Hard to read PoE UI from a distance on console (PS4/PS5)

Dear GGG,

As a console user, I typically sit on my sofa approximately 2 metres from my 37-inch HD TV to play games in my living room. Normally, this is perfectly fine, however, whenever I try to play PoE on my PS5, most of the UI typography is illegible from this distance.

I once downloaded PoE over a year ago to try it out and immediately deleted it due to the illegibility of the game. I'm now giving it a second chance and the only way to enjoy the gameplay is to sit at least 1 metre away from the TV. This is not always ideal and therefore I can only play PoE when I have the room (which is shared with my family) all to myself.

I can understand why the game looks how it does because I assume that it was initially created solely for the PC, and most PC users sit less than 1 metre from their screens.

I would love to see the game be updated with adequate UI scaling so that the typography is legible at 2 metres. This is something that the Minecraft Bedrock edition update did very well.

PoE is getting more traction with console players but it has not really been optimised for console. Please can you include this issue in your development road map so that PoE 1 and 2 can be enjoyed thoroughly by console and PC gamers alike?

Thanks.

Kind regards

Shutterant

Last edited by shutterant on Sep 7, 2022, 10:01:34 AM
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2023, 1:07:22 AM
Yes, dude! I really was excited to play it, but immediately had to give up once I realized I couldn't enlarge text in options. Basically same setup as you, and some games are harder to read than others but this is literally unplayable. Glad someone else experienced this, I just chalked it up to being blind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info