Trickster cyclone in 3.19?

Was just wondering how viable a trickster cyclone build would be with the new ascendency and unique armour rework for +5 to movement skills like cyclone and a bunch of damage.

The new trickster would get a lot of ES from that unique armor, it would go really fast with one step ahead, and seems like a pretty tanky ascendency overall.

Would it actually be able to pull off decent damage though?

Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks.
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2022, 7:12:44 PM
Yeah, good question. I wonder if Trickster will be playable through one handed swords and critical damage via cyclone.
Some Energy Blade shenanigans should work.
I am not smart enough to come up with a build tho
I didn't think about energy blade but I could definitely see that being an option.

I'm also not sure how well cyclone scales with gem levels so maybe 2 cold iron points could be good for cyclone?

It's been so long since I went spin2win so I'm really hoping someone out there figures out a great way to use trickster and bronn's lithe for cyclone in 3.19
cyclone scales really bad with gem lv, it is basically just more AOE!

Still looking into this however!
I prepared a PoB build for cyclone trickster this league with the soul drinker ascendancy jewels, but didn't execute it ingame cause I had too much fun on my other build.

Anyhow, my PoB said 5mill dps and 9-10k ES with not that much investment.

It was very tanky already but with the changes to trickster now, it will be even tankier and easier to acquire since the soul drinker jewels arent neccesary anymore.

I'll share the PoB I planned: https://pastebin.com/ivS0wFd3
Arian Synthesis of G3
"
Pelagoth wrote:
I prepared a PoB build for cyclone trickster this league with the soul drinker ascendancy jewels, but didn't execute it ingame cause I had too much fun on my other build.

Anyhow, my PoB said 5mill dps and 9-10k ES with not that much investment.

It was very tanky already but with the changes to trickster now, it will be even tankier and easier to acquire since the soul drinker jewels arent neccesary anymore.

I'll share the PoB I planned: https://pastebin.com/ivS0wFd3

Interesting, I was looking for a starter point to build an ES cyclone but I was thinking converting phys to chaos but I'm not sure how viable/how many ways are of converting phys to chaos aside of the mastery (40% phys to chaos). And i'm not good at theorycrafting...

Can you help me out knowing if its a good idea (str stacking with replica alberon -which maybe is insane since shadow has almost no str closeby-, the key would be using the new reworked chest that gives level 25 or so added chaos iirc (EDIT: nevermind, its The Covenant and doesn't work with CI) and find a way to stack poison since dmg multiplier would be increased with criticals, that's what I was thinking but... again not sure if viable/how to get 100% phys to chaos).

EDIT: The other thing I thought was just using cobra lash since it has 60% phys to chaos and poison by default so it's way easier to build up, but I would prefer cyclone for gameplay shenanigans if I'm honest here.

Anyways thanks for your pastebin, gave me some hindsight.
Last edited by Soulafein_Ld on Aug 14, 2022, 10:11:07 AM
what do you guys think about flicker strike trickster?
"
what do you guys think about flicker strike trickster?
Trickster ascendency does not provide anyway to generate frenzy charges, raider is still king in that area. Also, flicker is one of those builds that because you're always in melee range, and don't have a lot of control over your movement, the best defense is really a good offense. You will still get brutally murdered even with the great defensive stats trickster now provides because your offensive DPS will not be sufficient imo.

Last edited by ericpcho on Aug 18, 2022, 7:13:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info