10 rage per second. 10 rage is needed to cap out on 50 rage after 5 second Berserk cooldown.

I will have 2.7k mana regen at 90 with the current PoB. That is without chugging a mana potion. On top in the first second of using Arcane Cloak the mana regen is insane thanks to the mastery.

I highly suggest taking: 10% of damage taken recouped as mana mastery and the recover 10% of mana over 1 second when you use a guard skill. Imo that 10% has to be increased by recovery rate since you can really feel it. Having many totems out at all times is needed for mana regen too. I just have KB on right click and tap it every couple of steps. The placement speed is so insane that it plots down 2 totems most of the time.

*edit* I forgot to enable Alira bandit in the PoB. I am still running with her buff. I need to switch boots/gloves out for rare pieces so I can have some more wiggle room with resistances.
Last edited by zorker on Dec 14, 2022, 8:35:53 AM
"
MansKokoko wrote:
Here is my pob currently: https://pobb.in/dmFt6RldmqHn
Maybe I do something wrong?

Your life pool is way too low IMO. 1.9k at 50% MoM means any 4k hit will kill you. I've got around 3k life at 58% MoM and it's still a little low.

Currently doing non juiced T16s at the moment without any of the endgame items. It's not super tanky but you can take some hits. Regular pinnacle bosses are completely fine as well.[/quote]

"
vildsix wrote:
Oh, cool, finally some midle point in gearing/skill tree I can take direction to :)

Got my impossible escape this morning but most of my items are self crafted except for the chaos resist ring & my crap belt. Currently sitting #2 on poe.ninja for dps so you can pull the pob from there.
Hi, first of all, great build!

Absolutely loving it.

Kinda lost on what to upgrade next or which items/jewels are next in line, want to min max the hell out of this.

Can anyone be so kind to tell me what to upgrade next in terms of price/quality?

https://pobb.in/259u54CxVOas

Thanks in advance, interested in what you guys have to say.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info