[3.19] Crackling Lance + OOS Assassin | Clear Maps Kill Bosses

Note: Build might or might not be as accessible next league depending on Lake of Kalandra making it into 3.20 due to it using Doryani's Prototype

Hi guys, long time player but I'd call myself a 'casual' in the eyes of the game :)

Had lots of fun with a Crackling Lance Assassin build and thought I'd share it with those who doesn't excel in end game crafting (like me) but is still keen to dish out some decent damage without the need to spend over 25 DIVs. I'm sure someone with more skills and experience can improve upon what's listed here!

Damage can range from 50M to 80M depending on some minor changes on the skill tree, and choosing between offensive or defensive auras. I'd like to present this build as a non-POB Warrior build, and truthfully feels like it is actually quite good. I have not tried Uber Bosses yet but I think the potential is there.

Videos

General T16 Map - https://youtu.be/IdXABF2GaAg
Minotaur T16 with random mods Run - https://youtu.be/xpjnTd_3Vig Luckily didn't die to distractions and the screen recording overlays :D

Pros and Cons

Spoiler

Pros
- Great damage for the investment
- Can be used for both mapping and bossing
- Decent and fast mapper using Orb of Storms + Crackling Lance. AOE can be huge most times and Orb of Storms chaining to most nearby mobs.
- Can 'pre-load' spell intensity for most boss fights for max damage
- Kills most bosses fast
- Doesn't die to random monster farts
- Multiple defensive layers with EB + MOM + Evasion + Armour + Damage Avoidance from Elusive
- Doesn't die running through and killing a pack of thorn monsters (at least for me, not yet :D)
- Pretty good EHP for an assassin build

Cons
- NOISE of charges going on and off all the time - had to lower sound effect volume
- Heavily reliant on Uniques
- Weak to lightning degens
- Not everyone likes Crackling Lance and Intensity playstyle
- Not a zoom zoom build, but not slow either
- Mana Siphoner AN Mobs are deadly, but in most cases you kill them before they reach you since Crackling Lance has a very long range
- Build might not be easily setup next league if Lake mechanic is not included

Cost Breakdown
Spoiler

Budget Breakdown as of 15/09/2022:

Helmet (with Max Power Charge) - 1-5 DIV
Armor - Doryani's Prototype - 6 DIV
Wand - Void Battery - 50C
Shield - Malachai's Loop - 1-10C
Amulet - Badge of The Brotherhood - 60C
Boots - Ralakesh Impatience - 1.5 DIV
Gloves with Suppression + Chaos Res - 50C
Rings - 1-2 DIV Each
Belt - Immortal Flesh - 1-10C
Enlighten - 1 -2 DIV each (I had lucky drops from Lake)
Empower - 40c - 5 DIV (Lvl 3 and above)
Awakened Spell Echo - 4-6 DIV (can use Faster Casting if needed)

Luxuries
Forbidden Flesh and Flame - 10 DIVs

My Gear Currently
Spoiler

Playstyle
Spoiler

For Mapping
Drop OOS when you see a pack coming and cast Crackling Lance towards them. This will clear the screen in front of you in most cases as the initial cast of Crackling Lance has huge aoe. Those that slipped through will be zapped by OOS. By the time you reach max intensity most mobs (including rares) would have died.

For bossing
Map bosses - You can pretty much run up to them and start casting Crackling lance and they'll die soon.

Other Bosses - Pre cast Crackling Lance a few times to get max intensity while they're talking. Activate Wrath on Divine blessing, Drop Punishment Curse and OOS, and cast Crackling away. Most will die in seconds.

Pinnacle Bosses - Pre cast Crackling Lance for max intensity, dodge their mechanics and drop punishment on them and cast away.

What Was Achieved With This Build
Spoiler

- All pinnacle bosses
- Fought the Maven for the first time yesterday (ever) and only used 2 portals due to dying to mechanics.
- Outdps and Skipped Sirus meteor and spinning laser phase
- Conquerors / Guardians / Synthesis bosses gone in seconds
- Maven's Invitations for Conquerors / Guardians / Synthesis bosses done in under 15 seconds
- Infinite Hunger killed without him initiate drowning (worst boss ever)

Build Summary / Current Character POB LVL 95
Spoiler

Build in Summary (as per current imported character POB)
https://pastebin.com/BTgTmPJX
Notes: Build can be changed to more DPS or defence depending on your preference.

DPS: 61M
Life: 3839
ES: 1356
Armour: 26k / 84% phys reduction
Evasion: 14808 / 63% evade chance
Damage Avoidance: 35%
Spell Suppression: 100%
Fire/Cold Res: 75%
Chaos Res: 58%
Shock Immune (Tempest Shield)
Freeze Immune (Pantheon)
60% Less Ignite Duration / Burning Ground Immune (Pantheon)
11 Power Charges
11 Frenzy Charges

Defensive Layers
EB + MOM
Elusive at 35% avoidance chance (high uptime)
Life leech + Regen
ES leech

Before Buff and Flasks

After Buff and Flasks

Upcoming Changes Planned For Build and LVL 100 POB

- Watcher's Eye for Determination (+Phys dmg reduction) + Zealotry (Arcane Surge)
- Mana reservation helm enchant for Grace or Determination
Forbidden Jewels - Soul Drinker
This will provide more physical defence reduction + Arcane Surge and the ability to use Energy Leech gem.

This will bring Physical Damage Reduction to 90% and Damage to 80M with more cast speed and ES overleech.

This POB has some notes included and a DPS Tree - 80m DPS and Defensive Tree - 70m DPS

https://pastebin.com/cLdANAxe

Last bumped on Dec 4, 2022, 8:01:51 AM
thank you! I've been looking for this building for a long time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info