What is the new Trickster good for?

I love how it plays, but every build I've poked at is better with a different ascendency. ("better" is nebulous and encompasses many things, but maybe we can dumb it down to simple "most damage while remaining alive").

It is maybe the best CI ascendency, but outside of being a great tank it's kinda mediocre.

Has anyone discovered a skill/build/strategy that is "best" with Trickster over any other ascendency?
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2022, 1:43:42 PM
I will say that GMP Soulrend CI is fun in maps with the 108% movement, Polymath, and the ES regen on spell suppress. Fun to the point where it makes up for having less dmg than an Occultist.
Been playing around with it in my typical 'lets play CI Dual Strike Daggers every league I come back to this game' casual play through. Outside of needing some form of stun avoidance (which you can get 100% from your passive tree with some investment), its been pretty fun.

Kind of curious to see how far I get with it as I optimize the tree build as I get equipment.
Let me know how it goes. I continue to be impressed with how tanky the class is for a CI build. I suspect it may get nerfed. I'm just entering red maps now.
Pretty damn tanky and starting yellow maps. Definitely hold off on Polymath and grab One Step Ahead first, ignoring the most annoying Archnemesis features and elemental condition is just amazing.

Got a Restless Ward which bumped my ES to 4.5k with about 75% dodge chance running grace and discipline, so I'm able to leech tank 95% of what I've found just starting yellow maps and delves without any investment in the spell leech node yet, which would nearly double my maximum leech with the mastery. Ghost Shroud giving me back ~300 ES nearly every time I'm hit and the 2% ES recovery per kill from the notable in the shadow region keeps me going through packs pretty easily.

Damage is pretty slow right now, not enough investment and not the best weapons (could probably double my DPS by just buying a pair of Binos' or something, but what's the fun in that?). Definitely a lot of optimiziation I can do like reclaiming ~15 passive points invested in the ranger area for 20% stun ignore and spell suppression could be pivoted towards the other spell suppression node and more damage (or I could grab the ~24% spell suppression from gear, but I'm mostly just using what I've found so far with only limited crafting) or a jewel cluster.

That and still using a four link doesn't help at all, lol.
Playing LL RF and he's a god...
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info