anyone else bored because of no drops and no way to progress?

i dont see any point in playing when i cant even get currency to roll maps...
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2022, 5:19:22 AM
Thanks to work and rl constraint I started a tad late still had a smooth start. I even got a EX and 20ish chaos during the acts and it was a smooth sailing until higher yellow tier maps. There I ran out of Alchs as Kirac asked for more than I could make...
Still progressed by micro managing whatever currency I had left up into early reds where I encountered "literally everything wrong with this game condensed into one map!" It was the lava lake map with some eeew but doable mods after vaaling. Ran the map no problem, a little slow and squishy but OK no problem, I can play careful around the more dangerous AN mobs... well except there where no drops, not even the plenty 3 mod AN rares gave anything worth picking up. And then the pure horrer:
Kitava boss himself! He would not have been the problem but the Kitava minions armed with nasty combos of AN mods flooded the boss room which is already filled by Kitavas attacks... This is neither challenging entertaining or fun, this is just plain. bad.

Long story short, cant be bothered to continue the game as it is. I may level a witch to try the new skill but unless something changes I will play and financially support another game.
Last edited by MaxW81 on Aug 28, 2022, 11:46:36 AM
It was a bit harder to get through campaign. I had a Divine Drop in Act6 but thats it (Ive tried to trade it, nobody wants it no matter what pricing). Then I had to buy some boots in Act9 because mine were still from Act2 and no way to upgrade, it cost my 5c i got through the whole campaign. So I started with very few currency into the maps and hitted the wall. No connected map drops, very low currency drops and I felt frustrated by only running the same maps over and over again with nearly to zero progress for my character and nothing to upgrade gear in a propper way. Man, I got so bored. I never thought this will happen to me in PoE. On Sunday I decided to quit (the League or forever?).
it's not that dramatic. The game is pretty similar for the average alc and go player.

On PS4 you literally cannot fully juice maps like they do on PC, it's not possible due to the limitations and you'll just crash or get 0-1 frames per second which means you'll just die.

I'm not saying I love the change, it's more noticable after doing a blight or an alva, nothing really drops when there used to be a loot explosion at the end. But it's not like how they are saying it is on reddit.

How do people not have enough alchemy to roll maps? The league mechanic is pretty garbage though and not that interesting and not that fun. I doubt I'll go too hard in this league.

As long as I like my build and I like the league mechanic that's what keeps me going in leagues. Lake of Kalandra is cumbersome to do and pretty meh. It's not even really a new mechanic, you just put old mechanics from good leagues into it and do those.
anton... some of us have the crappiest luck on this game. last league i had 5 lvl 90+ toons and still had not even dropped a single ex. taking loot from people like us is literally taking our way to progress. i still cannot roll maps and have one map drop maybe every 2 to 3 maps but its not higher or connected so i just keep getting the same maps over and over.
You can clearly notice how many players left the league by looking into the marked tabs. And stuff sitting on 1EX last league now are charged for 6 divs because there is no supply....
"
itz TAXI wrote:
anton... some of us have the crappiest luck on this game. last league i had 5 lvl 90+ toons and still had not even dropped a single ex. taking loot from people like us is literally taking our way to progress. i still cannot roll maps and have one map drop maybe every 2 to 3 maps but its not higher or connected so i just keep getting the same maps over and over.

the league is definitely dead and I'm done with it and that does make it harder to make currency. Nobody playing, nobody buying. But it's not hard to get enough alchemy and even chisels to roll maps. You gotta take advantage of kirac early game to get your maps too and set up the passive tree for early game. I didn't have any problems with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info