[Belton 3.18] 💥 100% chance to not consume charges Autocast Discharge 💥

Hi Everyone, Belton here. In this thread I will explain, showcase, and opine on my one true passion in Path of Exile, spanning a decade of play: Discharge.

Why Discharge?

Spoiler
For some background: I have been playing Path of Exile since 2013. When I first began, there were very few builds, a small pool of uniques, no ascendencies, and much smaller itemization/crafting potential- sufficed to say-- options were somewhat limited. There was a map at the time called Gorge-- a straight shot linear, super narrow map that was often run for experience in groups as map drops were scarce at the time-- party play was organized in global chats.
Of the limited uniques in the game, there were a few that were "chase" items-- if you had one of these, you were considered rich. These included Shavs, Kaom's, Crown of Eyes (etc.)-- and most importantly Mjolnir. At the time discharge had no internal cooldown, and was triggered ad infinitum based on hits proc'd by this item-- meaning one could use Molten strike supported by multistrike, GMP, Faster attacks, etc. and for each hit and projectile-- discharge would be cast. Sufficed to say, it was possible to cast it dozens of times a second. This, combined with the heavy graphic component of discharge at the time (the game was far from optimized performance wise) would cause party members to frequently crash while playing with a discharge character. As a result of this, global chat would frequently be filled with messages that read "LFM Gorge Map Rotation NO DISCHARGE". As someone new to the game, unable to afford a 5 chaos item let alone the all mighty "rainbownuke" build- I thought this was so badass that there was a build that was so OP it was literally banned from party play. I have been hooked ever since.

Some of My Discharge Highlights Over the Years

100% Chance to Not Consume Charges Autocast Discharge

-33 total charges, 100% uptime
-Autocast 4x a second, no mana cost
-100% crit, 1000% crit multi
-30-40k armour and evasion
-Immune to stun, ailments, bleed, and curses
-Dual Curse
-Chaos Resistance Cap
-1-2% global leech, life gained on all hits
-Insane mobility
-Screenwide AoE
-4500-5000 Life, 500-1000es
-140%+ movespeed permanently
-Further minor layers of Suppression, Block, Blind, Reduced Damage from Crits

Explanation of Build

Spoiler
How is 100% chance achieved?

Spoiler
In Uber Lab, there is a helm enchant that provides this eeffect with a flat 30% chance to not consume charges.
Furthermore, Divergent Discharge alternate quality gem states that for every 2% quality, discharge will have 1% chance to not consume charges when cast. This means that in order to obtain 100%, we need to obtain 140% quality on our divergent discharge. This is obtained by the following:

Gem: 23%
Ashes: 30%
Weapon Implicit:6%
Weapon Explicit: 10%
Awakened Enhance Level 10 (with +5 levels from Weapon: 72%
Total: 141%
Note: You can get either 29% on Ashes or 22% on divergent discharge for the same effect.

How is Discharge Cast?

Spoiler

Using the Jun mod "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a skill, with an 8 second Cooldown" on our weapon combined with the threshold jewel endless Misery, we are able to Automatically trigger discharge without ever having to manually cast it. The wording on endless misery states that discharge's cooldown is 250ms. This is important, because it does not state that it is "lowered to" -- when it says that it IS-- that means the number is immutable, it cannot be lowered or raised-- and will supercede all other changes to it- including the Jun mod. This means we can Autocast 4x a second.

Why not Cast on Crit?

Spoiler

The Jun mod is superior to Cast on Crit (to the point it is obsolete and should never be used with a triggered version of discharge) for several reasons.

1.) Cast on crit requires two gem sockets in our 6L- by using the Jun Mod, we gain two additional options for our trigger spell (BV)
2.) We no longer need to scale any attack based stats: No weapon crit, No attack speed, No Vagan "hits cant be evaded" or Accuracy-- this helps free alot of points/makes optimizing and itemization alot better
3.) The Squire allows us to run Discharge with the Jun Mod in a 6L while using a 1h-- furthermore, if not using "100% chance to remove charges" version (a different build I will detail later)-- you can get "socketed gems are supported by..." crafts on weapons, allowing you to play with upwards of a 11/12 link discharge-- as CoC would need to be run in a 6L-this isnt possible.

What Skill Triggers Discharge?

Spoiler
Any skill.

However, ours will primarily be done through a mixture of Shield Charge/Flame Dash which we use for mobility and Blade Vortex on single target.

Shield charge scales off both movement speed and attack speed, which makes it the clear choice for mobility, as we aren't scaling attack speed due to no longer needing it for CoC- however, we do have hybrid "attack and cast speed" nodes on the tree, as well as the boot enchant and frenzy charges that more than make up for this.

Blade Vortex is the single target choice because it hits 7.5 times a second while at 10 stacks, allowing for a myriad of beneficial "on hit" effects to be taken advantage of, as well as being very easy mechanically to hold down right click and cast the neccessary amount of times in order to proc discharge 4x a second, furthermore, as a duration skill, it can be maintained throughout mapping--- this is further magnified by the fact that we have an entire 6L to support it- meaning we can use both Unleash and increased duration-- A common problem faced by triggered discharge builds in the past was that BV was triggered by CoC and had no additional supports, making it nearly impossible to operate with at full stacks and severely hampering discharges capacity for single target damage. This is no longer the case.

How Do We Generate/Sustain Charges?

Spoiler
Power Charges:

-Assassin has both "Power charge on crit" and "Power charge on non crit"
-Swift killer from forbidden flame and flesh has power charge on kill
-Disciple of the forbidden has power charge on kill
-Discharge will be linked with Power Charge on Crit support gem

Power Charges will not be up in hideut, however, will never drop once you start mapping, or in any single target situation. Ever.

Endurance and Frenzy Charges:

Both are permanently maintained at full stacks (even in hideout) by Replica Farrul's Fur.

To take advantage of this, all we must do is craft "Aspect of the Cat" on either our helm, gloves, or rings. There are two approaches to make sure that it has 100% uptime on both charges. You can either craft it on gloves/helm and use one link with "Less Duration" which will apply to the Aspect of the Cat-- causing it to flip between aspects frequently enough to maintain 100% uptime, or you can take frenzy/endurance duration nodes on the tree that lead up to the charges, or simply get the harvest implicit seen below on your jewels

I would recommend doing the latter as it allows us to craft aspect of the cat on one of our rings which frees up a gem slot, and ring suffixes arent as strong as helm/glove alternatives.

How Do We Sustain the Mana Cost?

Spoiler
Due to the Jun Mod bearing with it a 150% more mana multiplier on top of discharge being in a 6 link, and casting four times a second, the mana cost left unaddressed can become obscene (700-1000 mana/second)

This obviously won't do- as we want to use as many Auras as possible, and never want to have to worry about missing out on discharge procs because of resource cost.

While it is technically possible to simply run Eldritch battery and use ES on hit watchers with some reduced mana points/gear- I prefer to tackle this through the following:

Note: The Squire is also giving a further 8% quality to Divergent Inspiration.

Using the above combination leaves discharge with a mana cost of 3, well within our ability to susain infinitely with as low as 20-30 mana left unreserved.

It is important to note that in order to generate an Inspiration charge from the support gem, which is what grants the "more" multiplier- Discharge MUST cost at least 1 mana. If eldritch battery or 0 mana cost are used-- inspiration charges will not generate, and you will lose a whopping 25% more multiplier. There are a multitude of ways to achieve mana cost balance, the above is the most optimized way I have found thus far-- as it does not require a single point on the tree.

BV can also become very expensive, given its high cast speed and (my) tendency to simply hold it down permanently in single target scenarios.
I also use a divergent inspiration in the 6L to give it a 0 mana cost so I don't have to worry about this.

Note: You can allow discharge to have 0 mana cost and generate inspiration charges through BV as long as it costs 1 mana or more, Discharge will still receive the more multiplier bonus so long as the inspiration charges are present and it is linked with the support gem.

Gear [Sentinel League]

Spoiler
Helm:
Spoiler

Gloves:
Spoiler

Boots:
Spoiler

Chest:
Spoiler

Amulet:
Spoiler

Rings:
Spoiler

Shield:
Spoiler

Weapon:
Spoiler

Belt:
Spoiler

Jewels (Yes, we run 17 jewels):
Spoiler

Flasks:

Spoiler

Obviously, lots of options here. Only Mandatory ones are Quicksilver with MS, 25% reduced mana suffix somewhere, and curse immunity.
I highly recommend using an amethyst and Quartz as well. Diamond flasks, even without crit suffix, are also incredibly efficient as they will allow you to unspec points from crit on the tree.

Stun avoidance can be obtained via jewel implicits, resistance through gear and/or Purity of Elements, evasion/armour through auras, life regen through Vitality etc. Try to utilize suffixes/flask bases based on what is otherwise unavailable to you.

Gems/Links

Spoiler

Discharge:
Spoiler

Main Hand

Squire

Only non-essential here would be to swap elemental penetration-- alternatives would be Concentrated Effect, Awakened Added Lightning/Cold, Awakened AoE, Awakened Elemental Focus, Crit Multi.

Blade Vortex:
Spoiler

Mandatory:

Options:

Auras:

Spoiler

Mobility:

Spoiler

Choose One:

Damage/Defense Screenshots

Spoiler

Damage (Hideout)

Defenses

Charges

Last edited by Belton on Aug 17, 2022, 5:21:26 AM
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2022, 8:49:26 AM
Could this be the most expensive build achievable in league? Awesome build man
Legendary build from a legendary player; GG.
I'm so hyped for the showcase videos. If this build cant insta phase Uber Sirus or Uber Maven I'm gonna be very disappointed.
PoB?
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
pog
Fascinating insanity. But I advise noone to look up the costs of most items required here, as you'll faint. It's a purely theoretical build no normal player can ever afford, but it's interestingly concepted :)
This build surely can't do bosses, is it just a mapper? A fun project? Memes?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
This build surely can't do bosses, is it just a mapper? A fun project? Memes?

Last edited by Fiard on Jul 14, 2022, 12:44:02 PM
977 % critical strike multiplier................aaaaaalright...i'm outta here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info