When is diablo 4 coming out?

I have seen a book will be published in april 2023.
Under the title: "Diablo 4: "Book of Lorath"

And diablo 4 should came out in the year 2023 but without any concred date ...
i would wish Blizzard that D4 will become good but im pretty salty XD
"
w33do_ndy wrote:
Don´t call it blizzard. its like youre calling the bad wolf grandma. its activision and you should really not give them any more money untill they make games fun again and not pay2play2win.
blizzard made great games, but these times are over. hopeing for blizzard is like hopeing for santa clauss to come, ITS A LIE.

I know, I feel the same way. But GGG is failing us hard. and they still have loot boxes and hold back good MTX to sell it to us 30 bucks a piece.

So someone is gonna have to take my money so I'm not super bored. At least there is a chance that Diablo4 might be fun. I lost all hope with POE.
D4 isnt comong soon enough to get us out of this nightmare of a league
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Sep 7, 2022, 9:51:38 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

D4 has smart loot and no free trading for highest tier items. For true ARPG-fans this means dead-on-arrival-game.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

D4 has smart loot and no free trading for highest tier items. For true ARPG-fans this means dead-on-arrival-game.

"D4 Dead on Arrival" this comment will age like milk.

And who the fuck are "true arpg fans"? Is there a test or membership for this club? You dont speak for anyone but yourself. Millions will play D4 regardless of whatever benchmark you have, and there will be many PoE players that depart. We will see the numbers in real time thanks to Steam. Likely gonna be brutal, but let's see how it goes.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

"D4 Dead on Arrival" this comment will age like milk.

And who the fuck are "true arpg fans"? Is there a test or membership for this club? You dont speak for anyone but yourself. Millions will play D4 regardless of whatever benchmark you have, and there will be many PoE players that depart. We will see the numbers in real time thanks to Steam. Likely gonna be brutal, but let's see how it goes.

Dont waste your time. These negative andys will likely play D4 as well for weeks and find it good but then complain on the PoE forums get attention.

Anyways cant wait till it releases. Diablo had always superior game flow, aesthetics, QoL features but the big downside where the over simplyfied items and (non) skill tree and non endgame content besides G-Rifts. All of these seem to be improved.

Even if not as big as POEs (no wonder after one decade of expansions) the initial endgame content should be a somewhat satisfying experience for an intial release with these Key-Dungeons,World bosses ,open PvP areas,etc.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 21, 2022, 6:17:51 PM
I am inclined to agree with first half 2023. They've really accelerated the testing, and absolutely want to get it out the door asap.

I am ambivalent when it comes to smart loot. On the one hand, it makes alting much harder and less attractive, since you're not finding great gear that is utterly useless to your current character and so goes into the stash for another day. On the other, it makes alting much harder and less attractive SO I tend to stick to one or two characters and push them harder and further.

As for trading, meh. A properly balanced ARPG shouldn't need it. PoE's obstinate reliance on it to justify astronomical difficulty has really done a number of Exiles' heads as far as what an ARPG can or even should be, I think. After all, 'SSF' is considered a self-handicap where in MOST ARPGs, it's almost the norm. Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Diablo 2, Sacred 2, Torchlight 1 (didn't even have multiplayer!), D3, Inquisitor Martyr, Last Epoch, and Wolcen *all* play just fine 'SSF'. I'd say the only real impact trade had on D2's balance for most of its original lifespan was the proliferation of SoJs forcing Blizzard to figure out a sink for them, and even then that was as much the result of duping as it was trading.

So yeah, the notion that 'no trade' means 'not for true ARPG fans' is a real eye-roller.

My personal interest is contingent on Microsoft's acquisition of ATVI and how much house-cleaning that leads to. Kotick's lingering like a very bad smell is not a good look. BUT I do appreciate that the leads on D4 are huge D2 fans and everything we've seen so far lends itself to a mix of D2 and GW2. Lost Ark is the easy comparison but its burden of Korean p2w is impossible to ignore. I have no problem with cosmetic mtxes in a game as product/service hybrid -- they're in Division 2, they're in Inquisitor Martyr, they're in Last Epoch, and so on. I think we just have to acknowledge the the cost of running a game as product/service hybrid far exceeds the profit made from unit sales, and cosmetic mtxes help there. Of course I wouldn't expect them to sell anywhere near as well as mtxes in free to play games as service, for fairly obvious reasons.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 21, 2022, 7:26:12 PM
"

As for trading, meh. A properly balanced ARPG shouldn't need it. PoE's obstinate reliance on it to justify astronomical difficulty has really done a number of Exiles' heads as far as what an ARPG can or even should be, I think. After all, 'SSF' is considered a self-handicap where in MOST ARPGs, it's almost the norm. Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Diablo 2, Sacred 2, Torchlight 1 (didn't even have multiplayer!), D3, Inquisitor Martyr, Last Epoch, and Wolcen *all* play just fine 'SSF'. I'd say the only real impact trade had on D2's balance for most of its original lifespan was the proliferation of SoJs forcing Blizzard to figure out a sink for them, and even then that was as much the result of duping as it was trading.

So yeah, the notion that 'no trade' means 'not for true ARPG fans' is a real eye-roller.

Yeah it is true you can play Diablo 2 as a singleplayer game but the same applies to POE's campaign. Actually it is because of trading, Diablo 2 still has a significant playerbase.

Free trade has been part of oldschool online rpg's like Tibia, Ultima Online, Runescape, EVE Online. Online RPG's that are far from dead. Free Trading is an essential ingredient, just like PVP.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"

I am ambivalent when it comes to smart loot. On the one hand, it makes alting much harder and less attractive, since you're not finding great gear that is utterly useless to your current character and so goes into the stash for another day. On the other, it makes alting much harder and less attractive SO I tend to stick to one or two characters and push them harder and further.

Its interesting because when I do make an alt, one of the main appeals is the different leveling experience, gameplay, and figuring out the build as it goes along.

Being able to pre-farm all the gear for the alt on your main, and then just hitting level breakpoints to equip, for me, it's just not ideal. Finding one amazing item that inspires a new build? Awesome. Having everything in advance? ehh not so much.

That's one reason why I like thematic sets that Diablo is famous for (or infamous if you hate it). Its also one of the biggest divergences from this game. The individuality and roleplay of an archetype vanishes in PoE. Anyone can be anything. I think that's bland design, behind the guise of "nearly limitless" flexibility.

I actually wish PoE focused more on options to specialize in the ascendancy trees, further customizing builds by class. I know some folks dont like this, but for me, the Witch Necro should be the "best minion summoner", the Juggernaut should be the tankiest / mitigator, the Ranger should be the best Bow/Range character, etc...

Anyways, back to the smart loot. I prefer it. I think GGG has jumped the shark in terms of layered rng, gambling, random craft slams, and lottery loot. It's just too much for most people. Some determinism is good, but GGG hates it. They think people will quit if they are not punished, which is such a bizzare philosophy.

I guess we will see when there is actually legit competition in place.
- Abraham Lincoln
"
I am inclined to agree with first half 2023. They've really accelerated the testing, and absolutely want to get it out the door asap.

My personal interest is contingent on Microsoft's acquisition of ATVI and how much house-cleaning that leads to. Kotick's lingering like a very bad smell is not a good look. BUT I do appreciate that the leads on D4 are huge D2 fans and everything we've seen so far lends itself to a mix of D2 and GW2. Lost Ark is the easy comparison but its burden of Korean p2w is impossible to ignore. I have no problem with cosmetic mtxes in a game as product/service hybrid -- they're in Division 2, they're in Inquisitor Martyr, they're in Last Epoch, and so on. I think we just have to acknowledge the the cost of running a game as product/service hybrid far exceeds the profit made from unit sales, and cosmetic mtxes help there. Of course I wouldn't expect them to sell anywhere near as well as mtxes in free to play games as service, for fairly obvious reasons.

Here i understood how bad ur thinking is.

THE SCARSITY OF THE DROPS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME BALANCE.
If the items drops 1/1000 instead 1/1000000 the game itself will die fast.
Because everyone will have everything.
Trading is absolutely needed for filling the non found gap items.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Nov 22, 2022, 6:46:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info