[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Super excited to start 3.24 with this, amazing work by everyone involved here.

I normally play SSFHC exclusively and rip at some point but I thought I might try something elsethis time, push the endgame and experience the whole game but I´m not 100% sure yet.

Any opinions on how this build will perform in the below environments? How hard is it to get it going? I don´t mind being patient...

A) SSFHC
B) SSFSC
C) Trade HC

Thanks
Benjo
Last edited by Supp0rtguy on Mar 28, 2024, 12:56:02 AM
"
Supp0rtguy wrote:

I normally play SSFHC exclusively and rip at some point but I thought I might try something elsethis time, push the endgame and experience the whole game but I´m not 100% sure yet.

Any opinions on how this build will perform in the below environments? How hard is it to get it going? I don´t mind being patient...

A) SSFHC
B) SSFSC
C) Trade HC

Thanks
Benjo

It is harder to get the staff in SSF nowadays. You can check the advice people gave for farming the staff (see page 291, around Nov 12, 2023).
This means you likely need to find an SSFHC viable shadow build to reach early mapping first.
"
vbvan wrote:

It is harder to get the staff in SSF nowadays. You can check the advice people gave for farming the staff (see page 291, around Nov 12, 2023).
This means you likely need to find an SSFHC viable shadow build to reach early mapping first.

Thanks, already checked that, makes sense to me. Beside getting the staff, will this build survive with SSF gear in HC? The budget POB seems to have super weak EHP but I may be wrong...
It's been a few years since I played Whispering Ice (not since the storm cap rework), but coming back to it this league. I ran so much juiced content last league that I'm looking for something more relaxed and bossing focused.

Good luck on league start Friday!
"
Supp0rtguy wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:

Thanks, already checked that, makes sense to me. Beside getting the staff, will this build survive with SSF gear in HC? The budget POB seems to have super weak EHP but I may be wrong...

There are only 1 character in SSFHC Affliction and 6 characters in SSFHC Ancestor (based on poe.ninja).
Most have around 6K~7K EHP. This isn't safe enough to survive one-shot IMO.
However, these characters have very bad gears too. Farming the decent ES+Int gears and the alternative uniques (amulet, belt and maybe also the boot which could drop when you farm the oil) before the transition to this build is probably important for HC.

It is simpler for non-HC as you can progressively improve the gears.
"
vbvan wrote:
"
Supp0rtguy wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:

There are only 1 character in SSFHC Affliction and 6 characters in SSFHC Ancestor (based on poe.ninja).
Most have around 6K~7K EHP. This isn't safe enough to survive one-shot IMO.
However, these characters have very bad gears too. Farming the decent ES+Int gears and the alternative uniques (amulet, belt and maybe also the boot which could drop when you farm the oil) before the transition to this build is probably important for HC.

It is simpler for non-HC as you can progressively improve the gears.

Thanks a lot for your perspective, I´m now steering towards SSFSC or Trade SC.
"
vbvan wrote:
"
Supp0rtguy wrote:

A) SSFHC
B) SSFSC
C) Trade HC

Thanks
Benjo

I built this twice in SSF. The staves are hell to farm. Last league I dropped two Brass Domes, two Prism Guardians, Aegis Aurora and multiple other such rarer uniques before I got a second staff.

You also can forget about synth belt and rings, or Split personalities.

Realistically, it's a good second build in SSF, and a great league starter in trade league.

I really wouldn't play this in SSFHC, because the items that take it into immortal territory are not realistically farmable.
I've read back and I still can't understand how this build will work with automaton if Icestorm isn't an instant cast.
Now granted I am recovering from having a broken arm and I am on strong painkillers but I am very confused and might be misunderstanding things!
Help? Is this build still going to work? I don't want to change!
Edit: Yeah i think i'm being dumb. I thought CwC was being removed.
Last edited by Haeilvi on Mar 28, 2024, 7:23:08 AM
Just in case I'm missing something.. the ascendency notes say:

1. Heartstopper
2. Escape Artist
3. Soul Drinker
4. Polymath

which I took to be in order given they're numbered. Surely for SC heartstopper is 4th no?
"
Robbbb wrote:
Just in case I'm missing something.. the ascendency notes say:

1. Heartstopper
2. Escape Artist
3. Soul Drinker
4. Polymath

which I took to be in order given they're numbered. Surely for SC heartstopper is 4th no?

Indeed, you start with Polymath and Heartstopped is last.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info