Tailoring orb. Usage rate and drop rate is stupid. Need improvement

I'm going to share with you my attempt to enchant my chest :

I started with 20 tailoring orbs to get a 15% increased defense, that cost me 320ex. unfortunately no results. I waited and sold several valuable items to try to get the enchantment.

Another try with 20 orbs for 320ex again. No results yet I know and accept the difficulty of the game and the cruel RNG. I stay patient and wait to sell items, to try again, yes I am determined !

In the end I used 210 tailoring orbs, that is 4200ex for nothing.

if you like to improve considerably the drop rate to farm this orb and there is more on the market, and lower the price. Otherwise change the rate of obtaining an enchantment with a base of 15% increase of a stat

I was stubborn to use so much currency for a simple enchantment I agree, but to have no result, I am furious. Maybe this is a bug, but I doubt it...

I don't know if this is the right place for this post, I still want to share this try and this bad experience of craft. maybe this will improve the quality of the farm and the success rate of enchantment. Really so little chance of success for so much currency invested, and even no result in the end, it does not give desire to take so much risk in a losing investment

Last edited by Tssay on Aug 8, 2022, 3:40:25 PM
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2022, 7:56:14 AM
This is one of those things where sometimes RnG is in your favor and sometimes its not. The price of tailoring orbs is dependent on the market (available vs. not available) which also affects their prices. To save yourself some money you could instead farm heist yourself (this would've taken more time but possibly save yourself some cost).
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
"
KingExodusGG wrote:
This is one of those things where sometimes RnG is in your favor and sometimes its not. The price of tailoring orbs is dependent on the market (available vs. not available) which also affects their prices. To save yourself some money you could instead farm heist yourself (this would've taken more time but possibly save yourself some cost).

yes I agree with you, the RNG is sometimes in our favor, and sometimes not, it is one of the fundamental bases of POE, and a base which makes the charm of POE, this difficulty to kill a boss or to farm for 1 month or much more, to buy material and to consider a craft to improve your build and have that feeling of progress... . however, I remain on opinion for this enchantment system, it is too severe. and must be modified on the chance rate when using an orb and the farm in blueprint. I have also farm in blueprint directly. 200 BP enchanted armements (it took me 4 weeks, 30mins - 2hrs per day), full revealed, total 800 rooms, I got 22 orbs (tempering and tailoring), so 1 chance out of 36 approximately. the price on the market is a consequence of the rarity of the item, very few players bring these items to the market and yet it is a very useful and requested item. the price has increased since we can no longer duplicate the BP. as much rarity to give to this item with positive use so low, NO this system needs to be re-evaluated.

I hope that with my poor English, you will understand what I want to expose KingExodusGG

Last edited by Tssay on Aug 8, 2022, 7:28:15 PM
"
Tssay wrote:
"
KingExodusGG wrote:

yes I agree with you, the RNG is sometimes in our favor, and sometimes not, it is one of the fundamental bases of POE, and a base which makes the charm of POE, this difficulty to kill a boss or to farm for 1 month or much more, to buy material and to consider a craft to improve your build and have that feeling of progress... . however, I remain on opinion for this enchantment system, it is too severe. and must be modified on the chance rate when using an orb and the farm in blueprint. I have also farm in blueprint directly. 200 BP enchanted armements (it took me 4 weeks, 30mins - 2hrs per day), full revealed, total 800 rooms, I got 22 orbs (tempering and tailoring), so 1 chance out of 36 approximately. the price on the market is a consequence of the rarity of the item, very few players bring these items to the market and yet it is a very useful and requested item. the price has increased since we can no longer duplicate the BP. as much rarity to give to this item with positive use so low, NO this system needs to be re-evaluated.

I hope that with my poor English, you will understand what I want to expose KingExodusGG

I understand your frustration. But there is a misconception you are using and that is you assume the enchantment is meant to be reasonably reached by some. It is not. It is not designed to be something the vast majority of people can hope to reach. It like the Sacred Orbs are literally meant for the very tiny handful of people rolling mirror gear. This is why it will not be made easier.
"
I understand your frustration. But there is a misconception you are using and that is you assume the enchantment is meant to be reasonably reached by some. It is not. It is not designed to be something the vast majority of people can hope to reach. It like the Sacred Orbs are literally meant for the very tiny handful of people rolling mirror gear. This is why it will not be made easier.

thank you for your message and the reflexion you bring TemjinGold. Yes, I am angry and frustrated that I was so stubborn to try a hit mod with such a low chance rate. It was an experiment I had already done, I had succeeded after 30 orbs, I think this mod is not so rare compared to the 15% def, 1:10 (attribut increased by 15%) if my memory is good

it's really a shame to spend so much time for farming or trading in solo/small group and have a tiny chance. the time and energy spent is not worth, and it is regrettable that is reserved to some player. yet I crafter more complicated items, I persevered, I was strategic, I was patient, but there lose so much time and currency for a simple enchantment, it's severe the rng on this orb.
I still hope that BP farming will be more attractive and rewarding and that it will be possible to farm for oneself these orbs and or to bring them on the market and thus make enchantment more accessible

Last edited by Tssay on Aug 8, 2022, 8:42:26 PM
tailoring orbs are exclusively for min/maxing.

so the drop rate and weightings for the enchants are fine, you don't NEED that enchant at 15% most likely.
"
Tssay wrote:
"

thank you for your message and the reflexion you bring TemjinGold. Yes, I am angry and frustrated that I was so stubborn to try a hit mod with such a low chance rate. It was an experiment I had already done, I had succeeded after 30 orbs, I think this mod is not so rare compared to the 15% def, 1:10 (attribut increased by 15%) if my memory is good

it's really a shame to spend so much time for farming or trading in solo/small group and have a tiny chance.
the time and energy spent is not worth, and it is regrettable that is reserved to some player. yet I crafter more complicated items, I persevered, I was strategic, I was patient, but there lose so much time and currency for a simple enchantment, it's severe the rng on this orb.
I still hope that BP farming will be more attractive and rewarding and that it will be possible to farm for oneself these orbs and or to bring them on the market and thus make enchantment more accessible

To the bolded part. - You could say the same thing about mirrors, exalts, any other RnG related thing in this game. It's just part of the game man. It can be frustrating sometimes even when you grind your butt off. But I don't see them changing any of this. As multiple people have stated.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
"
dorkdude2 wrote:
tailoring orbs are exclusively for min/maxing.

so the drop rate and weightings for the enchants are fine, you don't NEED that enchant at 15% most likely.

yes completely agree with you, the Toiloring are for min/max. Which is not really necessary for a seasonal league. Personally I play exclusively in standard league which corresponds more to my available playing time, so casual most of the year. some farms/trade take me 1 to +3 months to accumulate/farm an acceptable quantity for a crafting project or the purchase of a piece of gear, it's long but the finality is gratifying and also the foundation of POE.

"so the drop rate and weightings for the enchants are fine" yes, the orb weight is fine, in my case it is a very bad RNG that I had. on the other hand for the farm, really gas you farmer this orb? how many hours you play per day? look at the market, the poor quantities on the market (all servers)... the price is completely fixed by rarity and no by to a weight of success or by the power that enchantment gives , it is clear that this is reserved for an elite (all servers) that plays 72 hours per day.

I remain on opinion, to deploy so much effort and time for a simple enchantment compared to create an item tripple elevated mod is easier even for a casuel/humain player, strange balance !

Last edited by Tssay on Aug 10, 2022, 6:15:44 AM
I'd argue it's also for those who love gambling. Don't know if that's a good thing but sometimes it's the thrill of "I might hit it" that people enjoy moreso than actually hitting it.
Its very rare

My friend made miror tier vaal reagalia with suppress+ global def

He wanted the increased defences one

So we farm it for 3 days

One farming contracts+reaveals
Other farming blueprints

38 blueprints for 3 tailor orbs

He got it on the se ond orb

Respect
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content

Report Forum Post