[3.23] MoM Crit Power Siphon Totem Hierophant

thanks a lot, i will be interested about doing this one for league starter :)

I tried from switching gems to a Mom hiero BL totem to this one and had real issues, but now i understand why : its an attack and not a spell :) so my test was not viable but totem survivability should have been 'ok' in both cases ^^

thanks for the answers, will probably come back a few times during the league for futures questions !

Out of all other totems builds i have looked since a few days ( icicle, BL, arc, holy flame and storm burst), this sounds the most promising to me : ive been playing with Mind over Matter since a few weeks and i enjoy it a lot, i feel more tanky than usual ' reserve all your mana' builds
"
SpreeHD wrote:
Thoughts on the fixed Vengeant Cascade as an anoint? Would lose a totem but might be massive for the build.

Thank you again for reminding me of that annoint. Imo it will be very nice for us in 3.21.

Here is the setup I am currently think of.

Anomalous Frenzy-Cast on Crit-Snipers Mark (gives us Frenzy with 3 projectiles)
Anomalous Power Siphon(21/20 for +2 projectiles)-Anomalous Barrage Support (2 pierce)
Anomalous Kinetic Blast (2 pierce)-either Divergent Fork (for 1 pierce) or Anomalous for 20% of additional projectile on Fork

The clearing setup will have pierce/fork and the bossing setup with have barrage for sequenced arrows and pierce. Both will have Snipers Mark from weaving in Frenzies.

It should be amazing.

On top for uber bosses I will change the setup in Kinetic Blast to Lightning Trap-Overchage-Trap and Mine Damage-Inspiration.

That together with the Static Blows cluster is enough for 43% shock on uber bosses and it lasts 3.6 seconds.

Currently my plan is not going for Lightning Coil in 3.21. I want to go Breathstealer+Impossible Escape+Shaper Shield. That allows for 8 totems, Watchtower annoint, Vengeant Cascade annoint and getting Panopticon from the Impossible Escape.
The Breathstealer pots will probably amazing for Cruicible and Breach. Any encounter that spawns a lot of rares in a certain area.

I will forgo Berserk gloves this time and instead of life regeneration rate on belt I might go for cooldown recovery rate. With my current plan I will get the Dynamo cluster and one recovery node of the Adamant cluster which gets Arcane Cloak to over 70% uptime.

Static Blows cluster is imo only needed for ubers. For normal mapping the Potency of Will cluster would get Arcane Cloak to over 76% uptime or I might try the Infused Flesh cluster for the first time. Sigil of Power last a super long time too.

All that is without any of the wand/shield skill trees. Oh my I am so exited for the league.

--

*edit* I am currently in the process leveling a new character in standard and rewriting the leveling guide for Armageddon Brand + Brand Recall. That technique is amazing and will allow any league start to level to 70 with zero issues while bombing everything left and right starting at level 28. The leveling build has around 20 points into Armageddon Brand which we unspec after act 10 when we have our 2 key items Mind of the Council helmet and Piscator wand.

The unique wand got changed to an Imbued Wand base in 3.21. It is an amazing starter wand. We do chaos orb vendor recipe starting at 60 buying specific Heist contracts for jewelry (Lockpicking, Perception, Counter-Thauma). That should earn us enough chaos orbs to buy both items. They should be dirt cheap. Even at league start.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-armours/mind-of-the-council-harlequin-mask
https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-weapons/piscators-vigil-tornado-wand
Just one important thing. Piscator is an Imbued Wand base in 3.21!
Last edited by zorker on Apr 5, 2023, 5:26:36 AM
hello,

first of all thanks for keeping this updated, im following closely your leveling guides :) sounds good .

. can you make a pob with lightning coil setup that you used during sanctum ? or a general 'item route ' after the lvl 90 gear with regular uniques?
thanks !

another question is how do you handle resistance cap with all those uniques and without purity ?
also how does the buil handle degen and dots in general?
Last edited by Dalrost on Apr 5, 2023, 8:42:37 AM
"
Dalrost wrote:
...can you make a pob with lightning coil setup that you used during sanctum
...how do you handle resistance cap with all those uniques and without purity ?
...how does the buil handle degen and dots in general?

I really want to play with Vengeant Cascade and the new elemental mastery in 3.21 while having 8 totems. That requires Breathstealer, Impossible Escape and a Shaper Shield. Not sure yet if I can get rid of Dance the Offered. Atm I have no room for the Onslaught medium cluster and going for Agnostic. I get values of above 20m gear with a bad wand, no Sigil, Flasks and all arrows will return for Power Siphon. I want to try it. Tankyness will be way lower than the Coil for sure.
The default 3.20 level 100 PoB from my Lightning Coil would work in 3.21. The loss of the relic means a loss of Point Blank but we get "wand trees". You can go for the 3.20 Coil version. It is still amazing.

Resistance seems fine. I am still working on the PoBs but it should be OK. I might go for Alira again at the start of 3.21. I did the same in 3.20 until I could afford really good gear. Having access to a Shaper Shield opens some options.

Degens have no chance against our MoM+Agnostic and if you want a mana potion.
Last edited by zorker on Apr 5, 2023, 9:58:09 AM
Hi, thinking about league starting and go all the way to the end game with this build, and I'm wondering how tanky would you say this build is? Is it more of a glass canon where you kill stuffs before they kill you or you can actually tank big hits?
effective hit pool is not that high but not low either as league starter, and regular gear + uniques between 5 to 10c each :

after you do the lightning coil build, it get interesting :

you basically take a lot of damage (40% i think) from cold and fire as lightning damage with the shield
but physical max hit is still low so you can get insta slapped if you dont stop moving

ofcourse this is with my current knowledge of the game and by playing mage skel build, rf jugg, BL miner , and cyclone slayer during differents leagues

so my builds generally had between 50 to 100k EhP so i dont know how much 26k can 'facetank'
I finished the new leveling guide and updated all the PoBs for 3.21.
Lets have a good league. :)
"
zorker wrote:

awesome i hope you get some good loot and have fun :)

ty for leveling section i will read it tomorrow
"
zorker wrote:

Thank you!
Small tip: you can make all leveling trees inside one pob using "Manage trees..." option in a dropdown at the bottom of the tree screen. Also, skill sets can be managed too, so you can include all things into one pob.
Quick Question:

In terms of "close to best setup" the reference for 3.21 setup for a lvl 100 is still the 3.20 setup, right? (the lightning coil setup)

I'm asking cuz I didn't see an update for a 3.21 level 100 build with optimal setup.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info