(RETIRED) [3.20] Sanavi's ☣ Poison BV Trickster ☣ | SSF/HC Viable! ✔️

Hey, I've been struggling a lot with boss damage. I can roll through alch and go t16s like a joke, but I get to any elder/shaper guardian and it feels like my DPS is zero.

This is my POB: https://pastebin.com/L9qxaper (I have a cold iron point on weapon swap that I switch with my obliteration for bossing). I also have a level 20 BV I use for bosses (the level 16 alt quality one I'm still leveling)
"
Belton wrote:

Have been messing around with poison for the majority of the league but thinking about making the switch to cold conv following these crafts — any thoughts on pros/cons of poison vs cold?

(Shield still a WIP- over 350 divs in still trying to aug t1 life, but if that makes any difference assume that it will have that)

Edit: finished shield

Honestly, if I was playing Cold BV, I'd go Occultist. Lot better passives on the north side for that kind of build.

"
BanditBan wrote:
Hey, I've been struggling a lot with boss damage. I can roll through alch and go t16s like a joke, but I get to any elder/shaper guardian and it feels like my DPS is zero.

This is my POB: https://pastebin.com/L9qxaper (I have a cold iron point on weapon swap that I switch with my obliteration for bossing). I also have a level 20 BV I use for bosses (the level 16 alt quality one I'm still leveling)

You double your damage if you get your gems all 21/20, let alone pick up some Awakened. That would be my first suggestion.

I would also work on your helm, the Nearby Enemies have -% to Chaos Resistance is pretty good. You're also missing the Focus bench craft, which is a huge DPS boost for bossing.

Get a corrupted Cold Iron Point with an extra % increased Damage Over Time.

-----

General Update:

The build was a success! I'm glad people have found it fun in this league. I enjoyed min/maxing it and pushing endgame content myself. However, the league mechanic itself does not feel fun or rewarding enough and I've lost a lot of desire to continue playing. If Lakes are improved I'll most likely come back, but otherwise, I'm taking a break until 3.20.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. I've got another build in the works I wanted to try out but most likely will save it for another league start.
Last edited by SanaviEronaile on Sep 17, 2022, 12:42:18 PM
I managed to hit the DoT cap of the game with the build!(for non-uber-pinnacle enemies). Also solved mana problems, don't even use mana flask anymore. Obviously took the SC trade route in the build and gave up around 1k to 2k total health pool. I would min-max it more but crafting is very limited and I got bored of not playing the game lmao. After I am done with grind and RNG challenges, this will be a 40/40 league.

You will need the community fork for this:

https://pastebin.com/xThSfLt0

I am just missing the ring corrupt(I might give up on this), body armour implicit rolls and 3 skill points(easy) from the build. I might get an armour with temple max life fractured and roll the implicits on that, haven't decided yet. Also helmet prefixes are craftable with suffixes cannot be changed + scour + focus craft(to keep the suffix full again) + exalted orb x2, repeat until satisfied. Too lazy for that.
"
BanditBan wrote:

You double your damage if you get your gems all 21/20, let alone pick up some Awakened. That would be my first suggestion.

I would also work on your helm, the Nearby Enemies have -% to Chaos Resistance is pretty good. You're also missing the Focus bench craft, which is a huge DPS boost for bossing.

Get a corrupted Cold Iron Point with an extra % increased Damage Over Time.

[/quote]

It's honestly mind boggling that I still haven't found the helm enchantment, is there a specific syndicate member I should be hunting for to get it? unfortunately my first attempt at creating a res down/reservation helmet bricked (needed to annul a suffix and I hit my -res). So I have to farm up currency for another base.

Good to know I'm on the right track though thanks a bunch
Last edited by BanditBan on Sep 19, 2022, 10:15:07 AM
What gems should I use until I get Enhance and Enlighten?
Really nice build, working well so far in t16 maps, barely dying at all like I usually do.

Energy shield leech feels extremely not useful though, ES on hit with watchers eyes and getting spell breaker instead I found so much better.
Is ming's heart a must? Can it not be switched by one of rare rings with despair on hit / Circle of Nostalgia?
So as short summary. I did 40/40 with this build, done everything except Uber uber bosses, but that is down to me, not to build.

In general, build felt quite nice, it have some potential to push it even harder in terms of dps. I don't know if it needs more tankines, already pushing over 100k ehp. I could replace Ashes with very good yellow amulet as i've elected to use noxius strikes instead of spellbreaker and i have chance to poison covered there and make necessary changes in tree to accomodate for that. There is also case of withering step and wither stack from it, might not be able to apply enough wither stack without ashes.

Main breakpoints for me were
1) double corrupted Asenath's - clear felt so smooth with those
2) replacing blight with withering step was such a quality of life change, improved bossing tenfold as removed necessity to think about applying wither stacks

Anyway, if anybody is interested in my take on this build here is pob:

https://pastebin.com/mVs35V9H

Thanks Sanavi, had a blast playing it.
Last edited by Yossarini on Oct 4, 2022, 8:37:31 AM
"
Rylo151 wrote:
Really nice build, working well so far in t16 maps, barely dying at all like I usually do.

Energy shield leech feels extremely not useful though, ES on hit with watchers eyes and getting spell breaker instead I found so much better.

Thanks!

"
37520889 wrote:
Is ming's heart a must? Can it not be switched by one of rare rings with despair on hit / Circle of Nostalgia?

I think it's integral to the build, but you can do whatever you wish, of course.

"
Yossarini wrote:
So as short summary. I did 40/40 with this build, done everything except Uber uber bosses, but that is down to me, not to build.

In general, build felt quite nice, it have some potential to push it even harder in terms of dps. I don't know if it needs more tankines, already pushing over 100k ehp. I could replace Ashes with very good yellow amulet as i've elected to use noxius strikes instead of spellbreaker and i have chance to poison covered there and make necessary changes in tree to accomodate for that. There is also case of withering step and wither stack from it, might not be able to apply enough wither stack without ashes.

Main breakpoints for me were
1) double corrupted Asenath's - clear felt so smooth with those
2) replacing blight with withering step was such a quality of life change, improved bossing tenfold as removed necessity to think about applying wither stacks

Anyway, if anybody is interested in my take on this build here is pob:

https://pastebin.com/mVs35V9H

Thanks Sanavi, had a blast playing it.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! I was originally going to try for 40/40, but I couldn't get on board with some of the core game changes they've made this league. I did get some endgame boss kills and pushed atlas completion. I'll be taking a look at the build again next league, hopefully it will still be viable as it's a lot of fun to play, and very defensive.
I want to play a BV build. Question is, what are the pros and cons between trickster vs assassin? Assassin looks like they specialize in poison damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info