[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Firestrike9 wrote:

I explained how to craft the helmet deterministically a few pages back:

1.buy ilvl 75-79 Hubris Circlet with no influence.
2.Spam it with Essence of Spite until it has good Energy shield rolls and 1 Open Suffix, bonus if you get a good resist on it.
3.If you dont have full prefixes, craft a prefix so you are full.
4. You should now have 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes - use a Hunter's Exalted Orb to gurantee one of two mods on the helm: 6-8% Increased Int or 9-10% Increased int.

One small correction: you want at least ilvl 75 to ensure you can hit the T1 % int.
Would you recommend running Ghost Reaver for Heists, seeing as we almost always are fighting mobs from the moment we get the artefact?

Asking because I have not specced into it so far (and don't plan to for a while because you made a good point Graiaule) but it seems like leeching off mobs as you just cyclone to the end (especially when you need to open a door and the enemies stack behind them) seems better than just relying on ES speedy recharge.

I am yet not sure if I want to dabble in Heist this league with the AN RNG. It usually yields pretty good chunk of amulets and rings for Chaos Recipe and decent currency but my experience with the Divine loss a few years ago soured my view a little.
@Bellaluna: you don't need Ghost Reaver to leech from mobs. The choice is:

1. With Ghost Reaver: no regen, twice the leech cap
2. Without Ghost Reaver: regen, normal leech cap

I do level 83 heists all the time with no Ghost Reaver; you'll be fine. I haven't died in a heist at all in the last three leagues.

I'm glad you've put your loss of the divine so many years in the past. Just so you know, the experience from mobs after the alarm goes off is apparently reduced. I don't bother to kill them all -- I just move as fast as I can and get out.

Finally, regarding the stacked enemies: frostblink past them -- their ranged attacks will then end up behind you and will miss you. Otherwise, you can easily get shotgunned and die.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 30, 2022, 1:47:29 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Bellaluna: you don't need Ghost Reaver to leech from mobs. The choice is:

1. With Ghost Reaver: no regen, twice the leech cap
2. Without Ghost Reaver: regen, normal leech cap

I do level 83 heists all the time with no Ghost Reaver; you'll be fine. I haven't died in a heist at all in the last three leagues.

I'm glad you've put your loss of the divine so many years in the past. Just so you know, the experience from mobs after the alarm goes off is apparently reduced. I don't bother to kill them all -- I just move as fast as I can and get out.

Finally, regarding the stacked enemies: frostblink past them -- their ranged attacks will then end up behind you and will miss you. Otherwise, you can easily get shotgunned and die.

Alright, I'll go without. I haven't touched Heist since my loss so time to try it again.

Thanks so much!
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

2.Spam it with Essence of Spite until it has good Energy shield rolls and 1 Open Suffix, bonus if you get a good resist on it.
4. You should now have 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes - use a Hunter's Exalted Orb to gurantee one of two mods on the helm: 6-8% Increased Int or 9-10% Increased int.

One small correction: you want at least ilvl 75 to ensure you can hit the T1 % int.

In step one I wrote the ilvl needs to be 75-79.
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

In step one I wrote the ilvl needs to be 75-79.

I edited the quote from you to correct it 8-).
My damage feels really, really low, like, can't finish Alva on time in T1 maps low.

What would be my biggest upgrade at the moment to boost my DPS?

Thanks!
"
Vorret wrote:
My damage feels really, really low, like, can't finish Alva on time in T1 maps low.

What would be my biggest upgrade at the moment to boost my DPS?

Thanks!

1. 6S your staves. This league we're swimming in jeweler orbs, so (a) go buy a 17% or 18% staff; 20% qual it; then spam jewelers until it is 6S. Then add the extra dps skill gem.

2. Depending on your wealth, either buy an 18% string of servitude (4c) or a 15% increased int synthesized belt (120c now sadly.) https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/7Ze0R8lS5 or https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/7ZVpkyH5. The synthesized belt is your endgame item -- scour it, apply 4 intrinsic catalysts to 20% qual it, then slam with deafening essences of spite until you get a belt with good resists.

3. Select sockets on your passive tree and put jewels in them. Look for 23% or better brute force gems first. You'll also need 1 fertile mind 23% for later.
"
Smerte wrote:
Do I have to have some added cold damage to spells in some of my gear to make Phantasmal Wave of Conviction to proc Cold exposure? At 20Q its converting 20% of physical damage into cold (25% for both fire and lightning), so my WoC atleast according to the tooltip is still dealing more lightning and fire damage than cold damage

No need for any additional sources. PWoC works off the final damage done. Your cold damage scales a whole lot higher than any other type. That 20% converted by it end up being a lot more than the other types. You always inflict cold exposure.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 31, 2022, 12:18:21 AM
"
glorioza wrote:
Can somebody share full level 100 tree?

There is one in the PoB section.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info