Request: please hide login details

Hello,

I would gladly stream this great game, but there is one big problem: my email might be visible to public in case of some bug, connection issue or other interruptions.

Is it possible to hide login email just like password is hidden?

* * * U p d a t e * * *

Unfortunately new e-mail address is not solving real issue, that is security risk.

Keeping e-mail exposed to public creates number of unwanted possible actions.
GGG is warning us about some of then (image below, in green).
But is it not better to prevent instead trying to lesser impact?
Since this is the e-mail used for logging to the game there are number of other risks involved.

If something like shown on above picture is not possible, I have another suggestion, evenly easy to implement:
Instead of log-in screen upon disconnection, show other screen where will be option to log-in, this way streamer will have time to switch scenes to avoid compromising e-mail address.

Have fun.
TeiHarbinger
Last edited by Teiwaz on Apr 20, 2013, 1:01:48 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Is that really bothering only me that personal info is exposed this way?
TeiHarbinger
Start streaming after you've logged in? Don't tick the Remember Me option so that it doesn't auto fill the username box should you d/c (Dunno if this works how I think it does or if it just affects only the password)?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Unfortunately this is not working that way (already tried that), and e-mail addy is still visible even if remembering details is unticked.
Therefore any disconnection will result in exposing e-mail to viewers.

Thanks for taking time to answer tho.

This is a bit ironic that there is such situation with exposing e-mail while at the same time just at the bottom of login screen there is warning about people trying to steal login details with fake e-mails.....
TeiHarbinger
Last edited by Teiwaz on Apr 13, 2013, 3:06:03 PM
BUMP....

This is not too much coding and improves security...
TeiHarbinger
hmmm seems it's bothering only me... still easy to implement
TeiHarbinger
Probably not so many streamers around, I agree this could be worked on though.
You can either wait for them to implement this (potentially never) or you can just use a PoE only email address?
Last edited by Sythen on Apr 19, 2013, 4:16:30 AM
Unfortunately new e-mail address is not solving real issue, that is security risk.

Keeping e-mail exposed to public creates number of unwanted possible actions.
GGG is warning us about some of then (image below, in green).
But is it not better to prevent instead trying to lesser impact?
Since this is the e-mail used for logging to the game there are number of other risks involved.

If something like shown on above picture is not possible, I have another suggestion, evenly easy to implement:
Instead of log-in screen upon disconnection, show other screen where will be option to log-in, this way streamer will have time to switch scenes to avoid compromising e-mail address.

Have fun.
TeiHarbinger
Bumping this because this should really be added to the game.

Hiding the email should also be apart of "Hide Login Details" and it wouldn't take much effort at all to code into the game. I love the game and everything but please add this sometime soon at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info