[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

thanks for ideas

the only idea i have is to try a anule for removing a prefix and craft suffixes cannot be changed. Then use dense fossils. Did that work ?

First off, want to say huge thank you to Graiaule and HoloSemmy. Your replies were so detailed and easy to follow.

I've made a lot of the updates you suggested (and drained my bank lol).

https://pastebin.com/WgE80LsB

The armour is going to take a bit longer I guess. Should I just start spite spamming a Sadist Garb again, or should I be trying to buy something that's close enough with open Suffixes. Couldn't find anything that quite fit the bill, but I imagine it'll crop up.

As for the different gem setup, basically I found that I only really care about cursing strong AN Rares and Uniques. Everything else dies instantly anyway. Since AN Rares and Uniques I want to get Bone Chill on anyway, I figured I could just trigger those with Vortex too. This frees up several gem slots that I didn't know what to do with.

I ended up going with Vitality because A) Divergent Vitality gives 4% increased damage and B) ES Regen is really nice, both for delving (I don't have an ES on hit Watcher's Eye yet), as well as for wading through random degen damage on the ground. And, Defiance Banner I picked up because it was the only thing I could drop in that slot that wouldn't throw me into negative mana.
"
Subdue121 wrote:
First off, want to say huge thank you to Graiaule and HoloSemmy. Your replies were so detailed and easy to follow.

I've made a lot of the updates you suggested (and drained my bank lol).

https://pastebin.com/WgE80LsB

The armour is going to take a bit longer I guess. Should I just start spite spamming a Sadist Garb again, or should I be trying to buy something that's close enough with open Suffixes. Couldn't find anything that quite fit the bill, but I imagine it'll crop up.

As for the different gem setup, basically I found that I only really care about cursing strong AN Rares and Uniques. Everything else dies instantly anyway. Since AN Rares and Uniques I want to get Bone Chill on anyway, I figured I could just trigger those with Vortex too. This frees up several gem slots that I didn't know what to do with.

I ended up going with Vitality because A) Divergent Vitality gives 4% increased damage and B) ES Regen is really nice, both for delving (I don't have an ES on hit Watcher's Eye yet), as well as for wading through random degen damage on the ground. And, Defiance Banner I picked up because it was the only thing I could drop in that slot that wouldn't throw me into negative mana.

Body armor cost me a lot because I'm not having much luck. You can try whatever you can.
And also try to upgrade your helmet to higher es.

But other than that, I think you should upgrade your amulet first, you can check my character, I just bought the amulet with T1 all ability and T1 int, and two other unimportant mods. Craft 3rd unimportant mod, and then use the Reflection of Kalandra (Difficulty 10). This shouldn't cost you much, (I spent about 1.5 div)and it's perfectly available as a bis.

I think your damage is enough for most of the content, just need to improve some defense(es), for example you can buy a Watcher's Eye only with"Gain (6-9)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity" mod, they are very cheap if I remember correctly

Also, if you have problems with mana, it might be a good idea to use "Mana Mastery: Damage taken recouped as mana" instead of "Clarity Mana Reservation" since you have a good helmet enchant.

As for some other minor adjustments (like using Vitality), I don't think they are important(I mean they don't affect how the whole build works), just choose what you like and reasonable.

----------
Btw, I'm surprised that I never seem to see anyone here suffering from the curse of silence, I was chased by a monster with the curse of silence for two screens Lmao.
If you need a Fertile Mind with 24 int and "cannot be Cursed with Silence" mod, no worries, just pm me in game, I still have one in my storage box

Last edited by HoloSemmy on Sep 24, 2022, 5:03:06 PM
"
King_Haart wrote:

It's already Influenced so don't do that, you will by very unlikely to be able to get the % Int plus other mods through a random roll. Once it's Influenced that's as good as you get without starting again with Alt spam.

D'oh, I missed it was already influenced. My bad.
CRAFTING AN ÜBER ASTRAMENTIS

----------------------------------

This league only, sadly.

Attempt #4. This was a 50% chance to hit something with NO DOWNSIDES. The elemental I just threw in as a free attempt at a value increase (i.e., that may sell to a int melee stacker for 30+ div.) Total outlay 14 div, most spent in learning how to do this. Your expected cost should be around 6 div.

Crafting technique:

1. Find a fractured lapis amulet with 35 to all attrs as the fractured mod.

2. Scour, qual it to 20% (10x catalysts), blessed until the implicit is maxed.

3. Deafening spites until you hit 68-69 int, and 2-4 other affixes you do not care about. Feel free to craft an affix or not -- it should make no difference to the 50% chance to hit the 2+ you need.

4. Pay 2.5+ div for a difficulty 12 (or higher) reflection of Kalandra.

Do not try to win big, the chance to hit 3+ on 3 specific affixes is either 10% or 12.5%, and if you miss you've either really bricked the piece or kind of bricked it. I didn't care whether I hit elemental, so naturally it hit...

FYI, this was my first attempt, when I thought it was a good idea to have 6 good affixes:

As a point of comparison, a 10%/14%/1 dam per 15 int/28 int amulet is about 3% more dps than the amulets here and likely far more expensive to craft (and you'd have to get str/dex somehow also.)

It does not appear worthwhile to attempt to craft a ring this way, as you want int and one T1 elemental resist. So you'd have to find a T1 resist ring, then roll spite until you hit +all attributes and no other good rolls. That seems more painful, especially as 150 int/90 resist rings are fairly common on trade -- for well under 2 div.
Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 25, 2022, 4:31:09 PM
Rerolled to this build after a failed selfmade build.

I'm blasting through t16s with ease. I rarely die and can do endgame bosses, yay. Check LazyKitty in my characters tab if you are curious. I feel like the character is still not maxed out though. I have 1609 int currently and 8k ES.

This is a pretty fun and smooth build, that's really tanky. I think I spent around 8 div on my char and it feels comfortable.

Thanks for the guide!
Last edited by littlezoe on Sep 25, 2022, 11:11:34 AM
"
littlezoe wrote:

I'm blasting through t16s with ease. I rarely die and can do endgame bosses, yay. Check LazyKitty in my characters tab if you are curious. I feel like the character is still not maxed out though. I have 1609 int currently and 8k ES.

This is a pretty fun and smooth build, that's really tanky. I think I spent around 8 div on my char and it feels comfortable.

Thanks for the guide!

Next upgrade for you would probably be a couple of cheaper Int + whatever (evasion maybe?) jewels and reroute your tree to take advantage of those, once your Int gets to the 2.2k+ range things start getting *very* powerful.

But yeah, this is a pretty good budget-scaling build as it turns out, though it'd be better if the market had more options or crafting wasn't such a gamble right now.

I'm up on 2.4k Int and just got the two Forbidden jewels, if you look out and are online at the right times (about now seems good, 12 hours ago really wasn't) you should be able to get both for ~7 div total or even a bit less.
Last edited by King_Haart on Sep 25, 2022, 1:19:47 PM
"
littlezoe wrote:

Thanks for the guide!

Your character looks a bit "entry" at the moment, I recognize that glove, I sold it to you before :D. I've been selling quite a few basic items for builds lately, as I'm not going to continue upgrade my character anymore .

Regarding your character, I think you should start with the cheap ones, rings - amulet - change your belt - craft a helmet, in the meantime get a cheap body armour (someone shared how to get them cheaply in the previous pages) .
Also, level up your character as soon as possible, my personal experience is: ability stack builds usually need to go after a certain level to feel good, then modify your passive tree to be the main build, honestly the tree for leveling given by Kelvynn Not suitable for some people, of course it depends on you.

Also, regarding your gloves, I can offer some low-level Eldritch currency to help with craft damage per Int mod, I'm just too lazy to sell them and I can't use them myself, you can think of it as after-sales service :D, until you get A glove with a T1 Int

----------
I thank Kelvynn as much as you, I tried this build for the first time in 3.5 Betrayal league (occ version), it was cheap and tanky, and I was very impressed. Even though it doesn't suit my playstyle, I've occasionally recommended it to beginners for so long. Recently I wanted to play it again, so I followed the trickster version, still rock solid ,can do whatever I want, most of my challenges in this league are done with this character.
Last edited by HoloSemmy on Sep 25, 2022, 8:54:02 PM
Hello,

Is there a guide progression for this character? it will be my 2nd one for the league so it would be helpful if there's a guide on how to get started and end game for this build..

Than kyou
"
HoloSemmy wrote:
"
littlezoe wrote:

Thanks for the guide!

Your character looks a bit "entry" at the moment, I recognize that glove, I sold it to you before :D. I've been selling quite a few basic items for builds lately, as I'm not going to continue upgrade my character anymore .

Regarding your character, I think you should start with the cheap ones, rings - amulet - change your belt - craft a helmet, in the meantime get a cheap body armour (someone shared how to get them cheaply in the previous pages) .
Also, level up your character as soon as possible, my personal experience is: ability stack builds usually need to go after a certain level to feel good, then modify your passive tree to be the main build, honestly the tree for leveling given by Kelvynn Not suitable for some people, of course it depends on you.

Also, regarding your gloves, I can offer some low-level Eldritch currency to help with craft damage per Int mod, I'm just too lazy to sell them and I can't use them myself, you can think of it as after-sales service :D, until you get A glove with a T1 Int

----------
I thank Kelvynn as much as you, I tried this build for the first time in 3.5 Betrayal league (occ version), it was cheap and tanky, and I was very impressed. Even though it doesn't suit my playstyle, I've occasionally recommended it to beginners for so long. Recently I wanted to play it again, so I followed the trickster version, still rock solid ,can do whatever I want, most of my challenges in this league are done with this character.

My character is lvl 91 currently and some of my items are my endgame items, like my body armour.
I do have to change some of my gear. But some has life on it because all the other mods were relevant for me.
I'm not sure how long I'll play the league, so we'll see if I get around to crafting.
Last edited by littlezoe on Sep 26, 2022, 1:43:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info