[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Snowbliz wrote:
Hi,

cannot play the next league

My notebook is lagging too much.

I installed POE and Windows new, but now it is worse than before.

Just tried to level a trickster, but died at Vaal like 8 times, because its lagging too much and I cannot see what he does.

Gl to you all in the next league

did you try running in vulkan graphics mode? this REALLY helped me
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"
Snowbliz wrote:
Hi,

cannot play the next league

My notebook is lagging too much.

I installed POE and Windows new, but now it is worse than before.

Just tried to level a trickster, but died at Vaal like 8 times, because its lagging too much and I cannot see what he does.

Gl to you all in the next league

did you try running in vulkan graphics mode? this REALLY helped me

No, I didnt do that

How do you do that?
"
Snowbliz wrote:

How do you do that?

in options - graphics (or video?) settings where it says what to use. it probably says some derivation of Direct X. in the drop down will be a vulkan option. it really helped me
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"
Snowbliz wrote:

How do you do that?

in options - graphics (or video?) settings where it says what to use. it probably says some derivation of Direct X. in the drop down will be a vulkan option. it really helped me

found it but still have alot of lag:(
"
jjmccaw wrote:
ok so with the bonechill revelation - https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ze3j3r/bigger_psa_its_not_just_combustion_support/

what does that mean exactly here? since our vortex is lvl 1, the bonechill buff doesnt apply to our ice storm i guess? does that render vortex useless? wonder if we are better off with another skill (frost bomb to lower regen + cull?)

edit
realizing FB would interact poorly with WoC since we can't double exposure. so i'm not really sure

It appears the bonechill effect may be unintended and a bug. I'm not going to worry about it.

------------

Yes, it's a bug and will be fixed in a patch after 3.20 release.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 7, 2022, 3:00:27 AM
"
jjmccaw wrote:
ok so with the bonechill revelation - https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ze3j3r/bigger_psa_its_not_just_combustion_support/

what does that mean exactly here? since our vortex is lvl 1, the bonechill buff doesnt apply to our ice storm i guess? does that render vortex useless? wonder if we are better off with another skill (frost bomb to lower regen + cull?)

edit
realizing FB would interact poorly with WoC since we can't double exposure. so i'm not really sure

We use vortex to apply chill, I don't think using frostbomb will be worth it as with vortex we insta chill, while with frostbomb theres a delay and a DPS loss.
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
jjmccaw wrote:

edit

We use vortex to apply chill, I don't think using frostbomb will be worth it as with vortex we insta chill, while with frostbomb theres a delay and a DPS loss.

my perhaps incorrect understanding was that the ice storm itself produces chill, making the vortex/bonechill chill moot. however as mentioned above, this is getting patched out, so all good.
I'm thinking about leveling with a lightning skill myself. Maybe Spark or Arc? I prefer the added damage from shock or ignite over the speed reduction of chill during leveling and the leveling tree is already in the vicinity of each element's nodes. It's only a matter or taking lightning at the top of the tree instead of cold damage and it's only 5-9 points to respec to the cold damage nodes, if at all necessary (depending on the moment of the switch to Ice Storm, as those nodes are not used by the final tree). Might take a look at the available skill gems Friday and wing it.
"
Snowbliz wrote:
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"
Snowbliz wrote:

How do you do that?

found it but still have alot of lag:(

That's very unfortunate. I've read on the subreddit that some people turned off some sound setting (not 0% volume, entirely turned off, else the game still processes them) and that it strangely helped quite a lot with lag. It seems the sound engine is not optimized at all and it draws a lot of juice. Have you tried completely disabling the game's music or sound effects? There should be some threads about it.
Planning to update this guide?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info