Divine orb generation compared to Exalts

Hi!

So generally more exalts are being produced becuase of all the divination cards that give exalts, brothers stash, scout, hoarder etc etc.
now that divine orbs will be in much higher demand and the only way to produce them is from drops basicly.

my feeling is that crafting even midtier items will be ALOT more expensive now,
for example a pair of tailwind onsloaught evasive boots you could craft for about 15-20ex. (exalt price about 150c) so lets say they cost 15-20 divines to make this league and divines being more scarce, my guess is that they will soar above 200c each.

i just think there should be some other way to aquire divines aside from only drops. there is 6 div cards set that produce exalted orbs (8 if u include void and emperors luck) and only 1 card set that give divine orbs which only drop from specific map bosses and thus isnt farmable. (3 if u include void and emperors luck)

how do you guys think this will affect the crafting scene for midtier crafters?

//pTk
Last edited by pTk91 on Aug 12, 2022, 4:41:27 AM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2022, 8:21:10 AM
SSF got hit quite hard with this, but I don't mind it. SSF is selfimposed misery.
"
SSF got hit quite hard with this, but I don't mind it. SSF is selfimposed misery.

And how we do love to suffer....
As a crafter myself (I usually make most of my currency this way every league I play) I can give some insights:

Changing the cost of meta mods from exalts to divines will have a huge impact on the economy for crafted items/gear. Mid-tier crafts, commonly bought and thought after by "average endgame blasters who just want to enjoy their builds and grind their heart out" will be more expensive to get. Your gearing will be delayed by quite a bit. Those type of players will be affected the most by this change.
Depending on how much GGG will nerf the drop rate of unique items, this will also affect the gear cost of the average Joe - and it is not only the drop rate, it is about having good rolls on them (with divines being used for meta crafting, divining uniques will likely be out of reach for many lower end players)

For anyone who thought "get f*cked top 1% of players" - sry to break it to you all, but for those players, nothing will change; they will get their stuff as quick as always and then drive the prices up for anyone else. This change is also indirectly benefits no-lifers who can play non-stop at league start compared to average players with family and IRL commitments who will have to pay higher prices/get their progression slowed. RIP standard players hoarding exalts I guess - that's it.

While crafting becomes more expensive, good crafters won't bother much at all except for entry cost, which means good gear will be available a bit later than usual on the market for everyone. Otherwise, crafters will just charge higher prices than ever before to compensate, and that is basically it.
Divine Orbs are also used for rerolling mod values (which was always a big part) - with them being expensive and harvest divine crafts gone, - most divining for rare items was done with Harvest - expect crafts with good rolls (not just the stats you want) to be very expensive. Only the top 1% will likely be able to afford good rolled rare crafted gear. If you want to get into crafting - be warned - this is not the league for it. Materials for meta crafting will be more expensive than ever and if you don't know what you are doing you will lose currency instead of making it - top tier crafters will likely corner the market and dictate prices.

Despite exalts and divines having the same drop rate, exalts are much more available and can be farmed more easily in 3.19 compared to divines - Divines will be scarce since there are not many alternative ways to obtain them. Depending on how much GGG will "adjust" the drop rate of "The Sephiroth" divination card - expect Villa map prices go up - which will be one of the few target farming methods for divine orbs, we will see how much a divine orb will be worth 2 weeks into a new league. Many divines will also come from Heist, this league especially.

For everyone who is excited about exalt slamming (close your eyes and slam - aka "the vision") - be prepared to be disappointed. Most of the time this is pure gambling and will either ruin your item or give you undesired results. It is only beneficial to the lower end of players who reach maps.
Picking up rares from the ground is also not desirable anymore with recombinators gone - exalt slamming a rare from the ground isn't a realistic way to get good endgame gear.
Prepare for Eldritch Annuls to get more expensive; with exalted prices dropping, many crafters will adopt this tech since it will, most likely, be a lot cheaper than meta crafting in most cases.

On top of that - I don't think the league mechanic looks that rewarding at first glance (especially when compared to Sentinel). We also get lower mob density in maps since league mechanics got rebalanced; a lesser amount of rares and magic mobs will be impactful (another indirect buff to Heist).

So for TLDR:

- gear will get more expensive this league to buy and craft
- Heist received a huge indirect buffs
- a map strategy around Villa could be potentially nice
This is a direct nerf to the Blue Man Group.
Why would anyone choose them in the Atlas tree now?
"
MaxW81 wrote:
This is a direct nerf to the Blue Man Group.
Why would anyone choose them in the Atlas tree now?

Ancient Orbs. But that's not worth the investment on the tree. As someone who used the Harbinger nodes (I happen to like Harbinger), I don't think I can justify wasting that many points on it now.

You may see Ancient Orb prices go up as a result, so maybe I'm wrong.
Last edited by Nubatron on Aug 12, 2022, 7:18:52 AM
Havent seen it mentioned yet: This will have a huge (negative for them so good in the end) impact on the bot/rmt abusers.

I play mostly ssf myself and couldnt care less about this change tbh.
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
As a crafter myself (I usually make most of my currency this way every league I play) I can give some insights:

Changing the cost of meta mods from exalts to divines will have a huge impact on the economy for crafted items/gear. Mid-tier crafts, commonly bought and thought after by "average endgame blasters who just want to enjoy their builds and grind their heart out" will be more expensive to get. Your gearing will be delayed by quite a bit. Those type of players will be affected the most by this change.
Depending on how much GGG will nerf the drop rate of unique items, this will also affect the gear cost of the average Joe - and it is not only the drop rate, it is about having good rolls on them (with divines being used for meta crafting, divining uniques will likely be out of reach for many lower end players)

For anyone who thought "get f*cked top 1% of players" - sry to break it to you all, but for those players, nothing will change; they will get their stuff as quick as always and then drive the prices up for anyone else. This change is also indirectly benefits no-lifers who can play non-stop at league start compared to average players with family and IRL commitments who will have to pay higher prices/get their progression slowed. RIP standard players hoarding exalts I guess - that's it.

While crafting becomes more expensive, good crafters won't bother much at all except for entry cost, which means good gear will be available a bit later than usual on the market for everyone. Otherwise, crafters will just charge higher prices than ever before to compensate, and that is basically it.
Divine Orbs are also used for rerolling mod values (which was always a big part) - with them being expensive and harvest divine crafts gone, - most divining for rare items was done with Harvest - expect crafts with good rolls (not just the stats you want) to be very expensive. Only the top 1% will likely be able to afford good rolled rare crafted gear. If you want to get into crafting - be warned - this is not the league for it. Materials for meta crafting will be more expensive than ever and if you don't know what you are doing you will lose currency instead of making it - top tier crafters will likely corner the market and dictate prices.

Despite exalts and divines having the same drop rate, exalts are much more available and can be farmed more easily in 3.19 compared to divines - Divines will be scarce since there are not many alternative ways to obtain them. Depending on how much GGG will "adjust" the drop rate of "The Sephiroth" divination card - expect Villa map prices go up - which will be one of the few target farming methods for divine orbs, we will see how much a divine orb will be worth 2 weeks into a new league. Many divines will also come from Heist, this league especially.

For everyone who is excited about exalt slamming (close your eyes and slam - aka "the vision") - be prepared to be disappointed. Most of the time this is pure gambling and will either ruin your item or give you undesired results. It is only beneficial to the lower end of players who reach maps.
Picking up rares from the ground is also not desirable anymore with recombinators gone - exalt slamming a rare from the ground isn't a realistic way to get good endgame gear.
Prepare for Eldritch Annuls to get more expensive; with exalted prices dropping, many crafters will adopt this tech since it will, most likely, be a lot cheaper than meta crafting in most cases.

On top of that - I don't think the league mechanic looks that rewarding at first glance (especially when compared to Sentinel). We also get lower mob density in maps since league mechanics got rebalanced; a lesser amount of rares and magic mobs will be impactful (another indirect buff to Heist).

So for TLDR:

- gear will get more expensive this league to buy and craft
- Heist received a huge indirect buffs
- a map strategy around Villa could be potentially nice

really good input and i agree with all you points.
i got relativly deep into crafting last league making about 800-1000ex from items i crafted. sold 3 pair of boots for over 150ex each. i will try to go for something similar but ye it will take some more considaration and planning!
"

Tbh it kinda is, but playing the game with the "can this be useful to one of my chars" mindset instead of the "is this worth anything on the market" mindset is a whole another (better imho) experience.

Yeah SSF crafting got nerfed hard. Gonna run some heists for a chaos>div trinket.
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:

For anyone who thought "get f*cked top 1% of players" - sry to break it to you all, but for those players

Oh I don't think so. Since all of you 1%'rs are in the forums crying. You never see this. Only time you guys are in the forums, is when you make fun of average players getting shafted.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info